• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Fighting / Garchomp

rsoldham

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon: 10
  • 2 Hawlucha
  • 3 Landorus
  • 2 Lucario EX
  • 2 Garchomp
  • 1 Shaymin EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 39
  • 1 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Korrina
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 2 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 2 Focus Sash
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 Battle Compressor
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Acro Bike
  • 1 Switch
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 1 Maintainence
  • 2 Fighting Stadium
  • 2 Max Elixir
Energy: 11
  • 7 Fighting Energy
  • 4 Strong Energy
Strategy:

Start with Hawlucha or Landorus with a strong energy and Maxie for a Garchomp. Accelerate to Garchomp, which you can later use
attach a strong energy to anything. Garchomp destroys EX decks and focus
sash allows Hawlucha or Garchomp to take hits from Night Marchers or
other non-ex decks and puts the prize trade in your favor. The core of this deck
is very solid but you could definitely make some adjustments for a given meta.

Where are your card-draw Supporters (Birch, Sycamore, Shauna, etc)?? Should you opponent Item-lock you T1, you will be at a very serious disadvantage.

Only 2 Garchomp may not be sufficient to sustain an entire game. Have you tested 2 Landorus and 3 Garchomp yet?

If I were you, I would scrap one of the attackers, and Maxie and add the rest of the Evo like. I'm probably going to run this with lucario, due to the fact that it can attack with such low energy cost

Item-lock is a definite weakness of this deck, as is the case for any Maxie/Archie item-heavy deck. Draw-supporters would clog up my hand and
prevent a T1 Maxie, Maxie is my draw supporter. Another Sycamore could be used in place of one of the other supporters but the overall number of supporters
is probably about right.

I played with 3 Garchomp at first but it was just another card i needed to compressor away or get out of my hand. Easy to just Maxie a KO'd Garchomp.

I probably don't need 3 Landorus, I just prefer to start with it so that could defenitely be an adjustment since it's damage output is not the best.

-3 Landorus

Really no need for him. Your other attackers have cheap attack costs so you don't need his acceleration.
I personally would rather have more consistency with attackers.

Garchomp is very weak in terms of health. Focus Sash can allow him to last another turn. You'll need more Garchomps if you plan to be able to stream them.

Lucario EX is a great attacker also. He can draw cards and do high damage too!

Hawlucha is not as important so keep two. He is very useful with free retreat and good damage to EX's as long as he has some special attachments. Strong Energy, Focus Sash, and Fighting Stadium are enough to give Hawlucha enough damage and health to KO an EX Pokemon.

+1 Garchomp
+1 Lucario EX
+1 Focus Sash

Back