• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Primal Kyogre/Goldduck BREAK

CRHalby

Aspiring Trainer
Hello! I've been recently testing the waters (No pun intended) with this deck, and have found it to be good against many other popular decks. I'm looking for critical feedback on it. Thanks! Note: Some cards in this list aren't standard yet, but are coming in Fates Collide!

Pokemon: 12

• 3 Kyogre EX - PRC
  • 3 P Kyogre EX - PRC
  • 1 Regice - AOR
  • 1 Psyduck - BKP
  • 1 Golduck - BKP
  • 1 Golduck BREAK - BKP
  • 1 Manaphy EX - BKP
  • 1 Shaymin EX - ROS
Supporters/Trainers/Stadiums: 35
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Shauna
  • 1 N
  • 1 Tierno
  • 1 Fisherman
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 AZ
  • 4 Dive Ball
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Max Elixir
  • 2 Max Potion
  • 2 Kyogre Spirit Link
  • 1 Random Receiver
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 1 Trainers' Mail
  • 1 Mega Turbo
  • 1 Switch
  • 1 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Rough Seas
Energy: 13
  • 12 Water Energy
  • 1 Splash Energy
Strategy:

The basic strategy behind this deck is using Primal Kyogre as the main attacker, and getting him built up as fast as possible through Max Elixirs, and his ancient trait where he can attach two energy instead of one. If you encounter a deck that is EX heavy, then you can use Regice to shut your opponents deck down. I run Golduck BREAK because after using a Tidal Storm attack, you have to move two water energy to a benched Pokemon. This way, when you do this action, you can just move it right back onto the primal for another Tidal Storm. Or, you can use move all the energy off the main attacker and use a Max Potion, and move them all back on. This deck has done well against Mill decks, since you can attach two instead of 1 energy. It has also seen good results from Trevanant decks. Once again, I am looking for feedback on this deck. Be as critical as you want, thanks!

Okay,I was also going to build this with Fates Collide. Completely drop Golduck altogether, and play maybe Switch. Play 2-2 Octillary, rather than Shaymins. Here's the pokemon lineup I feel like should be used:
Pokemon:
3 Kyogre-Ex
3 Primal Kyogre Ex
2 Glaceon Ex
2 Regice
2 Remoraid
2 Octillary
1 Manaphy Ex

Okay,I was also going to build this with Fates Collide. Completely drop Golduck altogether, and play maybe Switch. Play 2-2 Octillary, rather than Shaymins. Here's the pokemon lineup I feel like should be used:
Pokemon:
3 Kyogre-Ex
3 Primal Kyogre Ex
2 Glaceon Ex
2 Regice
2 Remoraid
2 Octillary
1 Manaphy Ex

Right, this helped. One small thing, wouldn't it be better to run 1 glaceon?

Try the new trainer. Energy reset. It let's you grab energy from your bench to recharge kyogre if need be.

Though if you can fit it. A 2-2 lopunny with big jump can allow the same kyogre to attack continuously.

Back