Winners of PokeBeach’s April Community Blog Contest!

We have a former first place winner winning again and another former first place winner getting second.

If anyone wants to join in the competition - let me make it clear that the current state of events isn't because these two writers are so professional that they can easily dominate any competition, no - quite the opposite - they don't have much of a competition! There were only 6 entries for the entire month of April.

I'm not even that much of a writer. English class actually is my most hated of classes (ugh, and the AP test is coming up soon...). Yet, you'll be surprised how smoothly writing can go if you believe what you are writing in and if you are having fun with it.

And seriously, This many packs at stake? What could go wrong?

This isn't any super-pro Pokebeach "PREMIUM ARTICLE" contest - no, this is a BLOG contest. You don't have to be some sort of no-life metagamer who travels across the country to attend every tournament they can; you just need to have to present some piece of information that is valuable and fun to read. It doesn't even have to be sheer fact or experience, even opinions and predictions on cards can get you far (if you present at least a valid argument)

So what are you waiting for? Why are you holding back Pokebeach? Try something new and write a blog entry!

Last edited:
One thing I'm noticing: All the blog articles I've been seeing here are about the TCG. What about the other areas or Pokemon? I'm personally thinking of doing an article on a phenomenon in the Main Series games next...

I don't think rewards alone attract more writers to write. I know I'm not writing here for the packs - I probably wouldn't accept them anyways. I like writing here because it's a place to have my article on the front page for people to discuss my thoughts about Pokemon, the TCG and such.

I don't know why the blog turnout is so low here... Maybe most here prefer to be readers than writers, and when they discuss things, a basic old forum-style thread-strater works fine. Perhaps the top blog writers have become so good that they're intimidating other people from coming, thinking few would take what they have to say seriously. Or maybe the importance of the TCG here in this site is discouraging other Pokemon topics from being written - and limiting part of the fanbase from writing... (These are just speculatory ideas, by the way.)

Please, forum members... If you're not writing a blog article here, even though you have the powers and ideas to, why not? And what would entice you all to do so?

Last edited:
Back