Pokemon What Changes Would You Make to Certain Pokémon?

Chocolate Death

I should be the Water Trial Captain now!
Hi everyone! I asked myself earlier, "If I could change a Pokemon, what would I change about them? Why would I change that about them? What kind of effects would it have on the Pokemon's impact in the games and competitive overall?" After thinking about it further, I decided to change a few things about Hippowdon.

One of the first things I would change would be it's speed, as real life hippos are known to be rather fast contrary to popular belief. The only other changes I would make are purely cosmetic, having the female be a light dusty tan and darker black than the male with both shinies being mostly black. The last thing I would change about them is their lack of ears. I loved the little ears Hippopotas had and would prefer if Hippowdon kept them atop its hippo head and have it the same color as the head.

I feel the impact these changes would have on the Pokemon itself would be mostly beneficial. The value of the shiny would increase, making it feel more significant when people get one legitimately. The speed buff would boost its already high competitive rankings but, if anything, would make using Curse on it even less viable than it is now.

With this out of the way, I'd like to know what pokemon you would change, how, why, and what kind of effect or outcome you think it will have!

ZygardeChronicles

PMD5 when
Definitely Eeveelutions. Sylveon is missing that defensive support it needs and I only very recently found out Umbreon wasn't physical. Also Shedinja needs a bit more Atk.
Also I think Garchomp should get a good signature ability instead of Sand Veil. We have to admit, Sand Veil stinks. Here is my idea
Ability: Dragon Stomp
Pokémon with ability: Garchomp
Effect: Whenever the Pokémon flinches, Speed is lowered by 1, but Attack is raised by 1 and Defense/Special Defense is raised by 2.

Chocolate Death

Great way to scare off fake out pokemon! I like that, but I feel like it'd be better if it got a second ability rather than drop sand veil, as it is a shark that swims in sand after all.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
I'd like to see Gourgeist getting either a) higher special attack to take advantage of the fact that it (unusually for a Grass type) learns several Fire type moves which are mostly on the special side (of which it lacks strength), or b) it learnt some kind of physical Fire move, although there aren't really any that would fit a pumpkin (except maybe Flare Blitz which could be a bit of a stretch)

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
Well, I'd certainly would like to have a permanent gameplay mechanic which makes Pokémon have regional differences. It's lame to only have Vivillion after so many years and to have only gender (and not in every Pokémon) and shiny differences (with some being just AWFUL). I'd like to see a white Noctowl, even if to call it Hedwig, I would love to see Pidove get something like Spinda but with colous and the possibility of being all white, black, gray and brown or brown with white wingtips and so on.
In the end, it's also a chance of having more unique Pokémon and a sign from the Pokémon's origins.

Btw, for Arceus's sake, make Pikachu have his old and actual cry instead of saying it's name.

Chocolate Death

Well, I'd certainly would like to have a permanent gameplay mechanic which makes Pokémon have regional differences. It's lame to only have Vivillion after so many years and to have only gender (and not in every Pokémon) and shiny differences (with some being just AWFUL). I'd like to see a white Noctowl, even if to call it Hedwig, I would love to see Pidove get something like Spinda but with colous and the possibility of being all white, black, gray and brown or brown with white wingtips and so on.
In the end, it's also a chance of having more unique Pokémon and a sign from the Pokémon's origins.

Btw, for Arceus's sake, make Pikachu have his old and actual cry instead of saying it's name.

Well, uhh, technically only the pikachu thing was along the lines of the thread but i like your points overall. I think it'd be nice to see such things too, like the Vivillon and Shellos/Gastrodon thing. Also, you reminded me of something I thought they should add where a pokemon can get the opposite of a crit and resist an attack.

juunkmilk

3nd coming
put spikes t.b.h.
eliminate smoochum
most new ones could stand to lose a few details from their design
no stripes

CF1994

Aspiring Trainer
I would give Dunsparce a well overdue evolution.

To begin with, it should have been a Normal/Ground Type. That way, it can at least make good use of some Ground Type moves it can learn. When it is time for it to evolve, if ever, I would give it's evolution the unseen Fairy/Ground Type combo as of now.

If Dunsparce were to evolve, most of it's Abilities will change. While it will keep Serene Grace for it's majestic appearance, Run Away would become Intimidate, since Shinx and Scraggy have access to it for some reason. Rattled would become Sheer Force. The choice is yours, if that were the case.

Appearance-wise, it would be an elderly version of Dragonair and/or Gyarados, complete with feathered wings, a wicked cool beard, and a mighty jaw, enabling it to learn a lot more biting moves in it's level-up movepool. It would grow some arms, since they make everything awesome.

In regards to movepool, the evolution could also learn a fair chunk of Dragon Type moves through TMs and Move Tutors, while having a sufficient Fairy and Ground movepool for levelling up.

Concerning it's stats, it would be a Mighty Glacier at best. 120 HP, 100 Atk, 100 Def, 85 Sp. Atk, 85 Sp. Def, and 55 Speed.

This is mainly to take proper advantage of Dunsparce's very handy, but annoying Ability, Serene Grace, while supporting it's diverse movepool at the same time.