• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Ho-Oh EX / Victini EX

ulrich

Aspiring Trainer
for fun ho oh ex deck - any ideas to make it better?

Pokémon:
  • 4 Ho-Oh EX
  • 2 Smeargle
  • 3 Shaymin EX
  • 2 Victini EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Time Puzzle
  • 4 Max Elixir
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Winona
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Energy Switch
  • 1 Skyla
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 1 Switch
  • 1 Scramble Switch
  • 1 Energy Retrieval
Energy:
  • 4 Water Energy
  • 4 Lightning Energy
  • 4 Grass Energy
  • 5 Fire Energy
Strategy:

Thread moved from the TCG Help & Advice to the Deck Garage as the OP is looking for advice on a full 6o-card decklist, rather than an incomplete decklist. ~bbninjas

I'm currently testing this with bats, but mega man is an option too. The biggest problem obviously is set up. It seems as though you do have the Needed max elixir. Time puzzles are good to get back those and dead birds. I think a fun deck might be yveltal ho-oh smeargle. You can use battle compressor and attatch a dark from the discard to ho-oh. Then when ho oh gets 3-4 energies on it, you can either choose to run Zoroark and stand in, or just switch into ho oh getting rid of the darkness energies with smeargle and switch it with what you need. (I forgot that you can only use smeargle once per turn, so energy attachment is crucial that you do it with the correct types)
With that said, this deck can be very clunky with all those smeargles on the bench just waiting to be Lysandred. I think this could work, but I have yet to test it and build it lol

I'm currently testing this with bats, but mega man is an option too. The biggest problem obviously is set up. It seems as though you do have the Needed max elixir. Time puzzles are good to get back those and dead birds. I think a fun deck might be yveltal ho-oh smeargle. You can use battle compressor and attatch a dark from the discard to ho-oh. Then when ho oh gets 3-4 energies on it, you can either choose to run Zoroark and stand in, or just switch into ho oh getting rid of the darkness energies with smeargle and switch it with what you need. (I forgot that you can only use smeargle once per turn, so energy attachment is crucial that you do it with the correct types)
With that said, this deck can be very clunky with all those smeargles on the bench just waiting to be Lysandred. I think this could work, but I have yet to test it and build it lol

i tried it out for a week and it was way to clunky.... then i took out the 4 time puzzles and 1 vs seeker to add 2 more Victini ex, 1 more fire energy and 2 more fighting fury - the change was amazing - so fast setup every time - late game switching and healing on the bench - it really works now - took 10 out of 10 possible wins this weekend;=) the hex maniac gave me 2 wins against safeguarders, so ill keep it in - people were really curious Ho-oh ex worked;=) now im thinking to put in 1 weakness policy instead of 1 fighting fury - just in case

i tried it out for a week and it was way to clunky.... then i took out the 4 time puzzles and 1 vs seeker to add 2 more Victini ex, 1 more fire energy and 2 more fighting fury - the change was amazing - so fast setup every time - late game switching and healing on the bench - it really works now - took 10 out of 10 possible wins this weekend;=) the hex maniac gave me 2 wins against safeguarders, so ill keep it in - people were really curious Ho-oh ex worked;=) now im thinking to put in 1 weakness policy instead of 1 fighting fury - just in case
At my league I picked up a few togekiss ex, and that might be cool as well, since you don't really have as much of a need for the battle compressors or smeargles, so that opens some options. Fairy garden is one option, so you can retreat for free into ur birdie, float stone to switch the togekiss. I think 4 are necessary to have and you can get rid of some when you charge up ho oh via balls or compressors. I will possibly take out yveltal and do that. If I do I will let you guys know how it works. Ps, Incase you don't know, togekiss allows you to attach an energy from your hand for one fairy energy and does 20 damage.

Back