• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Night March on Steroids

PokeDad5

Aspiring Trainer
What can you possibly need from your discard pile that you had to use a skyla to get another puzzle? Seems like a waste to me when you think about it.

Peter Torres

Aspiring Trainer
However, I wouldn't burn a supporter just to search for time puzzel. Skyla can only be used to search for trainers and not DCE or energies if needed (which is usually the case the deck has). Also, If play tested Im not sure how many time pieces to run. I am willing to test them in the deck, however I do not know how many to run. Let me know what needs to change so i can test the deck out to see if it is good.

PokeDad5

Aspiring Trainer
I still dont see the need or purpose of having those in this deck. I dont see anything you would need to get back.

awesomeMSG

Just a guy who wants to master Greninja BREAK
You're going to burn cards to find puzzles just to get a DCE?! Play teammates...
If you feel that way maybe he can play a 2/2 line of Milotic instead of time puzzle. DCEs aren't going to have an infinite amount in a deck and hammers are getting more popular so recovering DCEs are important.

Peter Torres

Aspiring Trainer
But the major threat is Giratina, and that seems to be my hardest matchup. Thats why I preferred the bronzong to avoid the special energy lock. Milotic can bring the DCE but if i can't attach it, theres no use.

PokeDad5

Aspiring Trainer
If you see a giratina in play and can't take off one of his special energies your first turn, you should already have damage on him and he's KO'd next turn.

awesomeMSG

Just a guy who wants to master Greninja BREAK
One idea could be Maxie's Garchomp. You can attach DCEs with them not counting as attachments so Giratin's affect would pretty much be nullified.

Mora

Don't Panic
You're going to burn cards to find puzzles just to get a DCE?! Play teammates...

That works if you still have them in your deck to search for, but if you've prized one or find that you're running out, you can get them back out of the discard pile. If you're playing against something like Vespiquen and they don't play down any Shaymins, you can use a total of 6 DCE with one Puzz,e of Time. And really, there could be plenty of other things you might want out of your discard pile like a 5th VS Seeker, etc.

fr33land

Weak competitive trainer.
Here's the thing, with 4 Puzzles you can only get 4 cards from discard, presuming you make the combo twice. It'd be a little more efficient than 2-1 Milotic + 1 AZ, which would only ever net you 4 cards in 4 turns requiring the use of AZ 3 times.

Peter Torres

Aspiring Trainer
I was considering dropping a lysandre for an AZ because the fact that I run 3 shaymins and if I have a shaymin active with the only means of a retreat is a float stone, it can be useful. Additionally, if I can take back a shaymin off my bench if i included one.

fr33land

I think it's a pretty important inclusion for Shaymin EX, I definitely run one, but it has uses for Milotic also. Lysandre is just one of those things you really want access to though, tough call.

Peter Torres

Aspiring Trainer
Play testing it today, I think I will go for the lysandre over the AZ. There are more options, as far as taking easy prize cards, that are more valuable than just adding the AZ over lysandre. In 2 weeks I'm going to have another local tournament so I might be able to see which deck will come out on top. In the end, I still prefer bronzong over mitotic due to the Giratina matchup.

fr33land

Have you thought about replacing Revive with Buddy Buddy Rescue? It could then be used for Bronzong and Shaymin EX. It works better for me with Milotic and Shaymin, I run 2. They're basically the same, except you can activate Milotic and Shaymin's abilities or in your case retrieve Bronzong in case it is discarded.

I suppose it's a matter of preference as to whether you want to give your opponent the chance to pull a pokemon also.

In my short experience with this deck, getting Shaymin out of play isn't that important if you're attacking and taking prizes, they tend to have more important things to worry about to try and keep prize exchange even, but in close games it is pretty easy to lose, having one Lysandre'd and KO'd can set you back in prizes or lose the game, but it tends to be fast enough play that they need their supporter to enact their setup rather than try to get a 2 prize KO, but that is a risk, forcing a 6 KO game is one powerful aspect of Night March.

I might be tempted to drop Super Rod for AZ, since Float Stone is basically the only switch card you have aside from retreating Shaymin starts with basic energy. AZ would be a great inclusion.

Last edited:

Peter Torres

Aspiring Trainer
I was considering dropping revive for buddy buddy rescue because its a great addition because revive can't bring me a bronzong back into my hand, but buddy buddy can. I have considered adding AZ, so i will play test without super rod. Honestly, it is for just incase purposes and AZ can be reused on shaymins or a bronzong that was lysandre'd up. Thanks for the input, i appreciate it!

Destinyninja

Aspiring Trainer
I don't see the point of super rod

Milotic works wonders in night march

Imo :

-1 super rod
+1 Buddy-buddy rescue

Also find room for milotic and AZ

I could, but...

You probably wouldn't like my suggestions

fr33land

lol, that's a good signature for forums like this.

I just figure your support pokemon should be a 2-1 line at least (presuming it's a stage 1), that way if it gets KO'd and you have to Buddy-Buddy it or for some reason you AZ it to get it out of active or whatever, there's a chance you might already have the basic on the bench so you can evolve it again right away and not miss a beat.
Running a 2-2 line is sometimes asking a bit much when you're strapped for deck space I suppose, but having a second copy of that basic, especially when it's Milotic where you really want to have a Feebas benched. Bit different with Bronzong since it's ability doesn't depend on it evolving that turn. Totally different thing.

I'm not so sure having both Bronzong and Milotic is realistic. I think it really depends on how much Assault Vest is in your area. One is trying to make sure you're not reliant on DCE and the other is completely admitting that you are reliant on DCE and need more than 4 copies, basically.

Anyways, just as an interesting anecdote, my son was playing our NM deck in an expanded tourney recently and was losing soooo bad. Joltik got KO'd before he even got to play his first turn when Player A drew Virbank and a Laser turn 1. In the end he AZ'd his own pokemon for the loss on turn 3 because it was the only card he could play after Quaking Punch. Soooo, far from perfect our list.

fr33land

Yeah, we just thought it was hilarious. . . he was the most junior player there by 8-10 years. It was funny that he realized that his best option was to scoop his lone pokemon and end the suffering. :)