• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Zygarde EX / Regirock EX / Carbink BREAK

GreninjaTCG

GreninjaTCG
Recently I wrote an article about a Zygarde/Landorus/Hawlucha deck list, just to realize how much it sucks. So here is a new updated list, prepared for all the large meta opponents (excluding Seismitoad EX and Giratina EX).

Pokémon:
  • 3 Zygarde EX
  • 1 Zygarde (10%)
  • 3 Regirock EX
  • 2 Carbink (safeguard)
  • 1 Carbink (energy keeper)
  • 3 Carbink BREAK
  • 2 Shaymin EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 N
  • 3 Korrina
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 3 Fighting Stadium
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Max Elixir
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 2 Power Memory
  • 2 Float Stone
Energy:
  • 4 Strong Energy
  • 7 Fighting Energy
Strategy:

Please leave your thoughts in the comments!

ToToLaw

Aspiring Trainer
Would Carbink/Groudon EX be a better combo than this? Think of it, P Groudon EX does the same damage as power memory, with a better side effect (it maybe good to discard opponent's stadium sometimes). It also got Omega barrier to block opponent's trainer card effects. Regirock EX could be taken out, as P Groudon EX has enough power on its own. The only advantage of Zygarde EX over P Groudon EX are 1) it got 2 faster attacks which are quite 'okey' 2) It's not blocked by Glaceon EX and Giratina EX (but block by Jolteon EX on the other hand)

GreninjaTCG

GreninjaTCG
Would Carbink/Groudon EX be a better combo than this? Think of it, P Groudon EX does the same damage as power memory, with a better side effect (it maybe good to discard opponent's stadium sometimes). It also got Omega barrier to block opponent's trainer card effects. Regirock EX could be taken out, as P Groudon EX has enough power on its own. The only advantage of Zygarde EX over P Groudon EX are 1) it got 2 faster attacks which are quite 'okey' 2) It's not blocked by Glaceon EX and Giratina EX (but block by Jolteon EX on the other hand)
Yes carbink groudon would be a much better deck than this, but for now I just wanted to make a fun deck with the new cards from fates collide. Thanks for your interest! Maybe I'll post a carbink primal groudon list soon.

Maybe you should try marowak (Fates Collide) to avoid toadtina
That is a possibility, and I didn't write this list with toadtina in mind, so maybe I could make that change later on. But I am concerned with the deck space that it might take up. Atleast 4 slots, maybe even 6. I think if I were to add in a xerosic (along with the 4 VS Seeker) I should be just fine against toadtina. Thanks for the interest!

Last edited by a moderator:

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
How does this beat Vespiplume?

Two-words: Hex Maniac.

^ If you're lucky enough to top-deck it, as top-decking a card is the only way to get a supporter under item lock, as you can't VS seeker to try and get one, only to be locked by Vileplume... In this case, going first is a must, due to possible Forest of Giant Plants usage to make a vileplume possible on T1, meaning if you go second, and Forest of Giant Plants is up, and Vileplume appears in T1 due to that stadium, if Hex is not on your top-deck, unless gallade's premonition allows you to top-deck a Hex next turn(to nullify the ability that puts item lock on both sides, and enabling you to use items such as vs. seeker again, at least for the rest of your turn, at which point the opponent can use items on their turn. After their turn ends, the item lock is restored), likely an auto loss w/o Hoopa-ex to get your pokes out in a way that bypassess item lock. Even then, it will be tough to KO Trevenamt BREAK, let alone VespPlume...

Last edited:

ToToLaw

Aspiring Trainer
this deck will have a hard time against NM, especially facing a Pumpkaboo with fighting fury belt, you will need that strong energy/Regirock EX/muscle band combo to OHKO it..... just for one prize. It will lose in the prize trade eventually.

All of the pokemon in this deck is weak to grass, so a Vesiplume player only need 8 in the discard to OHKO all pokemon in this deck. Even you top deck a Hex maniac to allow the use of item in one turn, i can't see how it beat Vesiplume.

Gabking5458

2016 MA TCG Senior Division Regional Champion!
I played Vespiplume at states and got 3 top 8s (Seniors so its easy). The deck is CRITICALLY weak to Hex Maniac. If you can stream it you can easily beat it because of its reliance on Shaymin and Unown.

Shimisams

Aspiring Trainer
Trying to build Carbink myself...I'm not sold on Regirock..so it isn't here...this is a first draft and work in progress, still tweaking numbers and tech cards.

I opted for a Maxie package, try some tech with Marowak for Toad...Garchomp for positive trades against EX...and Gallade.
Trying Puzzle of Time, seems like a good compliment to the Carbink/Compressor Engine.

No Hex Maniac, I want to fit it in, it's just, how useful is one really.

Thoughts? Obvious inclusions/exclusions?

