• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Fates Collide deck: Genesect Bronzong.

TheLunaticHypno

Just your average Hypno fan
Hey Beachers! How's it going? I've been thinking about which new cards would be fun to play from Fates Collide, and the Genesect EX looks really good, art wise and playability wise. But here is my list
Pokemon-11
  • 3 Genesect-EX
  • 3 Bronzor
  • 3 Bronzong
  • 1 Bronzong BREAK
  • 1 Aegislash-EX
Trainers- 38
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 N
  • 2 pokemon fan club
  • 3 Skyla
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Reverse Valley
  • 4 VS Seker
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 1 super rod
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 2 fighting fury belt
Energy-9
  • 9 Metal Energy
Empty Spaces-2

Strategy-

So the strategy for the deck is to start with either a Genesect or an Aegislash, and use Brigitte to get out Bronzors and attatch energies every turn and additional energies using metal Links. I really like the ability on Genesect, so we run a wide variety of tools. The muscle band are for the added damage, the assault vest are for marchers, Queen, and toad. I like the float stone ALOT because you can use its attack to swing for 180 with muscle band and discard 3 energies, kill an ex, and use drive change to put a float stone on it. Next turn you use metal links to get back the three energies with the three Bronzong, retreat the active genesect, and swing for 180 on the new genesect. Drive change only puts the tool in your hand, so toad still blocks your use of items. I was thinking about adding some Jirachi, but since aegislash has special energy immunity I don't think it's necessary. There isn't much toad in my local area, so I'm not worrying about it too much right now. If anyone has a solution to toad I would be happy to hear it, along with any other criticism. I like this card a lot and I really want it to work. Thanks!

Edited on 4/30/16: I took out the super rod, and the birch, for two random receivers. I totally forgot about this card getting a reprint, and thought it would be a nice little addition to this deck. I dont think that the birch is much of a need, because we have so many supporters and items to get what we need. For example, we have trainer mail, to get out the tools, and balls, and, the new inclusion of random receiver to get a supporter. I will test this deck next week, so I will update it then, if I dont think of anything in the mean time.

Edited on 5/2/16: In testing, I didn't use aegislash that much, so i took out one for a Bronzong BREAK. its really good for sniping the bench on things like combees, or marchers. i added the Pokemon fan club, instead of Bridgette, so that if you start with a bronzor, you can get out a genesect AND another Pokemon. I added the super rod like Hitmonlee22 said, because if a bronzong line goes out, we need to get it back. I took out the two assault vest, because we have the aegislash to block the special energy. Im still deciding to put for them though, so let me know what I should put, or I should put them back

Last edited:

TheLunaticHypno

2 what? Also, a Fighting Fury Belt or two might help here, as well as a couple of Max Elixir and an Energy Recycler. The rest looks awesome! Hope this helped.
Thx for the reply! I added up all of the trainers and they equal 40, so I must have forgotten to delete it. I might take out an assault vest and a muscle band for two fighting fury belts, depending on what I think is needed after I test it a bit. But I think that with the 180 hp in genesect, Aegislash and assault vest to deal with the hard hitting dce users (queen and marchers) we should be fine. I haven't tested this list yet, but I will change it when I've had a chance to test it a little bit. I might want to put in 2 Bronzong BREAK, instead of the Aegislash, because of it only giving up one prize, but I really like the special energy immunity on Aegislash, so we will have to see what works out best. Thanks for the help :D

awesomeMSG

Just a guy who wants to master Greninja BREAK
3 Assault Vest seems excessive. Also, why not Bronzong Break. Once Genesect is knocked out you could be powering up Bronzong Break for finishing the game. Bronzong Break would also help against the nightmarch matchup getting all of the benched Shaymins and Nightmarchers (go for the night marchers before shaymins so they have no attackers left. Then go for Shaymins and Jirachis if any damage left.) I have been testing Genesect and found it is quite clunky so what about more draw cards? What about FFB. Would be a nice addition for high-damage hitters. having 220hp and doing high attacks is good. And with Cassette Change, you can keep switching the tools to the tool you need.

Gabking5458

2016 MA TCG Senior Division Regional Champion!
Thx for the reply! I added up all of the trainers and they equal 40, so I must have forgotten to delete it. I might take out an assault vest and a muscle band for two fighting fury belts, depending on what I think is needed after I test it a bit. But I think that with the 180 hp in genesect, Aegislash and assault vest to deal with the hard hitting dce users (queen and marchers) we should be fine. I haven't tested this list yet, but I will change it when I've had a chance to test it a little bit. I might want to put in 2 Bronzong BREAK, instead of the Aegislash, because of it only giving up one prize, but I really like the special energy immunity on Aegislash, so we will have to see what works out best. Thanks for the help :D
Don't take out Aegislash-EX. It autowins against one of the best decks right now (Vespiquen/Vileplume) and still is a huge pain for other decks to deal with.

