Troll & Toad or TCGPlayer

zaratath

Aspiring Trainer
So I'm about to go to Regionals and have been looking at buying a few singles. I haven't compared prices yet but all I really care about is the condition. Have any of you guys had personal experience with the companies or do you know anything about it?
All help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Zaratath

I've found tcgplayer to be cheaper for the most part. I haven't had any issues with tcgplayer so far, deliveries have been on time for the most part and the quality matches what I pay for, but that could be from buying from highly rated sellers.

Haven't purchased from T&T but if you can find cheaper product with similar quality to what you find on tcgplayer, go for it.

but all I really care about is the condition.

In that case, I would definitely recommend that you stay away from Troll & Toad. They have a horrible track record with accurately describing conditions and shipping in ways that protects cards from additional damage. I've had a bad experience with them myself, and I've heard lots of stories from other people, too.

Confirming troll and toad is 100% garbage. They don't protect their cards well and their guidelines for condition is sketchy at best. Don't even think of selling to them either, as you're barred from protecting your cards at all (not even penny sleeves), leaving them open to dispute the condition of your cards when they arrive with bends and nicks from unprotected shipping. I will never, ever deal with them again.

TCG ships internationally. I have bought through the TCG and live in Aus... Condition is accurate and shipping reliable. I have never had a problem

Ironically, I've had the opposite experience to the others in the thread. The only tcgplayer store that has had the stuff I was looking for at cheaper prices than Trollandtoad was Super Games Inc, and they didn't generally have the stock TT has. Furthermore, while I haven't had any problems from TT at all, neither in condition nor in shipping, I have had a few tcgplayer orders go missing and while they were nice enough to refund properly, it's still annoying to have to deal with.

I recommend TCG Player. Never had an issue with the shipping, condition, etc. Troll and Toad may say the card is in NM/M condition but most of the time it isn't.

I have had 5 orders of 20-30 cards come from T&T and they've been exactly as promised. Cards were well protected, and all NM. The $2.99 flat rate to Canada is quite good too, if painfully slow.

Back