Discussion Bunnelby PLC + Basic Energy VS. Puzzle of Time in NM

Micajah

Mewtwo is the best...don't lie to yourself
Puzzle of time has been featured in Night March decks since the second it came out. However, I sometimes find it a little inconsistent to have two in hand and to play both at the same time. It happens sometimes but not as often as I like. Also if giritina EX used chaos wheel when you only play 4 DCE, it could completely lock you out. So with the new Mew coming in fates collide, I was thinking it may be viable to play basic energy again. In that case you could play the Trait Bunnelby to use rototiller to simply shuffle the DCE into your deck.

Thoughts? Is this just one of my dumb ideas? Or can it have some hope?

Maybe you're onto something. I could see it working in a build with Mew as you mentioned. But to be honest, I think playing without Mew will still be a considerable (and in my opinion better) option.

If you run Mew, you don't need to run basic energy. You can use dimension valley to copy Bunnelby's attacks for free.
I don't think though that you need to run bunnelby though. You mention that the deck has trouble getting two into the hand at the same time, but I disagree. The deck runs 4 Trainer's Mail, 3 Shaymin, 4 Battle Compressor, 4 Ultra, etc. You can thin your deck down very easily to get both in hand if needed. I generally get 1 off in a game, both in every 7ish games. Very rarely does it not happen where I don't need to hit both IMHO.

Back