• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Deck Shredder (Durant / Garbodor)

Plasma Dragon

Until the end of time
Pokémon: 8
  • 4 Durant (BKP)
  • 2 Garbodor (BKP)
  • 2 Trubbish (BKP)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 43
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Bridgette
  • 2 Teammates
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 2 Delinquent
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Super Rod
  • 4 Max Elixir
  • 3 Red Card
  • 4 Roller Skates
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 3 Trainers Mail
  • 2 Team Magma's Secret Base
  • 3 Parallel City
Energy: 9
  • 6 Grass Energy
  • 3 Rainbow Energy
Strategy:

This new Durant they have printed has a lot in common with the one back in Nobel Victories. They both discard around 4 cards per turn, they both have 70HP, and they both have one retreat cost. But the one thing that the Nobel Victories Durant didn't have was Delinquent. With Delinquent we can now (if the opponent has 3 or more cards) discard 7 cards from your opponent 4 from the deck and 3 from there hand. So I am going to break down the math for your first turn, a 60 card deck minus a players starting hand and six prizes is 47 cards, if you go second and use both Durant and Delinquent then they are down to 40 just on your first turn! That's pretty crazy because they are already 2/6 through there deck! Garbodor is here for locking. And we have a bunch of stadiums for the Delinquent to discard. Max Elixir is for a turn 1 Durrant. And Rainbow/Team Magma's Secret Base is for damaging your Durrants. Red Card + Delinquent = your opponent has only one card in there hand. Super Rod is for more Durrants and basic energy.

Anyway that's my list thanks for looking!

Mao999

Aspiring Trainer
i have a large interest in mill decks, but can i suggest some changes?
You need some draw support, including at least one shaymin would be useful for that!
I also noticed that there are too much stadiums, use a tech of 2 base/1 parallel :)
Remember that a good mill/troll deck needs to disturb your opponent, even negating it's attacks!
In this case you need to destroy normal energies and even special ones.
in my old Houndoom Deck, i used to play 3 Team Flare Grunt and 4 crushing hammers!

CottonTail

Human, please go.
I enjoy the idea of having Team Flare grunt/Crushing and Enhance Hammer along with the deck. I would do 1 Team Flare Grunt, 3 Crushing hammers and 1 Enhance Hammer. You'll be discarding up to 3 energies and possibly 4 for major draw back. Also, think about squeezing in a Shauna and Prof. Birch as you really need some draw power to refresh your hand for a better setup or Judge/Ace Trainer as defense.

Draaka

Aspiring Trainer
You need a bunnelby or two to regain lost rainbow energies/stadiums and occasionally mill one or two.

Plasma Dragon

Until the end of time
How about this this?

-2 Parallel City
-2 Teammates
-1 Supper Rod
-2 Max Elixir

+3 Crushing Hammer
+1 Enhanced Hammer
+1 Team Flare Grunt
+1 Bunnelby
+1 Shaymin EX

Also Garbodor, is he worth keeping in?
Other than that I am not to sure what else to take out.

asdjklghty

-------------
How about this this?

-2 Parallel City
-2 Teammates
-1 Supper Rod
-2 Max Elixir

+3 Crushing Hammer
+1 Enhanced Hammer
+1 Team Flare Grunt
+1 Bunnelby
+1 Shaymin EX

Also Garbodor, is he worth keeping in?
Other than that I am not to sure what else to take out.
Roller Skates are useless. I think you should add another Crushing Hammer, 1 more Enhanced Hammer, and 2 more Delinquent. Rememeber you can only mill 4 with the attack once you have 2 Energy attachments. More hammers can stall you out. You also can remove a Grass Energy for another VS Seeker.

Plasma Dragon

Until the end of time
Roller Skates are useless. I think you should add another Crushing Hammer, 1 more Enhanced Hammer, and 2 more Delinquent. Rememeber you can only mill 4 with the attack once you have 2 Energy attachments. More hammers can stall you out. You also can remove a Grass Energy for another VS Seeker.

Looks good?

-2 Parallel City
-2 Teammates
-1 Supper Rod
-2 Max Elixir
-4 Roller Skates
-1 Grass Energy

+4 Crushing Hammer
+2 Enhanced Hammer
+1 Team Flare Grunt
+1 Bunnelby
+1 Shaymin EX
+2 Delinquent
+1 VS Seeker

Draaka

Aspiring Trainer
If you are gonna play hammers then you can make them a million times better by having at least one head ringer.

Durant Disruption Turbo (DDT)

Pokemon 9

4 durant

1 bunnelby

2 Shaymin EX

2-2 Garbodour

Supporters 9

4 Sycamore

2 Delinquent

1 Xerosic

2 Lysander

Items 29

3 VS seekers

2 Ultra ball

2 Level ball

3 Rollerskates

3 Acrobike

3 Trainersmail

4 Redcard

4 Trickshovel

3 Max elixir

2 Float Stone

Stadium 4

3 Parallel city

1 Team Magma’s secret base

Energy 9

5 Grass Energy

4 Rainbow Energy

Durant Disruption Denial (DDD)

Pokemon 9

4 durant

1 bunnelby

2 Shaymin EX

2-2 Garbodour

Supporters 9

4 Sycamore

2 Delinquent

1 Xerosic

1 Lysander

1 Team Flare Grunt

Items 29

3 VS seekers

4 Ultra ball

3 Crushing Hammer

2 Enhanced Hammer

2 Head Ringer

3 Trainersmail

2 Redcard

4 Trickshovel

3 Max elixir

2 Float Stone

Stadium 4

3 Parallel city

1 Team Magma’s secret base

Energy 9

5 Grass Energy

4 Rainbow Energy

Here are two lists I think have potential enough to be worth play testing.

PokeDad5

Aspiring Trainer
I believe all that was said is correct. Basically you're not looking to trade prizes, but you want to have the pokemon available to do the milling. (duh right?) In the event you have a durant or 2 prized that'll leave you with 2 to mill, and they're not beefy. You'll need the bunnelby's to aid in that avenue. Trickshovels will give you some additional milling power, but addionally what was said above is true. You have to have the energy removal cards available to give you time to complete your milling. It's really all a math game in how long you have to mill their deck. Taking out the probable fact that they'll play a sycamore, battle compressor, Shaymin or anything that'll further dwindle their deck down for you, you're looking at 12 turns with just Durant. So lets add in what you already have, 4 trick shovels and 2 delinquents is 10 additional cards discarded bringing their deck size to 37 cards or 9.25 turns (not including possible additional delinquent plays with VS seekers). Lets also add in that they'll be drawing cards per turns. We'll just throw in 5 turns, so an additional 5 cards removed brings it down to 32 cards, but still will be 8 turns for you to completely mill their deck. It's very safe to assume most decks will Sycamore, Shaymin, or battle compressor cards for you, so realistically if you hit the cards you need, a complete mill of their deck in 5 turns is more realistic.

I've tested a few durant decks and for the most part I haven't been a fan of the decks. Even against a night march deck I struggled getting the energies I needed to continue to mill once 1 or 2 of my durants were OHKO'd.

AgroSIC

Aspiring Trainer
I've been recently fascinated with putting this deck together. With something like Misty's Determination in Standard, I'm having no problem pulling Rainbow energies for Durant. My main tank is Virizion from Ancient Origins. I've included Battle Compressor to toss out whatever I need and use Virizion and VS Seeker to reclaim them. Toss a Float Stone on Virizion, throw in a partially damaged Durant, and let the milling begin!

I'll follow this thread and post more as I evolve it, but right now I'm loving how it's coming along.

PokeDad5

Aspiring Trainer
Unsure of why you're using Virizion in a milling deck. That gives your opponent the upper hand to win the prize card race even fast than you can mill. I'm strictly bunnelby's and durants for milling, and the rest of my cards are stall/disrupt cards. That way if I get KO'd it's only 1 prize instead of 2 and the milling continues

GreenPariah

Aspiring Trainer
I would Get Rid Of Garbs, and Grab 4 Puzzle of Time, being able to PoT to get Trick shovels, red cards, and deliequents back, then rototiller with bunnelby could be particularly useful once you have a good lock from your durants. Also even being able to play one PoT to fix the next three cards is an amazing utility in this type of deck, where making sure you getting what you need is necessary to win.

AgroSIC

Aspiring Trainer
Unsure of why you're using Virizion in a milling deck. That gives your opponent the upper hand to win the prize card race even fast than you can mill. I'm strictly bunnelby's and durants for milling, and the rest of my cards are stall/disrupt cards. That way if I get KO'd it's only 1 prize instead of 2 and the milling continues

I'm just using Virizion because I had it laying around and I can't cough up the $$$ for Shaymin-EX right now. His main uses are that he can take a hit, and the ability to bring back 2 from the discard pile has proven very useful so far.

Also, using AOR Virizion, not Virizion-EX.

Asmer

Keep the High Tide on the Flipside
It honestly bothers me that no one has suggested Fighting Fury Belt nor Assault Vest in any form. Both provide one of the best things for Mill Decks: The extra survival of your Millers. Fighting Fury Belt is especially great in this deck because it allows you to take two hits from Yveltal XY and, more importantly, Seismitoad EX (both with Muscle Band), who will ruin you otherwise (Item Lock is typically terribad for Mill).

Still, your list is definitely shaping up. Keep up the Milling!

-Asmer

PokeDad5

Aspiring Trainer
Mill decks arent made to survive. They're made to mill the opponents deck as quickly as possible. Why waste space to stay alive longer if your main goal is to mill. You already have the cards to slow down/ stall their attack, why waste space trying to keep a durant alive? Only issue I see is with no Bunnelby's, if you have a durant or 2 prized your mill power has now been stopped because you wont be getting any prizes.

Asmer

You put in things like Puzzle of Time and Fighting Fury Belt to increase the number of potential mills you can perform...
...of all people, I would figure someone who discusses Mill on my thread would come to that realization. :p

Also, while you do have the ability to stall Seismitoad EX fairly easily (theoretically), you still can easily lose to unlucky draws and a First Turn Quaking Punch. Also, Dark + Fun Things is much harder to deter with that kind of strategy, which is one of the many reasons Mill isn't Top Tier, even with Puzzle of Time.

PokeDad5

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not sold on puzzle of time. Not a fan of it. Ultimately you'll only need a turn or 2 from each durant plus a red card/ delinquent combo and your opponent is screwed. Nothing to worry about Toad with running hammers, grunt or Xerosic.

Asmer

I will admit that I personally prefer Puzzle of Time with Sableye/Bunnelby more, simply because of the consistent interaction you can have with Sableye and Puzzle of Time. I also like it a lot with Night March because of your ability to obtain whatever you need from your already filled Discard Pile. I suppose this deck needs it a bit less, considering the 4 Mill Attack is alway going to cost 2 Energy, but you are able to recycle them with Bunnelby and being able to pull back extra Supporters (specifically Energy Denial) and things like Rainbow Energy (for the 1 Damage Counter) seems pretty awesome. That said, 4 spots can be a lot for a card like that, so I can see why you may not want it.

On the topic of Toad, 99% of intelligent Toad players will only use DCE on a turn they can attack. Red Card and Delinquent is a powerful combo, yes, but it is also a combo. While PTCG is one of the better games for combos, you will not have it every game. Remember that you have to win 2 out of 3 for, typically, 7+ rounds plus Top 8. Some form of consistency MUST be considered when taking a deck to a tournament, whether it's through actual build consistency or the surprise factor effect.

Still, on a positive note, the fact that we do have things like Xerosic, Grunts, etc. allows this deck, and mill in general, to be viable. That is more than we could say about a lot of other games. Still, to the OP, try things out. In all reality, the best way to build a deck is to test it over and over. Not only will you be able to see what you feel works in general, you will find what works for you specifically. It's why I prefer discussions over "deck fixing". It removes the mentality of "right and wrong" from the conversation and focuses on what is most important: Personal Preference.

Regardless, let's continue to discuss all sorts of ideas and hopefully, our OP can find a suitable formula to win a few tournaments. ^^

PokeDad5

Aspiring Trainer
Very true Toad will only play a DCE on a turn they're attacking. But it sure sucks to only do 30/50 dmg and lose your DCE next turn by Grunt or Xerosic. Plus who knows, out of the 4 cards you mill him next turn another DCE may be in that discard pile in the end.