• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Raticate BREAK / Ariados

kharrison569

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:
  • 3 Rattata
  • 3 Raticate
  • 3 Raticate Break
  • 3 Spinarak
  • 3 Ariados
  • 2 Machamp EX
  • 2 Remoraid
  • 2 Octillery
Trainers / Supporters / Stadiums:
  • 3 Winona
  • 2 Tierno
  • 2 Wally
  • 3 Korrina
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Psychic Mind Readings
  • 2 Fighting Spirit Belt
  • 2 Forest of Giant Plants
  • 2 Switch
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 3 VS Seeker
Energy:
  • 6 Fighting Energy
  • 3 Double Colorless Energy
  • 4 Strong Energy
Strategy:

With Machamp EX's second attack Crazy Hammer it does 80 more damage to the opposing Pokemon and removes the special condition from himself. The problem I see is the 10 HP you lose by being poisoned.

Thoughts?

The problem I see is the 10 HP you lose by being poisoned.

You don't lose any health from being poisoned, poison is only added on in between turns. Crazy hammer states that you remove all special condition at the end of your turn.

Pokemon:
3 Rattata
3 Raticate
3 Raticate Break
3 Spinarak
3 Ariados
2 Machamp EX
2 Remoraid
2 Octillery

Trainers / Supporters / Stadiums:

2 Winona
2 Shauna
2 Wally
2 Korrina
1 Lysandre
2 Psychic Mind Readings
2 Fighting Spirit Belt
3 Forest of Giant Plants
2 Switch
1 Professor's Letter
2 Ultra Ball
3 Level Ball
3 VS Seeker

Energy:
6 Fighting Energy
3 Double Colorless Energy
4 Strong Energy

Okay...I built this deck online and I am having some success with it. I made some changes that may speed up the play and ability to get cards out of your deck.

+1 Winona
+2 Tierno
-2 Shauna
+1 Korrina
-1 Psychic Mind Readings
-1 Forest of Giant Plants

As I said I am having some success with it. A lot of the online TCG players concede once I get Aridos and Raticate Break loaded. Octillery does come in handy at times.

Thoughts?

New tech idea of mine for this deck is BKP Heatmor. For 1 energy and a FFB you're OHKOing Vespiquen and 2HKOing non-Mega Fire-weak EXs such as Grass and Metal, which can otherwise counter Ariados (Metal with Steel Shelter). Maybe worth a look!

Back