Entei / Charizard-EX

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan
The trick coin and the five seemed irrelevant in play testing. The damage to self seemed to be more of a problem. I prefer the flexibility of four so I can dodge the crushing hammer setbacks.
I said the FLASHFIRE M Charizard takes 5 to attack. It isn't good. When will you need to hit for 300? Wailord? Wailord is slow and doesn't keep up well with today's format. That's why I said the GENERATIONS M Charizard was good but needs Trick Coin to average 200. If you're lucky, you can hit for 300 (assuming you have 4 fire attached).
Edit: M Charizard GEN needs a deck built around itself to work. So I suggest not running it at all as none will do any good.

LightningCloud224

Aspiring Trainer
So the volcanion ex card is going to up potential damage by 30 per volcanion. You can even discard under trevenant lock this way.

ToToLaw

Aspiring Trainer
Volcanion ex does look like a better partner than charizard ex, boosting entei damage output over 200 (+ muscle band and/or belt), even the first attack may hit 100. You want to discard fire energy anyway (for blacksmith) so they have the synergy well.

But it still can't solve the Jolteon EX and greninja weakness problem.

LightningCloud224

Aspiring Trainer
Volcanion ex does look like a better partner than charizard ex, boosting entei damage output over 200 (+ muscle band and/or belt), even the first attack may hit 100. You want to discard fire energy anyway (for blacksmith) so they have the synergy well.

But it still can't solve the Jolteon EX and greninja weakness problem.
Fire is weak to water. There's no real solving this. What entei has as an advantage against frogs is that you usually take three prizes before you see any greninja in play. For this reason, I rarely lose to greninja playing entei despite weakness. I'd say mega rayquaza presents a more grueling issue.

I do not think it is fair to say charizard ex is replaced by volcanion ex. I have been mentioning mega charizard ex generations as a direct counter to Jolteon ex. It is capable of sweeping through four prizes or more prizes similar to primal groudon ex, which it also counters. The turn for mega evolution is a small price to pay for the four prizes. No matter what, you are going to break the lock against Jolteon ex. I have done this in tournament setting for great successes.

Sabaku

Aspiring Trainer
With the new Volcanion-EX coming out in a few months, wouldn't that also mean there's a chance for Houndoom-EX and its Mega to see usage? +30 damage gives M Houndoom-EX just enough power to OHKO Shaymin-EX and the usual array of unboosted EX Pokemon.

LightningCloud224

Aspiring Trainer
With the new Volcanion-EX coming out in a few months, wouldn't that also mean there's a chance for Houndoom-EX and its Mega to see usage? +30 damage gives M Houndoom-EX just enough power to OHKO Shaymin-EX and the usual array of unboosted EX Pokemon.
Only helps basic fire Pokemon. I'd love to see mega houndoom hitting the right numbers though.