• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Giratina EX / Espeon EX

Phototoxin

I herd u leik mudkipz?
I'm thinking something along the following lines for citys. Any ideas/advice/input? The idea is to slow them as much as possible. Im wondering if I should add some float stones/switches and a couple of stadiums to it. Or do I need more Pokes?

55/60

PokemonL
  • Shaymin EX 2 - draw
  • Giratina EX 3 - beatstick
  • Hoopa EX 1 - searchstick
  • Espeon EX 3 - devolve/kill/slowdown
Support:
  • Hex Maniac 1
  • Pokemon Fan Club 1 - search backup
  • Lysandre 2 - assassination
  • Professor Sycamore 3
  • Professor Birch's Observations 2
  • trainers mail 4 - drawthrough
  • Acro Bike 4
  • VS Seeker 4
  • Muscle Band 3
  • Crushing Hammer 4 - disruption/slow
  • Team Flare Grunt 1
  • Head Ringer 4
  • Delinquent 1
Energy:
  • Double Colorless Energy 4
  • Double Dragon Energy 4
  • Psychic Energy 4

5 slots left

First off where are the Ultra Balls? This is a necessity in almost every deck I would highly recommend running it. :)

Second, personally I think Acro Bike is not needed in stall decks (Maybe take these out for enhanced hammers). Third, you may want to consider running a Toad or 2 to deal with night march. Fourth, if you want to run a stadium run Parallel City; it's very disruptive. Lastly, you can run a Hydreigon ex or 2 to help with retreat and also deal with Aegislash-EX and Jirachi with Shred (Your deck seems to have an enormous weakness to these 2)

Hope this helps! :)

Serious question: What matchup are you expecting to play against to where espeon is needed? Competitively, there are some great pokemon that don't need to evolve like manectric ex and seismitoad ex. I could maybe see this if you were playing a deck that spread damage to all of your opponents pokemon like a crobat variant but devolving does not seem to be a strong tactic in the competitive scene

Serious question: What matchup are you expecting to play against to where espeon is needed? Competitively, there are some great pokemon that don't need to evolve like manectric ex and seismitoad ex. I could maybe see this if you were playing a deck that spread damage to all of your opponents pokemon like a crobat variant but devolving does not seem to be a strong tactic in the competitive scene

I don't know as I'm pretty new to the game on an organised level (played years ago until Fossil/Rocket). I have reconsidered and am trying to make a Giratina EX/Vileplume Lockdown type deck instead.

Back