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 15

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
3 Carbink BREAK FAC 51
1 Carbink FAC 49
2 Carbink FAC 50
1 Marowak FAC 37
1 Garchomp BKP 70
1 Garchomp BKP 70
1 Gallade BKT 84
3 Zygarde-EX FAC 54

Trainer Cards - 35

2 Fighting Stadium FFI 90
4 Korrina FFI 95
3 VS Seeker PHF 109
4 Ultra Ball DEX 102
4 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
1 Lysandre AOR 78
4 Professor Sycamore XY 122
1 N NVI 101
2 Focus Sash FFI 91
1 Switch KSS 38
2 Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick PRC 133
1 Power Memory FAC 108
4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
2 Muscle Band XY 121

Energy - 10

4 Strong Energy FFI 104
6 Fighting Energy BLWEnergy 3

Total Cards: - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

GreninjaTCG

GreninjaTCG
How does this beat Vespiplume?
It doesn't. Maybe add hex maniac in the future.

Two-words: Hex Maniac.

^ If you're lucky enough to top-deck it, as top-decking a card is the only way to get a supporter under item lock, as you can't VS seeker to try and get one, only to be locked by Vileplume... In this case, going first is a must, due to possible Forest of Giant Plants usage to make a vileplume possible on T1, meaning if you go second, and Forest of Giant Plants is up, and Vileplume appears in T1 due to that stadium, if Hex is not on your top-deck, unless gallade's premonition allows you to top-deck a Hex next turn(to nullify the ability that puts item lock on both sides, and enabling you to use items such as vs. seeker again, at least for the rest of your turn, at which point the opponent can use items on their turn. After their turn ends, the item lock is restored), likely an auto loss w/o Hoopa-ex to get your pokes out in a way that bypassess item lock. Even then, it will be tough to KO Trevenamt BREAK, let alone VespPlume...
I think I will find space for a hex. I didn't think about how much a t1 hex can help or just against vieplume. Thanks!

I'll ask the obvious. What's the plan versus Night March?
Hope they deck out. Maybe play AZ or focus sash...

I played Vespiplume at states and got 3 top 8s (Seniors so its easy). The deck is CRITICALLY weak to Hex Maniac. If you can stream it you can easily beat it because of its reliance on Shaymin and Unown.
I will make space for hex. Thanks

Trying to build Carbink myself...I'm not sold on Regirock..so it isn't here...this is a first draft and work in progress, still tweaking numbers and tech cards.

I opted for a Maxie package, try some tech with Marowak for Toad...Garchomp for positive trades against EX...and Gallade.
Trying Puzzle of Time, seems like a good compliment to the Carbink/Compressor Engine.

No Hex Maniac, I want to fit it in, it's just, how useful is one really.

Thoughts? Obvious inclusions/exclusions?

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 15

2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
3 Carbink BREAK FAC 51
1 Carbink FAC 49
2 Carbink FAC 50
1 Marowak FAC 37
1 Garchomp BKP 70
1 Garchomp BKP 70
1 Gallade BKT 84
3 Zygarde-EX FAC 54

Trainer Cards - 35

2 Fighting Stadium FFI 90
4 Korrina FFI 95
3 VS Seeker PHF 109
4 Ultra Ball DEX 102
4 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
1 Lysandre AOR 78
4 Professor Sycamore XY 122
1 N NVI 101
2 Focus Sash FFI 91
1 Switch KSS 38
2 Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick PRC 133
1 Power Memory FAC 108
4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
2 Muscle Band XY 121

Energy - 10

4 Strong Energy FFI 104
6 Fighting Energy BLWEnergy 3

Total Cards: - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
Too many techs. And regirock really is critical. Not sure how your deck will work, but it sure will be interesting. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Apterous

Aspiring Trainer
I'm having luck with 3x Zygarde-EX, 3 Safeguard Carbink, 2x Carbink Break, and a 2-2 Zoroark line to help with the switching in case a big dumb Regirock gets Lysandre'ed up or you discard all your energy thanks to Power Memory. I'm playing 2x Power Memory, 1x Focus Sash, 1x Muscle Band, 1x FF Belt... Korrina is really nice in helping find what you need. Also playing Max Potions since you can heal and still attack for 1 energy and cause up to 100 damage with Muscle Band / Fighting Stadium / Strong energy.

Decent matchup vs. M Alakazam but still loses to Night March all day. :/

Scubasage

Aspiring Trainer
Even Fighting Fury Belt is likely better than Power Memory when Night March is involved. They need their own FFB and 11 out of 12 Night Marchers in the discard to OHKO Zygarde at that point. Meanwhile, the advantage compared to Focus Sash is that FFB can be used on non-fighting Pokémon (if you tech in Jirachi or have to attack with Shaymin-EX), and the extra 10 damage is obviously helpful against low HP decks like Night March, as it makes it easier to hit the relevant numbers to OHKO everything with 1 energy.