Sableye / Garbodor

I was building this deck and was wondering what to cut for 4 Puzzle of Time? Do you drop the 4 trainer's mail or make it 2 and drop something else? What are your opinions?

I would put in some battle comps to get the guarenteed t2 puzzle of time and I would play 3 crushing 1 enhanced, 3 vs seekers, 3 flare grunt, 2 xerosic, 1 N, and laser bank if u have room. I wouldn't play maybe 2 t mail though. Also I would play 3 ultra ball, and 1 head ringer because you can recycle it.

I would put in some battle comps to get the guarenteed t2 puzzle of time and I would play 3 crushing 1 enhanced, 3 vs seekers, 3 flare grunt, 2 xerosic, 1 N, and laser bank if u have room. I wouldn't play maybe 2 t mail though. Also I would play 3 ultra ball, and 1 head ringer because you can recycle it.
Do you have a sample list of this? I don't think you can fit in PoT with LaserBank tbh.

Why not fill the extra 5 spaces for puzzle of time? I think this deck will be a huge contender for the last weekend of regionals. I also think Skyla could be a good addition into the list because of the ability to pull life dew and other useful items out whenever you want. Do you guys think we will see another ban for sableye and/or puzzle of time?

I was building this deck and was wondering what to cut for 4 Puzzle of Time? Do you drop the 4 trainer's mail or make it 2 and drop something else? What are your opinions?
My list will be posted on the deck forums soon. I don't know about the rest of your list, however what are the cards other than trainer's mail that you run in your deck.

Puzzle of time would be over powered, your opponent could never take a prize card. Keep getting puzzle of time and a stream of saybleye and you should be good to go with decking your opponent out. Being one of the first regionals with BREAKPoint in, I am kind of worried looking at the provided list.

Maybe Entangling Control / Trash Tentacle Malamar as a backup to Sableye? Deals a little bit of damage and can trap a pokemon without using your Lysandre?
How about Mental Trash Malamar? Maybe hand disruption would help immobilize them further. I dunno if anyone else has seen the 2 Trick Shovel technique of making sure they never topdeck a supporter.

You only need 3 puzzle

Could bunnelby work as a possible tech against this matchup?
I think as a competitive player anything that Bench snipes of an attach will give it a hard time, also the deck auto loses to Seismitoad EX if you get DCE after they discard your first one with Xerosic.

Last edited by a moderator:
4 Puzzle of Time may not be necessary because Junk Hunt itself is very powerful but if you want to try it, I cut 4 Team Flare Grunt to 3 and Xerosic to 1, 3 Crushing Hammer , 1 Enhanced Hammer. In that way you'll have space for the Puzzle of Time.

Not to mention, Puzzle of Time can be very useful late game, because you can do something like 3 hammers a turn, get a pokemon/energy/tool from the discard pile without ending your turn.

If you decided to add Puzzle of Time, you should be always Junk Hunting these cards depending on the situation you're in for 1 Hammer/ Trick Shovel/ VS Seeker/ Mail and 1 Puzzle of Time.

I hope my suggestion helped you :)

Back