• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Glaceon-EX / Jolteon-EX

I don't know, I guess it depends on the match ups. But in my odd sense of thinking, for tournament play, I'd say there is a high probability that you would hit Trev. or Night March, so you can probably roll with 2 DM Valleys and one Rough.

For me though, I might run it with basic energies like 3 lightning, 3 water, 4 DCE. And tech in a carbink - The one with ability to protect your basic energies. After playing dragons as much as I have, Jerchi promo and E hammers can stick it to you sometimes. Puzzle of Time is great, but sometimes the stars don't align for it, and it is absolutely worthless when item locked....grrr. I might have missed it, but if your playing mew, I'd run teammates.

Yes. Weather it is flipped with Maxies or Archies, or just evolves naturally, or is evolved to a mega, or is broken into, which is considered evolving, the way the card reads is evolution's so the cards attack will block anything that is considered evolution's. It is how the professors explained it to me, though I thought at least the breaks from a basic could hit it. Apparently, only basics or restored can hit the pokemon. Good Card.

However, the only evolved cards that can hit the pokemon, are ones in the effect of the attack read put or move. From what I'm understanding from the professors, for example, is that silent fear can still hit glaceon, but tree slam cannot. It is why many professors don't believe the format will change much.

Please correct if I'm wrong, I'm just throwing up recycled information.

Rough seas would be good in the deck. Maybe?
That is why I ran only water and lightning Pokemon. Trevenant Break would be useless against a Water-Lightning team with Rough Seas.

That is why I ran only water and lightning Pokemon. Trevenant Break would be useless against a Water-Lightning team with Rough Seas.

Yes, I agree. Because of its reliance on DM Valley, and no auqua base, I could see that formula working. :0) Joleteon has free retreat.

Raichu can technically fit into any deck with DCE. But Umbreon-EX needs Darkness Energy, which if drawn into wouldn't help except when Umbreon is out. But if it isn't ready it'll be a sitting duck, and Lysandre bait. Umbreon-EX won't be needed
I see where you stand here. But Raichu just doesn't work. The most it hits for is 120. The most you will get is 2 prizes. This deck is supposed to be a lock right? Why would you break it to do 120? Now I know what you're going to ask-Then why would you break the lock with Umbreon? The answer is simple-for an effortless 4 prizes. Now I see why it doesn't fit here, being weak to fighting (Umbreon). But a 2-2 line of Raichu to counter just 1 card? Really? Sure it's a pain but you can just mill them out by neither being able to attack the other until you hit a Hex Maniac.

I only ran Raichu as a Back-Up attacker in case I needed more damage. Umbreon-EX still needs a few turns to set up, but Raichu is up in one. It also has free retreat. It was only a last resort/backup attacker. Hawlucha only does 60 to a certain type of cards, but it is still ran as a pivot/backup attacker with free retreat.

I only ran Raichu as a Back-Up attacker in case I needed more damage. Umbreon-EX still needs a few turns to set up, but Raichu is up in one. It also has free retreat. It was only a last resort/backup attacker. Hawlucha only does 60 to a certain type of cards, but it is still ran as a pivot/backup attacker with free retreat.
But the thing is-as long as a lock is up, you don't need more damage.

As a lock up, I wouldn't want extra prizes while breaking the lock.
That's not what I'm saying. I included Umbreon because let's say you have 4 prizes left. Lysandre up a battered Mega and win. That is the whole reason I suggested it. Make sense? Raichu just does not work in this deck. It has no purpose other than to counter a single card which can be beat by a single supporter.

The Eevee evolutions with mew work great with the focus on max elixir and then attach a double running a smeargle on the bench lets you attack with which ever Eevee evolution you want. I would drop to one stadium of choice and run delinquent.

So, for the concept of Jolteon Glaceon, Mew is the best way to pull it out? Can Umbreon fit the deck? Or is there a better skeleton for the deck, something like MegaMan or running the eeveelution by themeselves
And how this list looks
ac3deeb751f6479c95168bb90ffbc1da.jpg

You could add 2 Mew from Fates Collides, as shown in the japanese comercial. That way, you have another non-EX attacker and another type to damage for weakness

The problem with Mew in a deck like this is they just Lysandre up the Jolteon or Glaceon with no energy and can attack it and either damage it or KO it for 2 prize cards. The effects of each Pokemon will only apply to Mew if mew uses it, which is useless when you can Lysandre for 2 prize cards vs 1 by KO'ing mew.

The problem with Mew in a deck like this is they just Lysandre up the Jolteon or Glaceon with no energy and can attack it and either damage it or KO it for 2 prize cards. The effects of each Pokemon will only apply to Mew if mew uses it, which is useless when you can Lysandre for 2 prize cards vs 1 by KO'ing mew.
I think decks like these will just encourage Lysandre to be a consistent 2-of in decks.

Im working on a list like this that runs M manectric and Raikou as well for some ramp and a good non e attacker

Jolteon-EX does have free retreat, but Glaceon-EX doesn't. So you may want to conisder Float Stone for free retreat.

That's not what I'm saying. I included Umbreon because let's say you have 4 prizes left. Lysandre up a battered Mega and win. That is the whole reason I suggested it. Make sense? Raichu just does not work in this deck. It has no purpose other than to counter a single card which can be beat by a single supporter.
If there are no Megas on the battlefield or in the game, its COMPLETLY useless. Also, Megas are uncommon. At least Raichu does damage no matter what and is useful. If there are no Megas, then Umbreon-EX is a waste of space and energy.

A 1 of is never a waste when it becomes a situational play, but in the case of Umbreon, I feel any good pokemon play is smart enough to see what you're going to try to do and OHKO it the turn it comes out. Also, Mega's are not uncommon. M Ray is a very popular deck right now and I wouldn't be surprized if you see M Scizor or M Sceptile coming out more in the near future. Endgame attack is a joke attack to be honest unless you play someone that has no idea what you're trying to do. I dont see this card seeing much play. The only benefit to Umbreon is it's first attack in the event you're item locked. This is a way to do damage and get around item locking decks.

Back