• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Scizor EX / Bronzong

fictas

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon: 12
  • 3 Scizor EX BREAKpoint
  • 3 Bronzor Phantom Forces
  • 3 Bronzong Phantom Forces
  • 1 Aegislash EX Phantom Forces
  • 1 Dialga EX Phantom Foces
  • 1 Heatran Phantom Foces
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 36
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 3 Evosoda
  • 4 Max Potion
  • 2 Switch
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 1 Delinquent
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 3 Pokemon Fan Club
  • 4 Professor Birch’s Observations
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Skyla
  • 2 Tierno
  • 4 Fighting Fury Belt
Energy: 12
  • 2 Double Colorless Energy
  • 10 Metal Energy
Strategy:

Hello everyone, the deck’s strategy is using the Scizor EX as main attacker plus fighting fury belt to pump up it’s HP to 210 and plus 10 Attack. I am using Bronzong to recharge the Metal Energy whenever i switch/retreat the Scizor EX in each turn so that i can keep using “Gale Thrust” attack. The Max Potion is also being using whenever Scizor Ex is nearly KOed, the effect of discard all energy doesn’t bring any impact as i can use Bronzong to recharge the energy.

Aegislash EX used for encouter Pokemon with special energy attached. Meanwhile Heatran used for encouter Anti-EX pokemon and Dialga EX used whenever i need to OHKO opponent pokomen.

I have tried this deck and i found an issue about the draw power (p/s : i don’t have Shaymin EX) and this cause me having difficult to set up. Please share exprience/opinion so that i can improve this deck..

Any suggestions are welcome. I want to make this deck as good as possible, so please help. Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second Edition

Pokémon: 16

• 4 Scizor EX BREAKpoint
  • 2 Remoriad BREAKthrough
  • 2 Octillery BREAKthrough

Trainers: 23

• 3 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 4 Max Potion
  • 2 Switch
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Fighting Fury Belt

Supporters: 9

• 1 Delinquent
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 3 Professor Birch’s Observations
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Skyla

• 10 Metal Energy

Last edited:

EmisterEdoubleE

Aspiring Trainer
I just tried to make a similar deck on PTCGO, except with Mega Scizor as well. Focusing on regular Scizor EX and the max potion/retreat combo may be the way to go though...

The retreat and heal gameplan seemed to work pretty well, but I agree that your deck could use some help with drawing power.

Without Shaymin being an option, I'd still suggest that using 4 Ultra Balls would help out a ton. You can get metal energy in the discard and if you use one before Sycamore or Birch, the discarding usually doesn't even matter much/could be beneficial. If you could, I'd also run a full set of VS Seeker.

It seems like you have too many supporters in there too-18, if I'm counting right. That is probably slowing your deck down a good amount. I'd do something like:

-3 Pokemon Fan Club
-2 Tierno

+4 Ultra Ball
+1 VS Seeker

Also don't think 3 evosoda are necessary with the ultra balls, especially when Level Ball does the same job better if you're really concerned with getting Bronzong out quickly.

-3 Evosoda

+1 Level Ball

Not sure what you could do with the extra space. Maybe add a 1-1 or 2-2 Octillery line? Level balls work well with Octillery and Bronzong together. I'd also probably run 4 Scizor EX's in order to maximize the odds of pulling off the retreat/max potion combo/recharge combo.

New player here so take the advice with a grain of salt, but I'm pretty sure it will help speed up the deck a lot! As I'm typing this, I also just thought that maybe maxing out your Battle Compressors could help a lot too. If you start with 1 that's great, but 2 is not really that bad either-get rid of maybe 2 metal, 1 sycamore, 1 lysandre, 1 skyla, and another battle compressor. Hope this helps!

fictas

Aspiring Trainer
I just tried to make a similar deck on PTCGO, except with Mega Scizor as well. Focusing on regular Scizor EX and the max potion/retreat combo may be the way to go though...

The retreat and heal gameplan seemed to work pretty well, but I agree that your deck could use some help with drawing power.

Without Shaymin being an option, I'd still suggest that using 4 Ultra Balls would help out a ton. You can get metal energy in the discard and if you use one before Sycamore or Birch, the discarding usually doesn't even matter much/could be beneficial. If you could, I'd also run a full set of VS Seeker.

Thanks for you precious advise and i have edited my deck as below:-

Pokémon: 16
  • 4 Scizor EX BREAKpoint
  • 2 Remoriad BREAKthrough
  • 2 Octillery BREAKthrough
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 32
  • 3 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 4 Max Potion
  • 2 Switch
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 1 Delinquent
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 3 Professor Birch’s Observations
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Skyla
  • 10 Metal Energy
Strategy:

I also a PTCGO player and after played/tested this edited new deck for several rounds, i found that drawing power have improve a lot and many thanks to you.

However i still have some ideas/doubts to make this deck more better and please do not hesistate to share the opinion/advice.

1. Is that the Aegislash EX necessary? The main function of the Aegislash EX is for encounter the opposing pokemon which with special energy attached but this deck’s idea is retreat/recharge energy/max potion and the attack cost and retreat cost for Aegislash is 3 energys which i will be needed two rounds to recharge the energys if i only putting 2 Bronzong in bench.

2. After played several rounds, i also facing an issue whenever trying to retreat my Scizor EX if the opponent using Crushing Hammer/Team Flare Grunt to discard my energy. Basically, after using the Battle Comprosser, almost all the metal energy will be inside discard pile. I have put two “switch” to encounter but is there any other better solution?

3. Similary to Question 2, is that “Steel Shelter” neccessary to encounter the special condition?

Thanks you for reading and any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.