Blog The Great Know-It-All: Ways to Utilize Mew from Fates Collide

Great article! I think the most competitive idea you mentioned is that of using baby mew to make the inclusion of Latios more viable. I also love the idea of a "doomsday" Mew: RS Jirachi is a fantastic card that just never had a chance... Here's hoping that Mew changes that.

I'm wondering what people think of Mew/Jolteon-EX/Glaceon-EX.

As a lockdown deck, you'd use the corresponding EX's attack to make Mew invincible during the opponent's turn (Jolteon for basics and Glaceon for evolutions). Dimension Valley cuts the attack costs down to two energy. Shaymin-EX can provide draw and Hoopa-EX grabs the Eeveelutions and Shaymin.

Ability lock stops Mew, but you've still got Jolteon and Glaceon in reserve who are respectable attackers in their own right. Lysandre also breaks the lock, so the strategy isn't fullproof. But it seems kinda cool.

Jolteon/Glaceon sounds clever - one Lightning and one Water Energy and Dimension Valley could make it work as a part of a M Manectric combo. But as you said... Lysandre does ruin it quite a bit. Plus, at 50 HP, the card is still highly prone to getting knocked out, particularly by Ability-based damagers like Greninjas and Bats, which the moves just cannot block.

Despite that, I do encourage you to test it out on release day.

I'm wondering what people think of Mew/Jolteon-EX/Glaceon-EX.

As a lockdown deck, you'd use the corresponding EX's attack to make Mew invincible during the opponent's turn (Jolteon for basics and Glaceon for evolutions). Dimension Valley cuts the attack costs down to two energy. Shaymin-EX can provide draw and Hoopa-EX grabs the Eeveelutions and Shaymin.

Ability lock stops Mew, but you've still got Jolteon and Glaceon in reserve who are respectable attackers in their own right. Lysandre also breaks the lock, so the strategy isn't fullproof. But it seems kinda cool.

I think this will be a better deck than trainers are giving credit to right now. Mainly because it will shut down single decks that don't diversify their pokemon. I think it will catch a lot of trainers off guard. Plus you can play it Max Elixir/DCE and forgo the DM Valley all together for rough seas. That way they just knock out Mews. :0)

Back