Discussion Spring Regionals Decks

NintendoAlian

Frontier Brain
One problem, garb shuts off marowak so that won't work, but good idea.
I like a 2-2 of each. You set up Marowak against Toad or if you can't get a tool on Trubbish against Trev/Plume. You set up Garb in any other matchup that it's relevant in. I haven't tested this yet so it might be clunky, but I think that Marowak and TRH are really good in this deck, espcially when you can Junk Hunt for VS Seeker for TRH.

Latte1504

Aspiring Trainer
I like a 2-2 of each. You set up Marowak against Toad or if you can't get a tool on Trubbish against Trev/Plume. You set up Garb in any other matchup that it's relevant in. I haven't tested this yet so it might be clunky, but I think that Marowak and TRH are really good in this deck, espcially when you can Junk Hunt for VS Seeker for TRH
This sounds clunky... Also, Marowak only shuts off attacks, not abilities. So, plume and trees will still have effect.

smashandslash2

Aspiring Trainer
My question is is it okay to play Wobbuffet/Bats at regionals?
:confused:
No, that deck is too clunky. Run Toad/Bats or Manectric/Bats if you're going to run any kind of Bats deck. Wobbuffet/Bats is to clunky.

By the way, does anybody think Night March, Trevenant and/or Raikou/Eels will make a big showing?

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head
By the way, does anybody think Night March, Trevenant and/or Raikou/Eels will make a big showing?
Trev and Raikou will definitely show up week one. I doubt Trev will actually perform that well due to the terrible matchup against the BDIF in Expanded (Dark).

BlaineistheBest

Life's short; play Pokemon
Trev and Raikou will definitely show up week one. I doubt Trev will actually perform that well due to the terrible matchup against the BDIF in Expanded (Dark).

Dark is not BDIF. If it was, it would have won a regional back in week 3 of winter regs. Trev and Groudon will be played, though I don't know what numbers. Yveltal and Rayquaza are also threats. If I was going, I'd play either trevenant or raikou eels.

NintendoAlian

Frontier Brain
Did it place well at FL or OR?
Well, Generations wasn't legal during week 3, so you can't use purely results to determine what's going to do well. Vesiquen gets Revitalizer and Mega Ray and Eels get Jolteon so the meta could change. For example, Turbo Dark get's bodied by Jolteon because they don't have an answer other than Escape Rope than Lysandre.

BlaineistheBest

Life's short; play Pokemon
Well, Generations wasn't legal during week 3, so you can't use purely results to determine what's going to do well. Vesiquen gets Revitalizer and Mega Ray and Eels get Jolteon so the meta could change. For example, Turbo Dark get's bodied by Jolteon because they don't have an answer other than Escape Rope than Lysandre.

In that scenario, I'd then recommend testing.

Phoenix15

Playing Rogue Decks that Don't Do Well Since 2012
Is Trevenant break a good play?
Or will there be too much dark for it to handle?
Also, does it seem likely night March will be a big presence?

I'm going to Massachusetts, and have no idea what the meta game is

SirKnight

Securing the win
Will Fates Collide be playable at Seatle Regionals?
Sadly nope, Fates Collide comes out on the 2nd of may, while Seattle Regionals is on the 14, and I think you can't play cards from a set till they have been out for about three weeks.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Is Trevenant break a good play?
Or will there be too much dark for it to handle?
Also, does it seem likely night March will be a big presence?

I'm going to Massachusetts, and have no idea what the meta game is
Trevenant is definitely 1 of the 3 decks I'm considering playing at the upcoming Regional tournament, because I do think it is a good play. However, I do respect the Dark deck my Poké pals (top quality players) most likely will run; so, I been testing 2 particular techs for that particular match-up. My games against them are no longer an auto-loss as they were a few weeks ago.

IMO, players running Night March decks will again be well represented at all Regional tournaments.

Last edited:

Scourge188

Aspiring Trainer
In the Expanded format, one of my all-time favorite Pokémon can be used: Landorus EX. This Pokémon is still one of the best attackers and very versatile. It does have a heavy Retreat Cost (CCC); so, should you plan to have ways to get it out of the Active position as needed.

Amongst those particular 3 decks, Garchomp has definite advantages over the other 2...

I beg to disagree, Trev shuts that deck down hard. I piloted the deck at IL states with a 4-2-1 record and trees were the only 2 loses I took. The rare candy is so vital to the deck and the turn one Trev is devasting and yeah not to mention archeops all over

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
I beg to disagree, Trev shuts that deck down hard. I piloted the deck at IL states with a 4-2-1 record and trees were the only 2 loses I took. The rare candy is so vital to the deck and the turn one Trev is devasting and yeah not to mention archeops all over
I also played Garchomp at the WI State and missed the T8 by a misplay I made in my last Swiss match... My 'Chomp deck may be quite different than yours, but I had little issues with Trees and their Item-lock - I planned for it.

I too played at IL State, but don't recognize your user name - maybe we should share some ideas... PM me if you'd like to further discuss. Thanks.

Phoenix15

Playing Rogue Decks that Don't Do Well Since 2012
testing 2 particular techs
I'm guessing you wouldn't like to divulge what those two techs are?

I'm wondering about how to combat dark with Trevenant. I love the deck, but not the basically automatic loss...