Making a Fairy Deck w/Sylveon-EX

JimtendoPower

Lysandre's Trump Bidoof
I'm actually pretty new to the TCG, while I know the basics I still have lots to learn.
But, I'm trying to make a Fairy type deck. I'm thinking about including a secondary type, maybe Psychic?
I planning the deck to have a Sylveon EX, the new one from Pokekyun Collection.
Maybe a Wigglytuff? I don't really know exactly. If it includes Psychic, Mewtwo is a pick, for sure!
I need help!

If the card is not yet released in English, you should put a spoiler below like this:
Sylveon-EX – Fairy – HP170
Basic Pokemon

[C][C] Dress Up: 30+ damage. If this Pokemon has a Pokemon Tool card attached to it, this attack does 30 more damage.

[Y][Y][C] Precious Ribbon: 100 damage. Move 1 [Y] Energy attached to this Pokemon to 1 of your Benched Pokemon. Then, heal 50 damage from that Benched Pokemon.

When a Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: Darkness (-20)
Retreat: 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Moved from the "What Deck Should I Play" thread into its own thread as the OP is looking for specific deck building advice over deck choosing advice.

To be honest, the Sylveon is not an all to great EX. However, f you're not looking at competitive play and rather just playing casually/for fun, then Sylveon could be an interesting choice.

Sylveon has an attack that can heal a nice amount of damage, so maybe you should make a defensive deck that sort of rotates through its attackers. Fairy is one of the best types to use this strategy with, as it has Fairy Garden for free retreat, Aromatisse to utilise energy efficiently and many healing Pokemon. So, for a strategy like this, you will want cards that can decrease damage dealt and increase HP, but also can hit hard. I probably wouldn't go for Wigglytuff, as there isn't too much advantage preventing attacking for your strategy.

Cards that I would definitely put into the deck include Fairy Garden, Aromatisse, and Fighting Spirit Belt and/or Hard Charm and/or Assault Vest. I would actually recommend M-Rayquaza-EX Max, M-Mewtwo-EX or M-Gardevoir-EX as they all have significantly high HP while dealing nice amount sof damage. This means you can use Sylveon to heal damage from the Mega to keep it from being KO'd. If you go with the M-Rayquaza route (or even M-Mewtwo!), you may like to try using the Slowking from BREAKpoint, to disrupt your opponent further. You may also want to run Jynx FuF in a M-Rayquaza variant and a couple of Basic Xerneas to get energy up in either variant.

To be honest, the Sylveon is not an all to great EX. However, f you're not looking at competitive play and rather just playing casually/for fun, then Sylveon could be an interesting choice.

Sylveon has an attack that can heal a nice amount of damage, so maybe you should make a defensive deck that sort of rotates through its attackers. Fairy is one of the best types to use this strategy with, as it has Fairy Garden for free retreat, Aromatisse to utilise energy efficiently and many healing Pokemon. So, for a strategy like this, you will want cards that can decrease damage dealt and increase HP, but also can hit hard. I probably wouldn't go for Wigglytuff, as there isn't too much advantage preventing attacking for your strategy.

Cards that I would definitely put into the deck include Fairy Garden, Aromatisse, and Fighting Spirit Belt and/or Hard Charm and/or Assault Vest. I would actually recommend M-Rayquaza-EX Max, M-Mewtwo-EX or M-Gardevoir-EX as they all have significantly high HP while dealing nice amount sof damage. This means you can use Sylveon to heal damage from the Mega to keep it from being KO'd. If you go with the M-Rayquaza route (or even M-Mewtwo!), you may like to try using the Slowking from BREAKpoint, to disrupt your opponent further. You may also want to run Jynx FuF in a M-Rayquaza variant and a couple of Basic Xerneas to get energy up in either variant.
Mostly Just for fun! But, this deck is not made for competitive play. I plan on making competitive decks in the future though!

I'd definitely play Aromatisse XY with fairy-Fairy Transfer allows Fairy Energy to be moved around how many times you like when it's your turn. Rainbow Energy also count as any energy when played, so Aromatisse can move a Special Energy around if needed. Baby Xerneas (Basic Xerneas from XY) can use Geomancy to get fairy energy out from deck. M-Gardevoir/Gardevoir-EX might be useful to play, given the amount of fairy energy needed. Max Potions are also useful as you can use Armoatisse ability to move the energy off, heal with Max Potion, then put it back on.

The problem with Fairy decks at the moment is that they don't hit as hard as other decks, such as Lucario/Manectric/Toad etc. It can be useful against bats if you can heal with Sylveon/Max Potion so they fill their bench up with bats and have to use scoop ups/AZ to contiously out damage down. You could add Assualt Vests, Hard Charms, Muscle Bands etc so that there is a bit more power behind them (or they have to work a bit more to get more damage down on you)

I'd definitely play Aromatisse XY with fairy-Fairy Transfer allows Fairy Energy to be moved around how many times you like when it's your turn. Rainbow Energy also count as any energy when played, so Aromatisse can move a Special Energy around if needed. Baby Xerneas (Basic Xerneas from XY) can use Geomancy to get fairy energy out from deck. M-Gardevoir/Gardevoir-EX might be useful to play, given the amount of fairy energy needed. Max Potions are also useful as you can use Armoatisse ability to move the energy off, heal with Max Potion, then put it back on.

The problem with Fairy decks at the moment is that they don't hit as hard as other decks, such as Lucario/Manectric/Toad etc. It can be useful against bats if you can heal with Sylveon/Max Potion so they fill their bench up with bats and have to use scoop ups/AZ to contiously out damage down. You could add Assualt Vests, Hard Charms, Muscle Bands etc so that there is a bit more power behind them (or they have to work a bit more to get more damage down on you)
I was just experimenting with the Fairy type because it is the latest I realize that it's not that good in competitive play and Pokemon Company needs to print stronger Fairy types. I'm also looking forward to Pokekyun Collection for the same reason. It's meant to be used somewhat competitively but definitely not that hard.

Some good ways to make this deck is by using tool cards such as Assault Vest, Head Ringer, Jamming Net, and Fighting Fury Belt to either reduce damage, increase HP, or make your opponent take longer to set up. In my opinion if you're going to use Sylveon EX, I would surround it with ways to ensure it can heal a fair amount of damage to increase is survivability.

I currently run a Fairy/Rainbow Energy deck based mostly around Geomancy Xerneas (XY Base set), Fairy Transfer Aromatisse (XY Base set) with M Gardevoir EX and Aegislash EX as my main attackers (Aegislash does more with Rainbow Energy attached) and a surprise tech of Manaphy EX for the free retreat when Rainbow Energy is attached and am very set on trying out Sylveon EX in the deck when it comes out.

I think your best bet is definitely as mentioned to rotate between Sylveons soaking up all damage. Floral Crown from the new Generations set could work nicely along with Sylveon EX also for the healing theme (or Fighting Fury Belt to just plain give it 40 more health):
Floral Crown
At the end of your opponent’s turn, you may heal 20 damage from the Basic Pokemon this card is attached to.

You can try a Mega Mewtwo Y/ Fairy Deck using Double Colorless Energy and Fairy Energy.
My first theme deck was Resilient Life and I had a lot of fun playing Aromatisse/ Xerneas/ Xerneas EX/ Mewtwo X Ball when I started playing last year.

Back