Hints at Next Years Rotation

Hope all you want, but I do not see a universe where that happens. That would rotate 11 sets. The most sets to ever be rotated was in 2011 with 7 sets rotated. To my knowledge, it was Sebleye donk vs Sebleye donk. Unless one single deck gets that powerful, they will probably not rotate that many sets.

Uh, I shall? Haha I imagine it will really become Boundaries Crossed-on, thus becoming about a year behind Standard rotation.

Most likely, Expanded will be Boundaries Crossed on and Standard will be either Phantom Forces or Furious Fists.

Or Expanded doesn't rotate at all, which I think is possible. Or it rotates to NXD or something - I really don't want to play in BCR-on with only a year break. >.>;

Please TPCi, let the rotation be Phantom Forces-on, so we lose these freaking/skill-less Night March decks and these suuuper annoying Bats! Thank you.

Just pointing this out, but Expanded hasn't been around long enough for us to use the fact that it hasn't rotated before as evidence that it won't rotate in the future. I don't think they have any reason to rotate sets from Expanded, and they can always just ban cards that become problematic, but I remember thinking that when Expanded was first announced that they could still do rotations for that format if they wanted. Banning particular cards makes much more sense than rotations at this point. The whole idea of Expanded was to have a larger card pool, and rotating sets seems to be going against that idea.

Or Expanded doesn't rotate at all, which I think is possible. Or it rotates to NXD or something - I really don't want to play in BCR-on with only a year break. >.>;

If they did rotate Expanded, I feel like they'd rotate it an era at a time (and probably only once we have Gen 8 out). An NXD-On rotation wouldn't do anything at this point. They only thing we'd lose from those sets that wasn't reprinted is Eels, and those kind of got a reprint anyway in the form of Bronzong PHF.

Please TPCi, let the rotation be Phantom Forces-on, so we lose these freaking/skill-less Night March decks and these suuuper annoying Bats! Thank you.

PHF-On still includes Phantom Forces, so PRC-On then.

Last edited:
i predict furious fist will be last set rotated out as we have confirmation that they are making a crobat break

Well that would be a good and interesting change!

The more immediate challenge to survive the lockdown of the toad and garbodor... I shall not panic! I shall remove tool cards and "maybe" not rely too heavily on Shaymin! Can you imagine if it causes everyone to drop Shaymin - it's year on year value graph would match that of the iron prices this last year! Up-down-up-down! :cool:

Based on the attached photo of a release I think is scheduled for later this year in Japan called , Premium Champion Pack: EX x M x BREAK, I think we can assume that they could anywhere... It looks like they may be reprinting everything this year

For me the thing that stands out here is the possibility we may get BREAK cards for Mega Ex Pokemon!!!
View attachment 9629
image.jpeg

This isn't next years rotation, but I needed to throw it out there. Two years from now will probably be (if PHF stays) PHF-AOR. I think this because of Steven. Steven full art is in AOR and ROS has the regular art. Japan got Steven in Emerald BREAK (coincidence) and I believe the full art was a promo in Japan. This could mean either PHF-PRC or PHF-AOR will be the rotation next year.

Hmm they're going to release a new gen, or new pokemon, so they will definitely do a "Legendary Treasures 2" to reprint some key cards.

Bats are being reprinted in generations. I have pulled a golbat out of a breakpoint pack!
Crobat isn't in the set though. There is only golbat and zubat, but no Crobat so does this mean PHF will stay? I think it is too early to decide. When we get closer to the rotation (about the same time as the set after Fates Collide comes out) then we can say for sure.

I kinda feel like the majority of people (in my area ) are playing Expanded anyway so the rotation isn't going to matter too much. (And if it does...hopefully it'll be XY-on for Expanded?) I've yet to run into anyone playing strictly Standard.

Hopes:

Expanded: Next Destinies or boundaries crossed - on
Standard: Phantom forces - on

Honestly, I'm more curious on how they run tournaments next year than the rotation. Because regional's were in expanded, our LC's were split between Standard and Expanded. It made it hard on really getting any sort of grasp on a deck, as you were consistently going back and forth between formats. Last year, I really felt like I had a solid grasp on a deck or two, this year however, I'm always in this weird limbo of ya, I can play that deck decently enough, not great, but decently.

Back