TheLunaticHypno

3 Assault Vest seems excessive. Also, why not Bronzong Break. Once Genesect is knocked out you could be powering up Bronzong Break for finishing the game. Bronzong Break would also help against the nightmarch matchup getting all of the benched Shaymins and Nightmarchers (go for the night marchers before shaymins so they have no attackers left. Then go for Shaymins and Jirachis if any damage left.) I have been testing Genesect and found it is quite clunky so what about more draw cards? What about FFB. Would be a nice addition for high-damage hitters. having 220hp and doing high attacks is good. And with Cassette Change, you can keep switching the tools to the tool you need.
The reason I didn't put Bronzong BREAK is because, like gabking5458 said, the ability is necessary to w in N against the DCE users. Genesect also deals enough damage that I don't think a bench hitter is necessary, but just will test it to see what else is needed. Thanks for the replies!

EDIT: ive been testing, and i think that bronzong break would be a good addition, because from what ive experienced, it has a slow set up. i was thinking of scrapping the aegislash, because we do already have the vest, and the decks that deal high damage that use special energy (queen and march) have low hp, so it might be nice to snipe the combees, and joltiks, for easy prizes. i am also thinking about putting pokemon center lady, because we have no way to heal. let me know what you think.

Last edited:

hitmonlee22

I need Mega Kingdra. NOW.
The reason I didn't put Bronzong BREAK is because, like gabking5458 said, the ability is necessary to w in N against the DCE users. Genesect also deals enough damage that I don't think a bench hitter is necessary, but just will test it to see what else is needed. Thanks for the replies!

EDIT: ive been testing, and i think that bronzong break would be a good addition, because from what ive experienced, it has a slow set up. i was thinking of scrapping the aegislash, because we do already have the vest, and the decks that deal high damage that use special energy (queen and march) have low hp, so it might be nice to snipe the combees, and joltiks, for easy prizes. i am also thinking about putting pokemon center lady, because we have no way to heal. let me know what you think.
I say replace 1 of the Aegislash-EX with a Bronzong BREAK. I'm not terribly sure on the Pokemon Center Lady though.....you should see how it works out during testing. Also, you should have kept the Super Rod IMO.

TheLunaticHypno

I say replace 1 of the Aegislash-EX with a Bronzong BREAK. I'm not terribly sure on the Pokemon Center Lady though.....you should see how it works out during testing. Also, you should have kept the Super Rod IMO.
I was testing some more yesterday, and here are the changes:
-1 Aegislash EX
-1 assault vest
-2 random receiver
-1 reverse valley
-2 brigette

+1 Bronzong BREAK
+1 skyla
+2 Pokemon fan club
+1 super rod
+2 fighting fury belt

smashandslash2

Aspiring Trainer
Hey Beachers! How's it going? I've been thinking about which new cards would be fun to play from Fates Collide, and the Genesect EX looks really good, art wise and playability wise. But here is my list
Pokemon-11
  • 3 Genesect-EX
  • 3 Bronzor
  • 3 Bronzong
  • 2 Aegislash-EX
Trainers- 40
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 N
  • 2 Bridgette
  • 2 Skyla
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 3 Reverse Valley
  • 4 VS Seker
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 2 Random Reviever
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 3 Assault Vest
Energy-9
  • 9 Metal Energy
Strategy-
So the strategy for the deck is to start with either a Genesect or an Aegislash, and use Brigitte to get out Bronzors and attatch energies every turn and additional energies using metal Links. I really like the ability on Genesect, so we run a wide variety of tools. The muscle band are for the added damage, the assault vest are for marchers, Queen, and toad. I like the float stone ALOT because you can use its attack to swing for 180 with muscle band and discard 3 energies, kill an ex, and use drive change to put a float stone on it. Next turn you use metal links to get back the three energies with the three Bronzong, retreat the active genesect, and swing for 180 on the new genesect. Drive change only puts the tool in your hand, so toad still blocks your use of items. I was thinking about adding some Jirachi, but since aegislash has special energy immunity I don't think it's necessary. There isn't much toad in my local area, so I'm not worrying about it too much right now. If anyone has a solution to toad I would be happy to hear it, along with any other criticism. I like this card a lot and I really want it to work. Thanks!

Edited on 4/30/16: I took out the super rod, and the birch, for two random recievers. I totally forgot about this card getting a reprint, and thought it would be a nice little addition to this deck. I dont think that the birch is much of a need, because we have so many supporters and items to get what we need. For example, we have trainer mail, to get out the tools, and balls, and, the new inclusion of random reciever to get a supporter. I will test this deck next week, so I will update it then, if I dont think of anything in the mean time.

