• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Seismitoad EX / Garbodor / Empoleon

HotTorchic

Hot Torchic
Pokémon: 12
  • 4 Seismitoad EX
  • 2 Trubbish
  • 2 Garbodor
  • 2 Empoleon
  • 1 Regice
  • 1 Shaymin EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 41
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 AZ
  • 2 Giovanni's Scheme
  • 1 Wally
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Skyla
  • 1 Judge
  • 2 Archies Ace In The Hole
  • 1 Delinquent
  • 1 Team Flare Grunt
  • 3 Crushing Hammer
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer
  • 2 VS Seeker
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 2 Dive Ball
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 2 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 2 Switch
  • 2 Trainers' Mail
  • 1 Red Card
  • 2 Super Scoop Up
  • 1 Rough Seas
Energy: 7
  • 3 Splash Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy:

It's a Seismitoad EX does it really need explaining. Well, I suppose the Super part does. Well, Seismitoad alone doesn't do very much damage and we can all agree upon that. Well in BREAKthrough we got the addition of Empoleon. Empoleon's ability makes it so all basic Pokémon get +20 damage for all of their attacks powering them up. So with Toad and Empoleon Toad is no longer doing mesely damage but it's KOing left and right!

DISCLAIMER:
I have taken down all my other Toad threads in order to make all the suggestions in one thread (This one). This is my final complete thread. You can tell me what changes I should make below and I will take them into account I just won't repost another thread showing that decklist. I'll just edit this one

Last edited:
I think that the concept of the deck is good, but a couple of notes:
  • Level ball isn't really necessary because it can only get trubbish
  • Psychic energy isn't necessary (change it out) because even if you are left with only garbodor, it is really hard to put on four energy for it to attack, and it really won't help that much if you can (against most decks)
  • You need some kind of stadium or stadium removal so your opponent doesn't always get the choice of the stadium.
Even so, I still think that this would be a descent seismetoad deck.

Wow that's a lot of trainers. I mean I 50 in my toad deck, but usually 4 of. So you're going for item lock and long term KO? No crushing hammers? Or enhanced hammers? That could hurt in the long run if you can't keep energies off your opponents. They'll win the prize game, especially against M MewTwo. If you run silent lab you'll probably be better off than having to run 2-2 Garbo. Delinquent is a fun card to run now :). Especially if you combine that with a red card :) look up Andrew Mahone's Toad/Cards deck. Been playing for for a little while now and it's a beast

I can't wait to make the changes! The on problem is that I can't find any of the cards or else they would already be in my deck!

Red card, Delinquent, Max out stadium count. The three things that make this deck something to be dealt with in the standard format. Run 4-4-4 of those.

I don't like psychics first eye or the large count of lysandres. You have a lot of room to make additional changes to the deck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your list is all over the place. Get a higher count of VS Seeker and Ultra Ball. Get rid of Giovani, Skyla and Psychic's eye. If you say you don't have the cards, wait till you have them or write a theoretical list first.

To answer your questions, I see where you're coming from but look. When you're playing the Pokémon TCG every deck you battle is different, some decks run abilities and some don't so it's a choice you're probably going to have to make. I'll take Silent Lab into account when I complete this deck. Thanks for the recommendations!

On paper, this deck looks awesome. My problem however is how often do you truly get out Empoleon. I do see a lot of supporters in this list that might be stuck in your hand that avoids an archies turn one or two. With lack of ultra balls, it would seem kinda hard to get out your empoleon. Test this deck out and let me know how easy it is to get out empoleon. Because without the basic evolution piplup, I see some possible downfalls for the deck.

Additionally, on a side note. I would suggest to include one more water energy onto seismitoad and switch all the energies to basic energy and keep the DCE. The added water energy can load up a possible second seimsiotad that could attack with grenade hammer. The reason for this is if you run against a giratina matchup and they happen to get just one attack off, your toads are going to be left without a single attack off because you won't be able to play special energies.

Back