• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Night March / Gallade (Spooky Senses)

Gabking5458

2016 MA TCG Senior Division Regional Champion!
Hey guys Gabking5458 here! Wanted to see if anybody had any ideas on how to make the deck better.

Just some background of how this deck came to be:

I was thinking of decks for states and testing out a bunch of decks. One of my friends LOVES Night March and so we decided to test Night March a little more than the others. Night March was consistently great among a ton of matchups; but the one matchup that was tough for the deck was Manectric-EX/Bats. So I decided to think of ways to beat this and then realized you could squeeze a Maxie's Gallade line in. The results were actually really good! I want to see if this deck could be something I would play for states. Without further ado..... Here's the list! :)

Pokemon (17):
  • 4 Joltik (PHF)
  • 4 Lampent (PHF)
  • 4 Pumpkaboo (PHF)
  • 3 Shaymin-EX (ROS)
  • 2 Gallade (BKT)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (36):
  • 3 Acro Bike
  • 4 Battle Compressor
  • 2 Enhanced Hammer
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 4 Trainer's Mail
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 3 Dimension Valley
Energy (7):
  • 3 Lightning Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy:

The list is pretty standard Night March. I don't run puzzle of time because I felt it wasn't necessary considering with Premonition you can normally find what you need. The strategy is what Night March's normal strategy is (To attack and win quickly before your opponent can respond). Gallade is in the deck as a search engine and an answer to Manectric-EX and Mega Manectric-EX. The enhanced hammers are to help in the beginning against Toad and also to help against Fighting Bats.

MATCHUPS:

Good Matchups:
M Mewtwo/Fairy 80/20
M Mewtwo/Zoroark 70/30
Entei/Charizard-EX 65/35
Manectric/Bats 60/40
Vespiquen 60/40
Night March 60/40
YZG 60/40

M Mewtwo/Fairy and M Mewtwo/Zoroark are pretty self explanatory. Both of those decks are relatively slow and lose the prize trade often resulting in a win for you most of the time. Entei/Charizard is just as fast as Night March but like M Mewtwo-EX it loses the prize trade and runs out of steam before Night March does.
Manectric Bats is good purely because of Gallade. If you can get Gallade out you can easily take 2-4 Prizes which can put you up early and you can finish off the game with the Night Marchers. This deck could have trouble if the Manectric/Bats player gets a lot of Bats out. Vespiquen is a good matchup because Night March is faster and can normally earn OHKOs quicker also Gallade can easily trade 3 Prizes (Shaymin-EX + Vespiquen) for 1 Prize (Gallade). Night March mirror is good because of Premonition. You can pick which card you want (Such as a supporter, Vs Seeker, DCE etc...); without relying on Shaymin for draw support. This really helps out with the mirror. YZG is a slightly favorable Matchup. Gallade is VERY annoying to YZG. It can trade prizes with 2 Zoroark, an Yveltal-EX, Shaymin-EXs etc. Also Joltik hits for weakness on Yveltal. Though they can trade prizes pretty easily which can be quite scary at times.

Bad Matchups:
Fighting/Bats 40/60
Toad 35/65
Gengar/Trevenant 20/80

Fighting/Bats can be scary because of the fact that I have no good way to hit Lucario-EX. Pumpkaboo can get OHKO'd pretty easily between Bats and Lucario with Strong energy Muscle Band first turn. Gallade can also be dealt with easily so it can be bad. Seismitoad is 35/65 for obvious reasons. Item lock hurts a lot. Premonition once again is very helpful and makes this matchup winnable but its still tough to beat. Gengar/Trevenant is the worst matchup. Wally's Trevenant is horrible and first turn item lock makes and auto loss.

Leave any comments or suggestions below!

Thanks!!!

-Gabking5458 :)

BTW please use card names not nicknames. Toad=Seismitoad, Crobat/Golbat=Bats, MegaMan=Mega Manectric are okay :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I kinda like this deck! Never played a night march because I'm quite a new player (I started when phantom forces came out) I might just have to give this deck I try! P. S. I have a better name for your deck... Spiedy senses! (get it?) anyways... Why don't you have any fighting fury belts? They are a must have in a night march deck.

I kinda like this deck! Never played a night march because I'm quite a new player (I started when phantom forces came out) I might just have to give this deck I try! P. S. I have a better name for your deck... Spiedy senses! (get it?) anyways... Why don't you have any fighting fury belts? They are a must have in a night march deck.
Any decent deck that deals damage will be able to ohko any 100 hp mon. So doing 20 more damage is more important than having 100 hp.

Back