• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Durant / Bunnelby / Houndoom EX

HotTorchic

Hot Torchic
Pokémon:
  • 4 Durant
  • 3 Bunnelby Ancient Trait
  • 2 Houndoom EX
  • 1 Shaymin EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 Trick Shovel
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Professor's Letter
  • 2 Skyla
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Puzzle Of Time
  • 3 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 2 Trainers' Mail
  • 1 Switch
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 1 Pokémon Catcher
  • 1 Shauna
  • 1 Brigette
  • 1 Misty's Determination
  • 1 Giovanni's Scheme
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Psychic's Third Eye
  • 1 Judge
  • 2 Delinquent
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer
Energy:
  • 3 Rainbow Energy
  • 3 Fire Energy
  • 6 Grass Energy
Strategy:

Is there any chance you guys could look over this and tell me what I can do to improve this? I just made it with the new set and really want to use it in my next LC!

There's a good chance Durant might not be in the active slot. Bunnelby or Houndoom will take the spotlight as the main millers (Dont think that's a word) since their attack is a one drop energy. Focus more on those two as Durant will be a sub in case both Houndooms are in Prize since you run 2 of them. Pokemon list is fine, but it seems you lack a bit in suitable Trainers.

Take out list:
-1 Psychics Third Eye: I'd prefer to keep the cards in my hand to either be reshuffle or use for an ultra (For Shaymin)
-1 Giovanni's Scheme: 20+ extra damage is nice, but this deck is more focus on milling than attacking.
-1 Misty's Determination: Her determination isnt as great as mine!!
-1 Pokemon Catcher
-1 Professor's Letter
-3 Rainbow Energy: Works as a situational one drop energy for Houndoom/Bunnelby if a fire energy wont come up, but it's not necessary.
-1 Judge: Like P. Third Eye, you do want to keep your hand if you like it.
-1 Pokemon Catcher
-3 Level Balls: Brigette will bring Durant and Bunnelby out quickly without the help of Level Ball.
-1 Trick Shovel: Cant have too much or too little. 3 seems to be the magic number for some game changing cards.
-1 Fighting Fury Belt
-1 Sacred Ashe
Slots open: 16

Possible ideas:
+1 Shauna
+2 Professor's Birch
+3 Crushing Hammers
+1 Team flare grunt
+3 Fire Energy
+1 Red Card: Delinquent will be a bigger threat and will cause a major set-back to your opponent's game. And if you havent figure it out; 4 - 3 = 1. Yay for math.
+2 Team Magma's Secret Base: Not only it'll provide you to use Delinquent, but it'll give the easy damage counters to your Durant... and everyone else.. Uuhh..
+3 Puzzle of Time: 4 Puzzles = 2 VS Seekers; expect you get whatever you want. What a deal.

Slots open: None. (Complete deck)

I would like to apologize for the many -1 of's. Judging from the list, you wanna make a some-what affordable deck. And hopefully my explanation isn't that confusing for the reason why I took out/put in some cards. I could probably understand the addition of Misty's determination in a scenario:

Cards in Hand: Misty's Determination, X, X, X, X and Ultra Ball. Play Ultra Ball for Shaymin EX, play Misty's Determination BEFORE putting Shaymin for cards you want.

Something like that. Any thoughts of the change?

In the case of the rainbow energy. When you play a rainbow energy you put 1 damage counter onto the Pokemon. So I thought it could be used to put the damage onto durant as opposed to the Magma Secret base.

-2 Secret Base for +2 Rainbow energy. Positive most decks do run stadium cards so Delinquent is much of a dead weight in the deck. Or keep the original +3 Rainbow energy idea and take out one other card.

I run both magmas base and rainbow energy. But i also run bronzong and smeargle. This deck can work, but you don't need houndoom. He's dead weight and gives your opponent 2 prize cards. Stick to basics. You also won't need fury belts and puzzle.

Back