• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard M Aggron EX/Dialga EX

BlazingZekrom

dragon artist :v
I am wondering how aggron would do in standard...I made a mega aggron deck for fun but I was wondering how well it would do. Well, here is my list;

Pokemon 16
  • 2 Aggron Ex
  • 2 Mega Aggron Ex
  • 1 Aegislash Ex
  • 2 Dialga Ex
  • 1 Genesect ex (yep, Fates Collide)
  • 1 Hoopa Ex
  • 1 Heatran
  • 3 Bronzor
  • 3 Bronzong

Support 32
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 1 Muscle Band
  • 2 Profossor's Letter
  • 1 Switch
  • 2 Aggron Spirit Link
  • 2 Trainers' Mail
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 1 Max Potion
  • 1 Mountain Ring
  • 1 Steel Shelter
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 1 Fan Club
  • 1 AZ
  • 3 Shauna
  • 2 N

Energy 12
  • 8 Metal Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy

Aggron is a pretty good attacker, but his mega is insane. Mega aggron can hit 240 damage, that could knock anything out besides a warlord (don't see those anymore :p). Besides the fact its a coin flip that can damage our bench, which the mountain ring shields us against. Or the steel shelter that stops Ariados is good, too. Aegislash as you know stops special energy leaving giratina decks not even touching you (besides toad). Heatran stops safeguard. I'm not sure about genesect, but he could be doing 160 from discarding 2 metal energies and a muscle band, use his ability to take back the band and put on a float stone and use bronzing to put the energies back on. Maybe not as good as tyrantrum, but I could see a deck for him and maybe he could fit in this deck. He is definitely optional. DCE is needed in the deck, and AZ fits in by getting metal in the discard and saving some prize cards. Hex can stop annoying abilities (might put in 2). This deck may be weak against Night March hehe..

I am new, but can anyone critique this for me? I think aggron is underrated and could be worth trying, thanks in advance c:

i don't play steel decks very often (more a dark player myself) but IMO it doesn't seem like you really need the fan club with all the searching you already have, or the max potion due to the high energy costs of most of your pokemon. i also feel 2 letter and 2 compressor is a bit much with only 8 steel energy, so i'd only do one or the other.

changes i'd make
-1 fan
-1 max
-2 letter OR compressor

+2 fighting fury belt (most of your pokemon, besides mega aggron and bronzong, are basic)
+1 switch
+1 muscle band (mainly so you see it a bit more often)

over all i think your going in the right direction with this deck, so a few tweaks are needed.

Back