• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Super Lucario Bros (Maxie's / M Lucario EX)

LiftoffLizard

Hoenn Nerd
Pokémon: 11
  • 2 M Lucario EX
  • 4 Landorus
  • 3 Hawlucha
  • 2 Shaymin EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 35
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Mega Turbo
  • 3 Acro Bike
  • 3 Battle Compressor
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 1 AZ
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick
  • 1 Fighting Stadium
Energy: 14
  • 10 Fighting Energy
  • 4 Strong Energy
Strategy:

There's not really a lot of draw support there. Have you tested this deck yet? Doesn't seem like you'll get the cards you need.

Yes I have tested the deck and it 8/10 times will get Lucario going in at least 2 turns.
The chosen trainers are generally based on the World Champions Honorstoise deck. This is my first version of this deck and I like the idea because if you can get Mega Lucarion going quick enough you can destroy people by continually discarding their energy... this gives the ultimate advantage against Seismitoad EX if you can out run him... which if you can get him going in one turn then you won't have a problem...

Wow, this is a really intresting deck. Maybe add one gallade? Just for premonition purposes. And maybe a normal Lucario?, I know there is no spirit link, but it is a good attacker if you don't get the first turn M lucario and if you can't attack you mega evolve without spirit link.

So yes M Lucario will have a major advantage against toad if you get him built up. But my question will be, with quaking punch, how exactly do you plan on getting him out?

Energy can probably be dropped for supporters. Maybe like 6 basic 4 strong. You can compensate with 3 korrina to increase your chances in getting professors letter.
Then maybe 1 more fighting stadium.

So yes M Lucario will have a major advantage against toad if you get him built up. But my question will be, with quaking punch, how exactly do you plan on getting him out?
Well with a good enough deck you can get him out on the first turn.... If Toad goes first then he can't attack that turn... If he goes second you get him out anyway on your first turn... no problem...

I just don't see it with this draw combo. I mean you're basically hoping first turn you get either Maxie and no other supporters, vs seeker, battle compressor or trainers mail and hope he's not buried. I'd add a lucario or 2 just to be safe. Just too much to chance here. Ultimately you can get away with 8 energy, then you can add 2 lucarios, 1 birch, 1 stadium and 2 korrinas. I've never seen a fighting deck with no korrinas.

I just don't see it with this draw combo. I mean you're basically hoping first turn you get either Maxie and no other supporters, vs seeker, battle compressor or trainers mail and hope he's not buried. I'd add a lucario or 2 just to be safe. Just too much to chance here. Ultimately you can get away with 8 energy, then you can add 2 lucarios, 1 birch, 1 stadium and 2 korrinas. I've never seen a fighting deck with no korrinas.

The deck isn't the average slow and consistent fighting deck. It is pretty much hit or miss with toad. The matchup works the same way it does in expanded between archiestoise and toad. If the blastoise player can get a t1 blastoise then he will win and if he cannot then he will lose.

@LiftoffLizard I think maxing out on battle compressor is a good idea just so you can get everything you need in the discard pile. Some focus sashes would be nice also, as pumpkaboo can ubliterate Mega Lucario in one hit without it.

If you want to test it against my toad deck is be more than happy to play you. I'd like to see this deck play.

Look PokeDad5 I get the criticism on this deck, but I would like you to consider the fact that this is just an idea I thought of.... I would also like you to consider that THIS IS MY FIRST TIME TRYING OUT MAXIE/ARCHIE. So I thought what the heck I will just copy the Honorstoise trainers for now and get good advice later from this forum. I play no Korrina because Korrina will take my supporter for the turn.

So this is what I' am hearing:
Pokémon: 13
  • 2 M Lucario EX
  • 2 Lucario EX ?? (1?)
  • 4 Landorus
  • 3 Hawlucha
  • 2 Shaymin EX

Support: 37
  • 1 Professors Letter
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Mega Turbo
  • 3 Acro Bike
  • 4 Battle Compressor
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Trainers Mail
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Birch
  • 3 Sycamore
  • 2 Maxie
  • 1 Fighting Stadium
Energy: 10
  • 6 Fighting Energy
  • 4 Strong Energy
However I do not feel like these little changes will effect my overall consistency... any newer ideas towards this deck.

I'm not bashing your deck list. I was offering some help because I wanted to personally see how it played and I figured since it could struggle against toad it would give you some testing time to fine tune the deck, that's all. I personally don't see it working all the time, but when it does it'll be powerful. My last post was strictly offering help so you could work on this deck.

Ok.... My decks main problem as I may have expressed before is that it lacks consistency in getting M Lucario out and I believe it to be a trainer problem... I have a toad deck so I constantly test any of my deck against it (Yes I play both sides).

Last edited:
Mega Turbo kind of makes it harder to get Maxie's off first turn, I find. It's a dead card until after you get the trick off.
A couple Maintenance seems to help for stuff like that, so you can shuffle important stuff like Mega Turbo and VS Seeker back into your deck. Maybe trim a few Mega Turbo and add 2 Maintenance?

Mega Turbo kind of makes it harder to get Maxie's off first turn, I find. It's a dead card until after you get the trick off.
A couple Maintenance seems to help for stuff like that, so you can shuffle important stuff like Mega Turbo and VS Seeker back into your deck. Maybe trim a few Mega Turbo and add 2 Maintenance?
Ok, ya mega turbo does often get in the way... I will try maintenance.

I suggested it because I tried Maxie's Primal Groudon and the sacrifices I made to have a consistent Maxie's engine for a turn 1 Primal meant I had to trim down on Stadiums and Mega Turbo, running just 2 Maintenance did seem to make a big difference though. Hope it helps, you could probably trim 2 basic energy off and get away with it. I found too much energy can hurt too, since you can only play 1 per turn. I would strongly recommend finding room for a 4th Battle Compressor (I know they're expensive) since drawing one on your first turn can make setting up the Maxie's conditions super easy.

I suggested it because I tried Maxie's Primal Groudon and the sacrifices I made to have a consistent Maxie's engine for a turn 1 Primal meant I had to trim down on Stadiums and Mega Turbo, running just 2 Maintenance did seem to make a big difference though. Hope it helps, you could probably trim 2 basic energy off and get away with it. I found too much energy can hurt too, since you can only play 1 per turn. I would strongly recommend finding room for a 4th Battle Compressor (I know they're expensive) since drawing one on your first turn can make setting up the Maxie's conditions super easy.
I have already added a 4th compressor

Back