Discussion Techs Post Fates Collide

GengarGuys

"Pickle Enthusiast"
So Fates Collide is giving us quite a few nice techs and some good cards in general, so I ask you what cards will be added into decks or merely as techs and what amounts?

I think NM and Vespiquen could both play a 1-1 or 2-2 line of Marowak as a counter to toad.

Barbacale and Random Reciver could be cool.

-Gengar ;)

I think there will be new decks from Fates collide itself:
- Carbink/Regirock/Zygarde
- Alazakam/Bats/Wobbuffet
- Serperior

Not sure how competitive these decks are, need lots of testing.

For old decks, they agin some supporter in the new set:
- NM, got Mew as a backup attacker.
- Manectric/Bats, got Mew to use overrun for free, or assault laser for a single lighting energy, same goes for Sceptile/Bats unseen claw.
- Trevenant, got random recevier to increase to chance of T1 Wally.
- Megaman, got Glaceon EX to play alongside with Jolteon EX and Regice, it's got to be annoying.
- Mill decks (i.e. Durant, bunnelby, Houndoom EX), Durant got Mew for a sinlge raindow energy attachment to attack, also got team rocket handiwork for more discards.

I am mot sure whether Barbaracle or Marowak would be commonly used, as they are both situational against certain decks only. A 2-2 line with maybe float stone take up lots of space, hurt both consistency and speed.

I am quite sure Lucario, Genesect EX, Kingdra EX, Audino EX and Moltres break are not competitive though, maybe Altaria EX would join this group too.

I think there will be new decks from Fates collide itself:
- Carbink/Regirock/Zygarde
- Alazakam/Bats/Wobbuffet
- Serperior

Not sure how competitive these decks are, need lots of testing.

For old decks, they agin some supporter in the new set:
- NM, got Mew as a backup attacker.
- Manectric/Bats, got Mew to use overrun for free, or assault laser for a single lighting energy, same goes for Sceptile/Bats unseen claw.
- Trevenant, got random recevier to increase to chance of T1 Wally.
- Megaman, got Glaceon EX to play alongside with Jolteon EX and Regice, it's got to be annoying.
- Mill decks (i.e. Durant, bunnelby, Houndoom EX), Durant got Mew for a sinlge raindow energy attachment to attack, also got team rocket handiwork for more discards.

I am mot sure whether Barbaracle or Marowak would be commonly used, as they are both situational against certain decks only. A 2-2 line with maybe float stone take up lots of space, hurt both consistency and speed.

I am quite sure Lucario, Genesect EX, Kingdra EX, Audino EX and Moltres break are not competitive though, maybe Altaria EX would join this group too.
Marowak and Barbaracle can be Maxied or Archied out so they do have potential in deck that use archies or maxies as teches (for example marowak in Yveltal Zoroark gallade as a tech against seismitoad EX).

I kinda expect, or at least hope, to see a resurgence of metal decks. The new Bronzong blocks any effect of attacks on the bench, including placement of damage counters. The Break is kinda cool too, providing versatile snipe damage. Plus there's good ol Aegislash EX, who's been needing some new friends. Actually, I hope Metal Lugia BREAK ends up being a thing. Lugia BREAK's attack is essentially Dialga EX's 2nd attack with a more versatile cost anyway. And Brigette/Winona would be a huge boon for it

Diancie EX might be a dark horse deck too. It has low HP for an EX, but with Assault Vest, it takes 70 less damage from Special Energy attackers. I expect it to be bulkier than Raikou (and both can deal 110 for 3 energy), and it also has Aromatisse/Max Potion shenanigans at its disposal!

I kinda expect, or at least hope, to see a resurgence of metal decks. The new Bronzong blocks any effect of attacks on the bench, including placement of damage counters. The Break is kinda cool too, providing versatile snipe damage. Plus there's good ol Aegislash EX, who's been needing some new friends. Actually, I hope Metal Lugia BREAK ends up being a thing. Lugia BREAK's attack is essentially Dialga EX's 2nd attack with a more versatile cost anyway. And Brigette/Winona would be a huge boon for it

Diancie EX might be a dark horse deck too. It has low HP for an EX, but with Assault Vest, it takes 70 less damage from Special Energy attackers. I expect it to be bulkier than Raikou (and both can deal 110 for 3 energy), and it also has Aromatisse/Max Potion shenanigans at its disposal!

Sorry sir, i could not agree with you. First, the Bronzong ability only blocks damages from ATTACKS, just like Mr. Mime, with the advantage of do not neccessary be on bench. That means bats, Greninja and the new Alakazam EX ability damages pass through Bronzong. Bronzong break is terrible too, why would the attack of Bronzong break be any better than Trevenant break? Also, i am unsure about the playability of Genesect EX, both the attack and the ability seems under average to me.

