Discussion Spring Regionals Decks

Gible06

Aspiring Trainer
Will Fates Collide be playable at Seatle Regionals?

No, sorry. I wish it was.

I am desperate here. Seattle regionals is almost here, and I cannot find a good deck. I have the cards and the means of making almost any decks but just no inspiration. I really need help, and I'm starting to freak out. I'm worried why I'm freaking out. I literally can't sleep, and when I do, all I dream about is choosing decks! I have a problem and need help!: eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Gible06

Aspiring Trainer
Every time a new set is released you must wait about 3 weeks until the set is legal.

Is seismitoad and giratina ex going to be a good play?

Last edited by a moderator:

dbussert

Aspiring Trainer
Yes, IMO. I was 1 turn away (misplay on my part) from making the Top 8 at the WI State tournament. deck gets better in Expanded format.

Wally can be used to evolve as an alternative.

Any recommendations to make it better in Expanded? I've only ever played mine in Standard and have no expanded fighting experience

Latte1504

Aspiring Trainer
Any recommendations to make it better in Expanded? I've only ever played mine in Standard and have no expanded fighting experience
As a Yveltal/Maxie's pilot, definitely put in Hex, Wally, and possibly Wobuffet to stop Archeops.

Gible06

Aspiring Trainer
What would you guys recommend as a for Seattle regionals out of these; Breakpoint garchomp/lucario, seismitoad/giratina, or speed darkrai?
All help appreciated, these are the main decks I'm considering but there is a better option the by all means tell me!

zaratath

Aspiring Trainer
What would you guys recommend as a for Seattle regionals out of these; Breakpoint garchomp/lucario, seismitoad/giratina, or speed darkrai?
All help appreciated, these are the main decks I'm considering but there is a better option the by all means tell me!

I Think Vespi/Plume might be a good play...

zaratath

Aspiring Trainer

Out of those three i'd go speed darkrai.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
In the Expanded format, one of my all-time favorite Pokémon can be used: Landorus EX. This Pokémon is still one of the best attackers and very versatile. It does have a heavy Retreat Cost (CCC); so, should you plan to have ways to get it out of the Active position as needed.

Amongst those particular 3 decks, Garchomp has definite advantages over the other 2...

smashandslash2

Aspiring Trainer
No, sorry. I wish it was.

I am desperate here. Seattle regionals is almost here, and I cannot find a good deck. I have the cards and the means of making almost any decks but just no inspiration. I really need help, and I'm starting to freak out. I'm worried why I'm freaking out. I literally can't sleep, and when I do, all I dream about is choosing decks! I have a problem and need help!: eek:
Expect some Yveltal, Groudon, Trev and Raikou/Eels to be the most played. Night March and Toad/Tina along with other such stuff will probably see a decent amount of play, along with the occasional overconfident Sableye/Garbodor. But I think that's around it.

Seth

Aspiring Trainer
I am thinking about playing Accelgore/Wobbuffet. It has pretty decent match ups against almost everything. Trevenant and Virizion/Genesect can be a struggle, but everything else is positive. I run Dusknoir (BCR) and Musharna (NXT) to help as well. My overall record with this deck is 44-9. I am definitely considering this deck for regionals. If you would like to play it as well, I can give you some tips from my experience. I got t32 at Virginia regionals with it as well.

NintendoAlian

Frontier Brain
For Massachusetts, which includes Fates Collide, I've been thinking about Sableye. It gets a lot in the new set, like Marowak to stop Toad(Hex/Garb shuts off Trev and Plume) and Team Rocket's Handiwork as a way to mill you opponent faster and discard crucial cards. Toad/Garb and Alakazam's sniping can be problems though.

Gible06

Aspiring Trainer
For Massachusetts, which includes Fates Collide, I've been thinking about Sableye. It gets a lot in the new set, like Marowak to stop Toad(Hex/Garb shuts off Trev and Plume) and Team Rocket's Handiwork as a way to mill you opponent faster and discard crucial cards. Toad/Garb and Alakazam's sniping can be problems though.
One problem, garb shuts off marowak so that won't work, but good idea.