PTCGO The Pokémon TCG Online Troubleshoot Guide

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
I have download the Pokémon TCG Online on the computer with the tower and my laptop but it seems that I am unable to create an account. It keeps saying to go to the Pokémon site to create the account. Is the game having trouble with people creating accounts or is it just me?
You should make an account on Pokémon.com before accessing the game client to avoid this issue. This because the TCGO uses the Pokémon.com accounts, so they're linked.

SarenaMain74

Aspiring Trainer
You should make an account on Pokémon.com before accessing the game client to avoid this issue. This because the TCGO uses the Pokémon.com accounts, so they're linked.
I think I have an account under my Gmail but I do not know the US or Password so what do I do then?

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
I think I have an account under my Gmail but I do not know the US or Password so what do I do then?

If you don't remember any info and can't retrieve it from your mail, you can create another one. The only issue would be your Player ID (for IRL Tournaments) if you had one, but apart from that there's no issue.

HannahPokeGirl

Gotta be the very best!
Please help me! My online TCG game isn't working!

Here are the details:
I have Windows 8 (I think)
I have tried troubleshooting the problem
When I clicked on the app, a message came up saying= "This app cannot run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher."

What do I do? I have tonnes of code cards that I want to put on my game. I think I have a good Pokemon on my game, I'll trade with you if you can help! :D

Please, I'm very desprate!!!

crann777

I See You
Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing PTCGO? Your account is stored on their servers, so reinstalling the client won't lose your cards.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
HEY EVERYONE

PTCGO DISCUSSION THREAD REVIVAL

There are some super-dope Milotic sleeves/deck box in the shop right now that are only available for the next four days. Get your hands on them before you're filled with regret, like me, for missing out on the Gengar/Trevenant/Gourgeist ones!

edit: Of course, they are dope in the shop only; they currently do not appear in battle. But pick them up regardless because they will look dope and you don't wanna be left behind and unshiny.

Last edited:

JadeEspeon

Straight Espeonage!
So, PTCGO is down for maintenance (probably to add in Break Point). Maybe I'm just being impatient but, wasn't is supposed to be back up around 30 minutes ago? I didn't see anything saying it would take longer. Or is there now an error with loading the game? Because you never know with online games. It just doesn't connect to the server. :\

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Sometimes PTCGO will take longer than expected to update, for one reason or another. It should be up soon.

EDIT: Servers are offline for maintenance on my end.

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
So, PTCGO is down for maintenance (probably to add in Break Point). Maybe I'm just being impatient but, wasn't is supposed to be back up around 30 minutes ago? I didn't see anything saying it would take longer. Or is there now an error with loading the game? Because you never know with online games. It just doesn't connect to the server. :\

You can always check the main TCGO website for more up to date info about maintenance downtime.

Pokemon.com/tcgo states the maintenance was extended to 3pm PST.

TrainerMa'am

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
My app cuts out every five minutes or so and shuts down and then restarts and I have to log in again and wait for it to download all info from the server.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I am using the apple app on my iPad Air2

TrainerMa'am

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
image.jpeg PS these cards appear to be banned in the online game.
They are from the new Breakpoint release

image.jpeg

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
Those cards currently have severe bugs. They're banned to prevent exploiting in the meantime they're fixed.

MystikX

Aspiring Trainer
I can see where Lilligant would be bugged considering Boo-Hoo is a first for what it does, so the programming may be a bit off. Can't imagine how Kricketune is bugged, though...

At any rate, I was able to use the 34 codes I gathered from pre-releases and other packs I opened, and pulled pretty well. The new Seismitoad is a damn troll, though...I should NOT have 7 of them...

At least I got 3 Scizor-EX (1 FA) and 4 Luxray BREAK (2 from trade).

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
The Kricketune bug happens if you use Screech and then use another attack. If you KO something and draw a prize, you lose while taking the prize card.

Matheus Quibao

Aspiring Trainer
Does anybody know why when I try to 'Claim' a code I just submitted, it shows a message saying that I have 'Redeemed Maximum Amount'?! It's strange 'cause it never happened to me before!

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
What I can think of is that you are only allowed to redeem 10 codes at a time, though I don't know if that's still valid. On the other hand, if you're trying to redeem a promotional league code or something like that I can see them placing a restriction to how many can be used by each player.

Matheus Quibao

Aspiring Trainer
Thank you very much for your answer but that's still strange, because I only redeemed one booster pack before this one and the code I'm trying to redeem now is just another single booster pack code!

I'll try to close the app and open again to check if it works now!

RunningWithScizors

Aspiring Trainer
I was wondering if anyone else was having trouble donloading the latest PTCGO patch. First time I downloaded it, I got a black screen upon booting it up, even after restarting my computer. I've had to uninstall the program and I'm trying to reingstall it as I speak. Have any of you had this same problem?

Purrloin

I didn't have an issue with this patch, though I had a similar issue with a past patch. PTCGO isn't the most stable of things out there...

If reinstalling doesn't fix it, you might have to do a "full uninstall"; i.e., uninstall it and also go into the AppData folder and delete all traces of it. Then reinstall again.

RunningWithScizors

Aspiring Trainer
A full uninstall/reinstall seemed to fix it (fortunately, I have a program on my computer that makes this easy). Thanks for the advice!