But i do agree Diancie EX maybe tough for decks that could not OHKO it. But you should not compare it with Raikou, it's an EX after all.

Sorry sir, i could not agree with you. First, the Bronzong ability only blocks damages from ATTACKS, just like Mr. Mime, with the advantage of do not neccessary be on bench. That means bats, Greninja and the new Alakazam EX ability damages pass through Bronzong. Bronzong break is terrible too, why would the attack of Bronzong break be any better than Trevenant break? Also, i am unsure about the playability of Genesect EX, both the attack and the ability seems under average to me.

But i do agree Diancie EX maybe tough for decks that could not OHKO it. But you should not compare it with Raikou, it's an EX after all.

Ability damage does pass through, yes, but nothing blocks those except for Theta Stop and stuff that turns off all effects of abilities anyway. Bronzong does have the advantage over Mime of blocking ALL effects of attacks on benched Pokemon though, including damage counters (See: this vid of someone opening it in a prerelease booster ). I'm personally not so sure about Genesect EX either, but there are plenty of attackers for Bronzong that already exist.

Anyhoo, while I agree Trevenant BREAK is way better than Bronzong BREAK on their own, Bronzong wouldnt be a main attacker. Probably a 1 or 2-of at most as a tech. It is Metal's only method of bench damage (beyond like, Manectric), though, and could do work against NM or as a cleanup attacker. Its only real advantages over Trevenant BREAK are the ability to do more than 30 damage to a benched Pokemon and having other attackers in the deck with OHKO potential. That being said, Trevenant and Bronzong/Metal decks have completely different playstyles.

On the other hand, I don't see why Raikou and Diancie EX shouldn't be compared, since they have incredibly similar abilities and EX 2HKO potential (or OHKO against Shaymin). IMO, the prize exchange is just another variable to be considered when deciding which you'd rather play. Is that extra prize worth the additional 30 HP, stronger ability, DCE compatibility, and Max Potion + Fairy Support? Or is Raikou's single prize status, Rough Seas compatibility, and infinite damage ceiling at the cost of setting up a Stage 2 better for you? They're both 110-for-3 energy attackers with a focus on healing and drastically reducing damage taken, they just have their own inherent advantages and disadvantages, the prize trade being one of them.

Kingdra-EX could possibly be used in some Megaman decks as a secondary attacker, although it does give up two prizes. That could be the deck I should run!

Tbh i really dont think the meta will change much at all besides the Reprinting of various cards. I kind of feel this xpack was pretty lackluster compared to the previous 3. There might be an alakazaam/ bats deck in the future that could be in the meta but we will just have to wait and see.

Edit: glacion is probably the most standout card here that is new

>_< Yeah here comes my future vision:

Serperior and Bronzong BREAK will do remotely well but they're not really contest winners.

The decks that will roll out of Fates Collide are:

Glaceon EX / Jolteon EX -
It's an immunity wall. Unfortunately the counter to it was already brought with this set, namely:

Alakazam EX / Bats and also Alakazam EX / Hoopa EX / Wobbuffet -
I think there will be some complaining about it at first. It's not an easy deck to play but placing damage counters is good as it bypasses many effects. If you do the math it certainly is capable of taking out high HP Pokémon. And it has more things going for it, like the single attack cost with dimension valley and the low retreat cost and not to forget a very useful typing.

Zygarde EX / Carbink BREAK / Regirock EX -
A true powerhouse. The safeguard ability and the incredible ways to set-up are what makes this deck.

And later on the metal Lucario will see some play as it is a good counter against above decks. No I don't actually have future vision. This just makes cents to me.

No one has mentioned delphox yet which really isn't a tech but more of an entire deck, but my friend is making a delphox deck but he just can't desire how to run it.

Delphox break is like a stage 3 pokemon with a 'nice ability', but by the time you set it up, you probably lose 2-3 prizes, and all it does can be done by a already effective battle compressor/blacksmith engine. So i don't think Delphox will be competitive, either on its own deck or as a tech

I think the new decks go like this

Tier 1 -
Zygarde-EX

Tier 2 -
Serperior
M Alakazam

Tier 3 -
Glaceon/Jolteon

FFB = 230 HP. Also focus sash. And on top of that you can kill Night Marchers with a single energy, except for Pumpkaboo with an FFB.

Hi Buyo :^)

I guess the top play is probably going to be Mew/Jolteon/ Glaceon
An important card in this deck will be max elixer , because it is going to speed up the deck a lot.
Another thing to keep in mind is using the fighting fury belt, that provides you +40 HP and +10 Damage.
This will be the tier 1 deck

Back