Edited on 5/2/16: In testing, i didn't use aegislash that much, so i took out one for a bronzong BREAK. its really good for sniping the bench on things like combees, or marchers. i made some other changes and will update soon, but don't have the time now
Run a couple copies of Switch. Take out all the Assault Vests and put in 2 Switch and 1 AZ. If you're running 3 Level Ball and 3 Ultra Ball, you don't need Brigette. You don't need Skyla either. Run maybe 1-2 Max Potion, and swap out one Reverse Valley for a Steel Shelter in case Serperior becomes a thing. Max out on Trainer's Mail if you can. A Dialga EX from Phantom Forces would be nice too, because Chrono Wind seems really clutch in this format. I also would run a Jirachi Promo because otherwise you will get rolled by Night March. Bronzong BREAK can only do so much. Add in a 4th Bronzor too. If there's any space afterwards, just run a couple Acro Bikes for extra consistency.

Hope this helps!

TheLunaticHypno

Run a couple copies of Switch. Take out all the Assault Vests and put in 2 Switch and 1 AZ. If you're running 3 Level Ball and 3 Ultra Ball, you don't need Brigette. You don't need Skyla either. Run maybe 1-2 Max Potion, and swap out one Reverse Valley for a Steel Shelter in case Serperior becomes a thing. Max out on Trainer's Mail if you can. A Dialga EX from Phantom Forces would be nice too, because Chrono Wind seems really clutch in this format. I also would run a Jirachi Promo because otherwise you will get rolled by Night March. Bronzong BREAK can only do so much. Add in a 4th Bronzor too. If there's any space afterwards, just run a couple Acro Bikes for extra consistency.

Hope this helps!
I agree that the assault vest are not needed. In testing, I found out that I dont really need/use the assault vests. I REALLY dont think that switches are a need, because we run 3 float stone, but i will see in testing. The 3 skyla are a must, to get out the float stone in a tight spot, or a muscle band to dish out the needed extra damage.

NintendoAlian

Frontier Brain
I've been testing this also, and I love AZ. You pick up the tool, you discarded the energies from Genesect, now you can pick it up with almost not reason not to. Also, I've been testing one Cobalion-EX for Expanded because you're kinda stuck if you get Hexed. Scizor EX could replace it in standard. Personally, I play 4 Bronzor because it's so vulnerable. I think 3 Level Ball is a bit much, maybe 2. You can fill in the extra spot for another Trainer's Mail, to help get compressors. I've been testing for Expanded, but I like Elesa from LGT because it gets Float Stones and Fury Belts in one card. I think it should replace the Skyla. One Shaymin should be good because you want to save bench space, but Shaymin is just too good. Possible squeezing in one or two more Reverse Valley because between that, Fury Belt, Resistance, and Bronzong BREAK it makes Alakazam and Night March really good MUs. Pumpkaboo and Mew have to hit 250 to take a KO, which is all Night Marchers, Fury Belt, and Giovanni's, and Joltik has to hit 230 and Bronzong BREAK is really good for hitting them. Also, one Hex for Carbink it a consiteration, since the only other answer to Carbink is Bronzong. Basically, you use all your abilities then you Hex and attack. I'm really interested in this deck and it's going to be the first deck I test once I start testing for Massachusetts Regionals. Hope this helps. Any feedback on my suggestions would be wonderful :D

TheLunaticHypno

I've been testing this also, and I love AZ. You pick up the tool, you discarded the energies from Genesect, now you can pick it up with almost not reason not to. Also, I've been testing one Cobalion-EX for Expanded because you're kinda stuck if you get Hexed. Scizor EX could replace it in standard. Personally, I play 4 Bronzor because it's so vulnerable. I think 3 Level Ball is a bit much, maybe 2. You can fill in the extra spot for another Trainer's Mail, to help get compressors. I've been testing for Expanded, but I like Elesa from LGT because it gets Float Stones and Fury Belts in one card. I think it should replace the Skyla. One Shaymin should be good because you want to save bench space, but Shaymin is just too good. Possible squeezing in one or two more Reverse Valley because between that, Fury Belt, Resistance, and Bronzong BREAK it makes Alakazam and Night March really good MUs. Pumpkaboo and Mew have to hit 250 to take a KO, which is all Night Marchers, Fury Belt, and Giovanni's, and Joltik has to hit 230 and Bronzong BREAK is really good for hitting them. Also, one Hex for Carbink it a consiteration, since the only other answer to Carbink is Bronzong. Basically, you use all your abilities then you Hex and attack. I'm really interested in this deck and it's going to be the first deck I test once I start testing for Massachusetts Regionals. Hope this helps. Any feedback on my suggestions would be wonderful :D
Thanks for the reply! If I do end up adding in shaymins (God are they expensive) I will definitely add AZ, just to pick up Shays, and like you said, heal the Genesect. I'm quite comfortable with the 3 Skyla, because we rely on items a lot. I probably will end up fixing the level balls to 2, but it's just so clutch to put down the Bronzors, turn one and play two level balls to get the Bronzongs. I will end up changing it to 2 though. I think that a 4 count of mail is good, because like I said, we rely on Trainers a lot, be it to make our mons stronger, search out a card we need, or even reuse energies. I like the inclusion of reverse Valley, don't get me wrong, but space is just so tight, I'm not sure If I can fit it in... We will have to see about that one...
Again, I really appreciate the help I've gotten from you and everyone else, and it makes me so glad to be a part of this community

Walter

Pokemon Professor
If you run Maxie's and the new Marowak you could still play your items, just a thought.

