Trevenant BREAK

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Do you think an M Alakazam EX/Trevenant Break deck would work?
Very much so. I proxied an initial deck using MAlakazam-Bats, but have been thinking that a Trevenant BREAK line would be a better starter for M Alakazam EX for several reasons beyond a T1 Item-lock..

poke4trade

Raising Ash
Mega Alakazam works really well with Hoopa/Wobuffet. You can also tech in absol. If you run the deck lean you can devolve with spray and use tool retriever to start shifting spirit links around. And then use Absol for finishing blows. Ya, if you pickup a good turn you can basically clear the board on the baby decks like - Gren, Gar, and NM. Unfortunately, the whole deck gets really shut down by lock decks. :0(

Asclepius24

Aspiring Trainer
While M Alakazam-EX and Trevenant BREAK have some obvious synergy, please remember that this thread is for discussion of competitive Trevenant BREAK variants. If you'd like to talk about some other ideas utilizing Trevenant BREAK, feel free to post them over in the Deck Garage :)

ToToLaw

Aspiring Trainer
how do you guys think about the reprint random receiver in Trevenant break deck? I think it helps T1 Wally, not sure it works better than battle compressor/vs seeker combo or not.

prophecy250

Aspiring Trainer
@ToToLaw : ive been planning a deck with acro bike and random receiver with 4 wally as the only supporter. too bad bicycle rotated out. I may use this concept for expanded though

Phoenix15

Playing Rogue Decks that Don't Do Well Since 2012
I'm going to take this deck to regionals. Right now, my deck is a straight net-deck of Aarom Tarbell's regionals winning list. However, I feel like I am not getting t1 Trevenant enough, and am rarely starting with a Phantump active. Do you think there are any changes that could be made to the list?
Thanks

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
I'm going to take this deck to regionals. Right now, my deck is a straight net-deck of Aarom Tarbell's regionals winning list. However, I feel like I am not getting t1 Trevenant enough, and am rarely starting with a Phantump active. Do you think there are any changes that could be made to the list?
Thanks
I'm sure Mr. Tarbell's list is solid, but he made that deck list for himself, did not control the match-ups he had, etc.... I'd suggest you make a solid list for yourself, test it, tweak it as needed, and prepare yourself your your upcoming tournament.

I'd suggest you post your list in the Deck Garage and let other players view it for comments. I personally run a few cards (Level Ball and Brigette) to significantly increase my chances of getting a Phantump into play T1,; but your deck could have other "consistency" issues.

camohunter19

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
@Phoenix15 : thats why i played phantump as my only basic. Im guaranteed to start with phantump and have a very high chance to T1 trev.

I've been playing phantump as my only basic as well, and it's been working pretty well. The only time it is hard to get that turn 1 lock is just bad cards being in my hand to begin with and not being able to Wally that turn because of needing to draw more cards.

ajbroski

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
how do you guys think about the reprint random receiver in Trevenant break deck? I think it helps T1 Wally, not sure it works better than battle compressor/vs seeker combo or not.
More outs to hit T1 wally. It's worked fine in my testing so far and I'm leaning towards playing it in standard tournaments when Fates Collide becomes standard.

ToToLaw

Aspiring Trainer
More outs to hit T1 wally. It's worked fine in my testing so far and I'm leaning towards playing it in standard tournaments when Fates Collide becomes standard.

May i ask, how many random receiver and how many Wally do you play?

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
I've been playing a solid list, and I feel Random Receiver wouldn't work. You already play 4 Trainers' Mail, and 4 Seekers, and 1-2 Compressors. I feel as tight as space is, it really wouldn't be worth it. How does this play against speed Darkrai? Nobody in my area plays it, so I suppose that's the one matchup that would be 50-50-ish.

ToToLaw

Aspiring Trainer
I've been playing a solid list, and I feel Random Receiver wouldn't work. You already play 4 Trainers' Mail, and 4 Seekers, and 1-2 Compressors. I feel as tight as space is, it really wouldn't be worth it. How does this play against speed Darkrai? Nobody in my area plays it, so I suppose that's the one matchup that would be 50-50-ish.

If i add random receiver, i may take out battle compressor. But i didn't test that a lot, so maybe battle compressor is better. also, in certain matchup, an early compressor to discard supporter and junk cards (e.g. weakness policy in non dark match up, head ringer in greninja match up) increase consistency.

for speed darkrai match up, if we can able to go first and T1 Wally, then all the compressor/oblivion wing and max elixir acceleration will not work. then it all depnds whether darkrai play start with a baby yveltal with dark energy or not. If yes we may expect a Trevenant break goes down in T3

Phoenix15

Playing Rogue Decks that Don't Do Well Since 2012
With yveltal running rapid in regionals, I'm thinking of adding weakness policy and taking out bursting balloon.
Have people seen success against yveltal with weakness policy?

PlinfaTheBest

Plinfa means Piplup in German!
Which Trevenant variant does best in Standard? So far, I have seen four different options:
-with Battle Compressor and Speed to reach the T1 Wally as often as possible
-with Hammers for more disruption
-with some support Pokémon (Aegislash, Gengar EX etc.) to have a higher damage output
-with Weakness Policy to have a better matchup against Dark decks
I don't know which one is the best because all of them have their advantages, but I think the first one (T1 Wally) is best for me to counter a Night March/Greninja meta. What do you guys think? Also, is the Trevenant BKP worth a spot or should you stay with 4 Trevenant XY?

ajbroski

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
What do you guys think? Also, is the Trevenant BKP worth a spot or should you stay with 4 Trevenant XY?
It all really comes down to personal preference and your local meta game.

I'd argue hammers/weakness policy is the best variation. It functions better in majority of matchups vs the other variations. Unfortunately it struggles with the mirror a little.

And I personally say run the BKT tree as a tech card. It gets used way more often in way more situations than you'd think. Especially in the hammer variation of the deck. It's a phenomenal end game card if they've broken item lock enough to completely set up.

ToToLaw

Aspiring Trainer
when will you ever use Trevenant BKP? against basic decks like night march or Yveltal, you still want to item lock them majority of time, and against deck like Vespiquen and Greninja, it is more a hinderance. so i did say straight 4 Trevenant XY.

for the variants, burst balloon with 1-2 weakness policy version have more success in states and national, most deck run at least 2 battle compressors too for T1 Wally, and discard useless items (weakness policy, head ringer) in certain match up. i am not sure about the hammer version, but against YZG baby Yveltal probably laughs at those hammers. Against night march, burst balloon backfire KO Joltik or Pumpkaboo anyway, so why hammer their energy?