• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Frozen in Ice V2.3 (Palkia EX / Kyurem EX / Bronzong)

Brown_Unibrow

Aspiring Trainer
Hello! I built a deck a long time ago. It was Kyurem Lapras Zoroark. With Breakpoint, that's obsolte.

Pokemon: 17
•3 Palkia EX
•3 Kyurem EX
•2 Zorua BKT
•2 Zoroark BKT
•2 Bronzor BKT
•2 Bronzong PHF
•1 Suicune
•1 Remoraid
•1 Octillery
Supporters/Items/Stadiums: 33
•3 Professor Sycamore
•2 Lysandre
•1 Shauna
•1 AZ
•1 Skyla
•1 Judge

•4 Trainers' Mail
•3 VS Seeker
•3 Ultra Ball
•3 Dive Ball
•2 Float Stone
•2 Battle Compressor
•2 Startling Megaphone
•1 Switch
•1 Sacred Ash
•1 Energy Recycler

•3 Rough Seas
Energy: 10
•7 Water Energy
•3 Metal Energy
Strategy:

The idea is to get water energy on an active Palkia manually to charge up a benched Kyurem. Once Kyurem has 4 Energy (3 Water, 1 Metal) switch with a Zoroark. Use Icecalibur, discarding the Steel energy. Then on your next turn, stand in with Zoroark, use Metal Links on Kyurem, and retreat Zoroark with float stone. Repeate until you mercilessly take all prize cards

Last edited:
Suicune (BP) is a fairly heavy hitter, and immune to special conditions, and (possibly don't quote me on this) immune to gengars instant ko.
Regice is another great option. Making ex heavy decks obsolete.
You could look into manaphy, to replace the need for float stones.

Acro could be swapped for trainer mail. And I would probably go 3 dive ball, 3 ultra ball since you have 4 sycamores and battle compressors.

Level balls would also be effective in this deck, since octillery and bronzong (and their base pokemon) qualify.

Also, since you are using palkia, energy recycle would probably be more effective than energy retrieval.

2 smeargle is a little unecessary. I think you would be perfectly fine with one.

Of course these are just suggestions :) GL with your deck!

Suicune (BP) is a fairly heavy hitter, and immune to special conditions, and (possibly don't quote me on this) immune to gengars instant ko.
Regice is another great option. Making ex heavy decks obsolete.
You could look into manaphy, to replace the need for float stones.

Acro could be swapped for trainer mail. And I would probably go 3 dive ball, 3 ultra ball since you have 4 sycamores and battle compressors.

Level balls would also be effective in this deck, since octillery and bronzong (and their base pokemon) qualify.

Also, since you are using palkia, energy recycle would probably be more effective than energy retrieval.

2 smeargle is a little unecessary. I think you would be perfectly fine with one.

Of course these are just suggestions :) GL with your deck!
Haha Energy Recycler is actually what's in my deck. I just wrote the wrong name. Thank you for the suggestions! I will definitely look into them!

I made a big mistake... I don't have any Bronzong so I've been using 2 Electric energy as Bronzong. I didn't know Bronzong can only go to benched Pokemon. Now that I know, I will add Zoroark so that I can Stand In, Metal Links, and then retreat back into Kyurem. This actually solves my problem against Pyroar.

Back