• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Xerneas Rainbow Force

DooPeDee

Aspiring Trainer
Hi! I'm new to PB and to playing in the Expanded format. I wanted to build something from my standard deck into expanded to use in tourney, but on a budget. I want to since they are sometimes officiated in Expanded. So here's my decklist (BW-BREAKPoint):

EDIT:
*HUGE UPDATE* This is now my build (BW-BREAKThrough). I decided to change the build drastically having found out Regionals won't allow BREAKPoint, and I plan to attend. Please let me know what you think of this build.

CONCEPT: The idea is to make a colorful bench and attack for a maximum of 230 damage. (10 Base+(30x6types on bench)+20(muscle band)+20(Faded Town). Accelerate with eelektrik/compressor. Both exs in the deck arent required to be benched, but only if needed. Golurk, albeit 1-1, is pretty nice as it is 2 types at once and can potentially attack for weaknesses.

Pokémon: 16
  • 2 Smeargle BKT 123
  • 4 Xerneas BKT 107
  • 1 Exeggcute PLF 4
  • 2 Tynamo PRC 62
  • 2 Eelektrik NVI 40
  • 1 Jirachi PR-XY XY67
  • 1 Jirachi-EX PLB 60
  • 1 Golett AOR 34
  • 1 Golurk AOR 35
  • 1 Keldeo-EX LTR 45
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 33
  • 1 Switch
  • 2 N
  • 1 Faded Town
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Team Flare Grunt
  • 2 Colress
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 3 Brigette
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Muscle Band
  • 1 Master Ball
  • 3 Battle Compressor
  • 1 Revive
Energy: 11
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 4 Fairy Energy
  • 3 Lightning Energy
Strategy:

Used to have Golurk with Double Type before as a 1-1 line. Putting it back in WOULD increase the damage cap to 250 if the stars align. Suggestions/feedback are welcome. Remember, I'm trying to keep it on a budget. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Expanded Xern.JPG
    Expanded Xern.JPG
    356.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I love budget decks! lol

I suppose shaymin would disqualify it being budget, so I will refrain from shaymin spam.
Virizion is always nice, and not to pricey. Playing in expanded you have to watch out for those lasers. Prism energies would count towards your Leaf requirement

oooooooooooorrr if you do go with the virizion-ex, you could drop the araidos and spinirak for some lasers of your own!

I definitely feel like a suicune is needed here! (never hurts to have double ex blockers)

4 brigette is a little overkill, I think subbing for 3 would work just fine :)

Gl with your deck!

I love budget decks! lol

I suppose shaymin would disqualify it being budget, so I will refrain from shaymin spam.
Virizion is always nice, and not to pricey. Playing in expanded you have to watch out for those lasers. Prism energies would count towards your Leaf requirement

oooooooooooorrr if you do go with the virizion-ex, you could drop the araidos and spinirak for some lasers of your own!

I definitely feel like a suicune is needed here! (never hurts to have double ex blockers)

4 brigette is a little overkill, I think subbing for 3 would work just fine :)

Gl with your deck!

Thanks for the feedback Greg! I've tested several games in expanded, with some success. I have changed my build slightly since the original post, but this was before seeing your reply. Mainly, I took level ball out since it hurts when what you really search for is prized.

I added Sableye with Bewitching Eyes as a Dark type. For 1 Prism energy you can attack using a supporter from your opponents discard. We talking N, Colress, perhaps even a Xerosic making Sableye a secondary Jirachi Promo. I also added Hawlucha as a Fighting Type for free retreat and 60 flat damage with Prism on an EX. Lastly, I swapped 1 Fairy for a 3rd Prism, so those guys have a better chance at attacking. Elixers still tend to work.

Some part of me wants to try lots of ultra balls with some revives O.O

Thanks for the feedback Greg! I've tested several games in expanded, with some success. I have changed my build slightly since the original post, but this was before seeing your reply. Mainly, I took level ball out since it hurts when what you really search for is prized.

I added Sableye with Bewitching Eyes as a Dark type. For 1 Prism energy you can attack using a supporter from your opponents discard. We talking N, Colress, perhaps even a Xerosic making Sableye a secondary Jirachi Promo. I also added Hawlucha as a Fighting Type for free retreat and 60 flat damage with Prism on an EX. Lastly, I swapped 1 Fairy for a 3rd Prism, so those guys have a better chance at attacking. Elixers still tend to work.

Some part of me wants to try lots of ultra balls with some revives O.O

Hawlucha is always a great addition for bench attack decks. The no retreat, and easy damage is nice :)

I like the idea of ultra balls and revives, would help to bring out more pokemon faster. I would go less brigette and more trainers mail if you do though.

Master ball has its uses, but I think it would be hurting you here.... you have plenty to get your pokemon out. A computer search, or even a life dew would help speed you up, and save prizes.

Hope this helps, let me know any changes, and how they worked out!

Maybe instead of reshiram Entei is a good play. (Maybe thats hard because its a budget deck)
On the post above, a computer search would be nice, but its is still a budget deck.

I had to change the deck drastically after finding out BrP wont be legal at regionals. What do you guys think of this version?

Back