P!P/Rules Championship Points Not Updating Should I Be Concerned?

Gabking5458

2016 MA TCG Senior Division Regional Champion!
Hey guys! I am very close to my World Championships invite and I just won a league challenge. Its been 2 weeks though and my Championship Point Total has still not updated. I called the tournament organizer and they said they reported the results the day after the league challenge but Pokemon.com has still not awarded the points. Should I be concerned or is this normal?

I've had a similar problem with my provincials CP. It's been 3 weeks and my CP isn't in. I should have gotten my 90 CP but I'm still sitting at 32...

How many players participated in that tournament?
Because if it are less than 8 the Championship points don't count.
Well I got first place and the kicker for first is only 1 player needs to be there so that isn't a factor

If you have participated in 7 or more LCs, only your top 6 performances are counted towards your CP, so you may skip this post if that's true. If not true, read on...

If your Play! Pokemon account is linked to Pokemon Trainer Club, which is required for invites, and your CP total is not up-to-date, and if your Pokemon Trainer Club's Play! Pokemon sub-page does not show the current status in terms of your CP total, and it stays that way past the end of this month, according to the start of the section on the bottom of the Worlds Competitor Information page, you could lose your Nats/Worlds invite, depending on whether or not you have less total CP than the minimum needed to qualify for Worlds(as shown on the table located within the top section of the previous link) as shown on pokemon.com. If the organizer reported the results to someone other than Play! Pokemon, and doesn't tell you the source he/she reported to, as you have only one month to do so before it's possible that you could miss Worlds by missing a key deadline, file a support ticket(within "Request Support/ask a question", and to get there, you must be logged on to your Pokemon Trainer Club account) titled "Play! Pokemon Account outdated. Please tell me whether it is Championship-point related or something else, and update my account as mandated per given deadlines" to the customer service portal on pokemon.com.

^ One question: Why do you need to know if it is caused by an error on other information?

Answer: Because the deadline for CP appeals is July 10th for your zone, unlike that of other important elements which need to be up-to-date by June 1st if you desire to go to Worlds and do not want to be denied a Worlds invite for missing at least one key deadline, ask the support team(via "ask a question": you will need to log on to do so) on the customer service portal for an explanation on why no update, ensure the ticket is sent before the close of this month, and they will do everything they can to correct the discrepancy in time, but if it is Championship-point related, the ticket might not be necessary yet at that time, but it will be necessary on July 10th, one week after Nats.

^ If they don't help you by the start of the post-Nats period, send a second support ticket titled "Discrepancy on my total of Championship Points as shown Pokemon.com vs. the same total as shown on my actual tally." You must submit the first of the aforementioned tickets by June 1st at the earliest, and if the CP total is not updated by the day after Nationals, the second ticket can reasonably be filed, as long as that is done by the close of the week of the day after Nats: July 4th(in this case, don't think that week starts on July 3rd, as that is the final day of Nats, and thus, it does not count as the start of the week after Nats, which is the final week to appeal CP totals in advance of Worlds)...

^ If anyone think the above is a unreasonable option at this time, feel free to correct me... After all, I did what I thought was appropriate to help this poor guy... Is there something I missed?

Last edited:
Okay thx. I sent a ticket to pokemon.com with all the info such as tournament ID, date and organizer. Yes it is a Championship Point total problem.

Last edited:
Back