• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Manectric EX / Lucario EX / Crobat

PlinfaTheBest

Plinfa means Piplup in German!
Hi everyone, here is my take on Manectric/Fighting in Standard!

Pokémon: 18
  • 3 Manectric EX
  • 3 Lucario EX
  • 4 Zubat
  • 3 Golbat
  • 2 Crobat
  • 2 Shaymin EX
  • 1 Smeargle
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 32
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Korinna
  • 1 Giovanni's Scheme
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 3 Super Scoop Up
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 3 Fighting Stadium
Energy: 10
  • 4 Lightning Energy
  • 6 Fighting Energy
Strategy:

The basic strategy is to overcome Manectric/Crobat decks, as you can easily absorb damage with the Mega and then KO their Manectric with Lucario. If the bats follow, your Manectric comes in again and saves the day!
First, I thought I just play Lucario/Bats, but then I realized I couldn't do anything against the bats of my opponent, any suggestions on this question are also appreciated!
The matchups I'm worried about though are Night March and Toad variants (mainly Toad/Tina). Yveltal/Zoroark/Gallade isn't played often in my area, so I want to know how my matchups are going against those. I also made a Manectric/Lucario/Bats deck, please check it out, too! Please help me quickly, I need a deck for a tournament on Saturday morning!

Last edited:

GolurkChamp2597

Long Time Champion
The only issue I see is that Lucario relies on the support of strong energies, muscle bands, etc. Manectric is quick setup and disruptive with head Ringer and hammers. Lucario can stack damage but he requires too much focus.

Brown_Unibrow

Aspiring Trainer
Looks very good. One thing I'd say is I recommend lowering your count on fighting stadiums. A lot of decks run only 2-3 stadiums and most run Fighting Stadium anyways (Garchomp, Gallade, Lucario, Machamp EX.) Heck, some decks run zero stadiums.I think you can get away with three. In replacement I'd put in another Trainers Mail. With more trainers mail you can get your stadium out quicker OR anything else you need.
Other than that, it looks very good. Good luck at wherever you're playing this