• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Twisted Spoon (M Alakazam EX / Wobbuffet)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
TWISTED SPOON

megaAlakazam-e1454019607442.png

Pokémon (14):

• 4 M Alakazam EX (beatdown)
  • 4 Alakazam EX (beatdown)
  • 2 Wobbuffet (beatdown)
  • 2 Shaymin EX (draw)
  • 2 Hoopa EX (search)
Trainer/Supporters/Stadiums (38):
  • 4 Professor Sycamore (draw)
  • 2 Giovanni's Scheme (draw)
  • 1 Lysandre (control)
  • 1 AZ (retrieval)
  • 2 N (draw)
  • 4 Alakazam Spirit Link (evolve)
  • 4 Super Scoop Up (retrieval)
  • 4 Devolution Spray (reuse)
  • 4 Trainer's Mail (search)
  • 4 VS Seeker (retrieval)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
  • 4 Dimensional Valley (enable)
Energy (08):
  • 4 Mystery Energy
  • 4 Psychic Energy
Strategy:

Go first and start with either Alakazam Ex or Wobbuffet. Use Hoopa Ex to search for Alakazam Ex and Shaymin Ex. Next turn evolve a benched Alakazam Ex into M Alakazam Ex to use Spoon Bending. Use Super Scoop Up and Devolution Spray to reuse Spoon Bending to distribute damage and snipe the bench.

Last edited:
I would change an Ultra Ball and a SSU for 2 Devolution Spray. You're relying too much on a flip coin for such an important piece of your strategy imo.

Hi Javi Blizz,

Thanks for the review. Will use Devolution Spary and Tool Retriever to allow me to reuse Spoon Bending instead of Super Scoop Up. Modified the deck above in line with the recommendation.

Hi sickcakes,

Welcome to the forum. Hoopa Ex is from Ancient Origins and Absol is the one that can move three damage counter from one of your opponent's Pokémon to another one. Hoopa Ex is in the deck since he can search out three Pokémon Ex from the deck.

Hi Dark Espeon,

I play M Alakazam with Crobat. Bats are better than Wobbufett. I didn't play Devolution Spray, because N, Judge now in the format. SSU is the best item in this deck. It can take Shaymin, Alakazam to your hand. I play 3-3/4-3 M Alakazam+3 SL and 4-4-3 Crobat +2 Shaymin and 1 Hoopa. Crobat can kill Night March (abi+attack on Pumpkaboo or attack on Joltik) and opponet take 1 prize, not 2. Why you have 10 energies? 1 Mystery and 5 Psychic rare good + 1 Letter. When, you may have more good cards in your deck.
PS: Srsly for my eng

Hi Bidulek.

Thanks for the review. Crobat needs a lot of deck space and is also vulnerable to abilities denial. In addition Wobbuffet can be a decent starter since he slows down Shaymin Ex. Used to have Super Scoop Up instead of Devolution Spray in this deck but it is a coinflip which can be less reliable. Devolution Spray works all the time. Want to fit in one Eco Arm to allow me to use AZ on Alakazam as an additional mean to deevolve him. How did the deck work out for you?

Currently working on a build for this deck and I would leave your energy count how it is, you aren't always gonna draw into dimension valley. I use the bats line as well but only a 2-2-2 line. I also dropped my Alakazam down to 3-3 may run 1 more but for now I wanna test it at 3. You could also maybe drop Sycamore down to 3 or 2 and run Shauna instead. You may not have what card you need in your hand but you may need others later on, and its not reliant on a coin flip that you get the 5 cards

Im not sure why you have tool retrieval, because you only have spirit links. I would take those out for some skyla, because your deck relys on trainers alot, be it valley, or devolution spray.

Im not sure why you have tool retrieval, because you only have spirit links. I would take those out for some skyla, because your deck relys on trainers alot, be it valley, or devolution spray.

I presume it's to go with the AZ (which discards the spirit link), though being only a one-of it may not be a prime tactic for them to keep re-using that to put the counters back down.

Back