TheLunaticHypno

If you run Maxie's and the new Marowak you could still play your items, just a thought.
I did consider it, but there are two reasons I won't do that. A) space is kinda tight in the deck, and B) there isn't much toad in my area, but I will consider it if toad starts to become a thing in my area

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
I'm also testing with a pair of zoroark as a secondary attacker and in place of status protection.

I'm also testing 1 Floral Crown. It heals 20 on one of my benched genesect. Though idk if it's needed with max potion.

TheLunaticHypno

I'm also testing with a pair of zoroark as a secondary attacker and in place of status protection.

I'm also testing 1 Floral Crown. It heals 20 on one of my benched genesect. Though idk if it's needed with max potion.
Max potion is a great idea, actually, but I think I'm going to stick with the AZ and shaymins. With your build I would say that floral crown is definitely not a need. Even hard charm is better than it, because charm blocks the damage, while crown heals it. If you have 40 hp and your opponent hits for 40, with the charm, you are safe, because of the wall it provides. But if you had a floral crown on, it would have no effect, because you can't heal after you are dead. Space is limited so I don't think I will run Zoroark, but it's a possibility to consider

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
The point is to have the floral crown sit on the one on the bench. Since with zoroark. I won't have to bother with float stones on genesect. But the small 20hp heal might not be worth it.

It heals during ur opponents turn. I also don't plan on using hard charm or assault vest. Just fighting fury belts for the additional hp. Using max potion allow me to heal the genesect so I can exchange tools incase it happens to be beyond the 180 damage where AZ would either discard the tool or kill the genesect if I try to take it off.

I found that I had excess space. Since techs like skyla and fan club can easily be 1 of supporters when you have 4 vs seeker and 2 or 3 battle compressor. The 10 extra damage from muscle band seems trivial for the most part. Since you can just attach more energy. But it might warrant 1 slot for those 210 hp pokemon.

The stadium itself also doesn't seem super important without 3 or 4 to win the war. Especially defensive stadiums that tend to get counter as soon as you play them. So they virtually have no effect. Unless I find the stadiums being too helpful to my opponent.

TheLunaticHypno

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, but I have a lot of changes to make today, so I will do that a bit later in the day.

WastedSkyPirate

@TheLunaticHypno

Like you, I really want to make this card work! It's got a decent attack, a decent ability and the Full Art version looks gorgeous; Genesect is an all-round cool Pokemon. However, it just feels as though something is missing - a lot of setup is required for, arguably, not enough output and there are no game-breaking Tool combinations for Genesect to take advantage of (I was hoping for new Genesect-only Tool cards but, instead, we got Power Memory for Zygarde-EX).

That being said, I still think there is potential here. This is my version of the list:

Pokemon (15)
  • 4-4-1 Bronzong BREAK
  • 3 Genesect-EX
  • 2 Shaymin-EX
  • 1 Aegislash-EX
Trainers (36)
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 N
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Brigette
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 3 Battle Compressor
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 2 Sky Field
Energy (9)
  • 9 Metal Energy

The Pokemon line is fairly self-explanatory, though I can see space for tweaking the Bronzong line subject to testing. I like the idea of Bronzong BREAK as, in theory, it can give you a great game-changing turn against some decks (particular Night March). Against Metal, Night March decks tend to focus on attacking with Joltik (to get around Metal's Psychic resistance) and Joltik just happens to be the perfect target for Bronzong BREAK.

Metal can really make use of N as, a bit like Greninja, the deck tends to go behind on prizes early in the game during the setup period. Furthermore, the deck uses EXs as the main attackers, so most of the time you will be giving up 2 prizes.

Weakness Policy is there to provide a bit of cover against Entei and the swathe of Delphox decks that are on the horizon. This card is clearly dependent on the current metagame and I can see it being changed for something more relevant in the future. For example, if Garbodor makes a sterling comeback then you're better to include Startling Megaphone instead.

Escape Rope over Switch for the Lysandre effect and, crucially, to bump your opponent's Wobbufet out of the active spot. From past experience, Wobbufett is a royal pain against Metal as it shuts off Bronzong with Bide Barricade.

Anyway, these are just my suggestions so feel free to take them on board or discard them completely! I'm looking forward to testing this deck.

Last edited: