Discussion Tips to counter Seismitoad EX / Giratina EX and Trevenant?

gcardoso

Dreamer Player
Hi, i'm thinking about decks on Standard that can counter or make a good matchup against this locking and disruption decks..

Can someone help or have some kind of idea besides mirror ?

Well for toadtina just play 1 jirachi xy67. Trevenant isn't that popular but if you do run into it, yveltal/zoroark has a really good matchup aainst it. Yveltal/zoroark can also beat toadtina.

well yeah i already though about yveltal , the problem is that i dont own the cards and they are kinda expensive , besides there will be manectrics in the tournament..

Hex Maniac for Trevenant is usually strong. This means you need to rely on opening with it or drawing into it. If you're really worried, play two. You can VS Seeker for them during the turn you Hex so you can stream them, giving you consistent turns with Items.

Unfortunately there isn't a deck that effectively guards against everything, otherwise everyone would be playing it!
Jirachi XY67 is good for taking that DCE off of Toad, and with no effective way of bringing special back Toad shouldn't be much of a problem with that. Hell it'd slow Giritina down if you got it out fast because of Double Dragon
Don't forget it's only Megas that can't attack Giritina, so it'd make no difference if you don't play them.
Yveltal EX is only $4-6 dollars for the promo, Zoroark is a little more but the more people buy the boosters the more there will be

Hex Maniac for Trevenant is usually strong. This means you need to rely on opening with it or drawing into it. If you're really worried, play two. You can VS Seeker for them during the turn you Hex so you can stream them, giving you consistent turns with Items.

it's not enough consistent, since ur getting item locked and u had to get luck on the draw to have hex maniac and have enough energys and good attacker to do 110 - 160 hp on trevenant. but on toads yeah , i normally run 1 in every deck.

Unfortunately there isn't a deck that effectively guards against everything, otherwise everyone would be playing it!
Jirachi XY67 is good for taking that DCE off of Toad, and with no effective way of bringing special back Toad shouldn't be much of a problem with that. Hell it'd slow Giritina down if you got it out fast because of Double Dragon
Don't forget it's only Megas that can't attack Giritina, so it'd make no difference if you don't play them.
Yveltal EX is only $4-6 dollars for the promo, Zoroark is a little more but the more people buy the boosters the more there will be

True.. I'll try to put the Jirachi there, though i need some luck to get him in my first or second turn and attack with him. The problem with Yveltal will be the Manectrics . but yeah i will see what i can do..

True.. I'll try to put the Jirachi there, though i need some luck to get him in my first or second turn and attack with him. The problem with Yveltal will be the Manectrics . but yeah i will see what i can do..

You could always put Hawlucha in there, special energy and muscle band to Manectric is enough to knock out

Back