Discussion Winners of December's TCG Cup Crowned! Deck Lists and Interview!

ARHaslage

TPCi Sanctioned League & Tournament Organizer
I would like to hear from the TO that BreakPoint cards are not allowed in this tournament. I am confused by the wording used up until this point. Since TCGO allows them currently as part of Standard format, they should be legal, right? Especially since people are posting SS's using cards from BP. Although in a TPCi sanctioned event, the cards would not be legal until 2 weeks after the release date, someone mentioned that this is not a sanctioned event. So I am confused regarding the use of BP cards that were clearly accepted in decklists submitted prior to the Round 1 start date, and will await to hear from Ntanel.

P.S. The cards in question are in BreakPoint, but were reprints of an older card that would normally be considered in Expanded. I'm running 4x copies of the card in question, and I can easily swap it out for something else in Standard, but I will await an answer since I already won my first Round. Thanks!

There is a hierarchy in PokeBeach. @Machamp The Champion is one of my supervisors. He overruled my ruling because, like you, I thought that we were following the PTCGO's standard format since this was not a sanctioned tournament. On the plus side, if anyone has a deck with reprinted cards in BreakPoint that also exist in XY through BreakThrough, they do not have to resubmit anything. However, if anyone has a deck with reprinted card in BreakPoint that does not also exist in XY through BreakThrough, they need to replace those cards submit an updated deck list.

Again, I am sorry about the confusion and deeply apologize. I typically make these types of decisions myself without oversight when I run tournaments for my own organization. This is the first time that I have ever been asked to reverse a ruling.

ARHaslage

What happens if a bug affects the game? Luckily, my game thus far was fine. But in playing versus, I've noticed a ton of bugs since the update. In my last game alone, I couldn't retreat one of my Pokemon (with a float stone attached), muscle band didn't add damage, and my turn randomly ended for no reason. (I was playing with the new breakpoint cards, but still...)

Anyways, what do we do if that happens during the tournament?

It depends upon if the bug was game breaking. If so, both players can agree to restart the game. If it is more complicated that that, then I need to know so I can ask someone higher than me in PB's hierarchy.

redados

Aspiring Trainer
I beat Mora 2-1. Games 1 and 1 were played at approximately 3 PM CST and Game three was played just now. Great series!

skm2011

Sometimes it is a good thing to go first in life.
I did have a lot of fun. Thank you for giving me more practice against a M Mewtwo Deck with Bronzong.
I know we will probably be versing a lot of those in Florida regionals in a couple of weeks. So excited!

Stys95

Aspiring Trainer
Round 1 - stys95 vs miraclepenguin (valorune).
stys95 won 2 - 1

Games played @ Feb 6-7 from 10:45 AM - 7:17 PM (GMT+8) / 9:45 PM - 6:17 AM (EST)

[I had to rush out after game 2, so we continued after i was back, thus the long timing in between games]

ARHaslage

What if we can not log in at our agreed play-time? Also, who is the second TO?

Tournaments only have one tournament organizer. If there were to be another staff member, they would be either the Head Judge or a Judge.

As far as the missing your play time goes, if you miss it, you lose for that round and may be disqualified.

Exodus

TCG Innovator
I am re-posting our results after having to redo round 1.

Round 1 - Exodus vs Materious17.
Exodus won 2 - 1

Game 1 played from 2:25 PM - 2:40 PM PST.
Game 2 played from 2:41 PM - 2:50 PM PST.
Game 3 played from 2:51 PM - 2:57 PM PST.
February 9, 2016

Good games, Materious17.

ARHaslage

ROUND ONE RESULTS (THUS FAR):
You only have to replay your game if BreakPoint cards new to the upcoming TCG standard format were used. If one opponent played with upcoming TCG standard format BreakPoint cards and another did not, it is up to the one who did not to decide if they want a replay. Either way, decks with BreakPoint cards new to the upcoming TCG standard format need to be altered and the updated new deck list submitted to @Ntanel. Let @Ntanel know what has been decided as everything needs to be resolved by the end of the round.
Omnipoke vs skm2011 - Omnipoke won 2-0
Tstanner15 vs Kevin Kozak (Bowlinkev) - Tstanner15 won 2-1
AE2 vs SerenityNow - AE2 won 2-1
BladeFrenzy vs AntonJG - BladeFrenzy won 2-0
Victor Freitas vs OshawottStarter - Victor won 2-0
-----
Above: Prior to reversed set ruling. - Below: After reversed set ruling.
-----
TheUltimateAbsol vs Frost Mage - TheUltimateAbsol wins 2-0
Dfwallace2 vs Kurtbusch - Dfwallace2 wins 2-0
saxmaster69 vs postmodern_pinko - saxmaster69 wins 2-0
Bean1234875 vs onixscrusher302 - Bean1234875 won 2-1
Mora vs QwertyD - Mora won
Lukkul vs PwnzorProd - Lukkul won 2-1
stys95 vs miraclepenguin - stys95 won 2-1
google vs Gui - PCTGRadio won 2-0
Exodus vs Materious17 - Exodus won 2-1
Arneboy11 vs Xanthestar - Arneboy11 won 2-1
Gengar Master vs SILLYWABBIT66 - GM won 2-0
RedWater vs MasterMan918 - Redwater won 2-0
IronCladMerc vs Meowser - IronCladMerc won 2-1

P.S. More questions and answers were added to the FAQ on the first page of this thread.

Arneboy11

A Mega Absol Trainer!
Advanced Member
I just won my match against @Xanthestar with 2-1

real close games, against a great opponent!
Games were played between midnight and 1:15 AM (GMT +1)

ironcladmerc

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Round 1 - ironcladmerc vs Meowser.
ironcladmerc won 2 - 1

Game 1 played from 8:00 PM - 8:13 PM EST. - Meowser win
Game 2 played from 8:13 PM - 8:27 PM EST. - ironcladmerc win
Game 3 played from 8:27 PM - 8:40 PM EST. - ironcladmerc win
Games played on February 9, 2016