• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Sea Jynx (Jynx / Seaking)

Fouda

Aspiring Trainer
Hello. Just looking for some feedback on my deck to see if you guys are able to pick out things that may help out the deck. Thank you so much!

Pokemon: 16
  • 4 Goldeen BKT 27
  • 4 Seaking BKT 28
  • 2 Eevee AOR 63
  • 1 Flareon AOR 13
  • 1 Jolteon AOR 26
  • 2 Jynx FUF 37
  • 1 Remoraid BKT 32
  • 1 Octillery BKT 33
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 35
  • 2 Potion
  • 3 Dive Ball
  • 3 Trainers Mail
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 2 Switch
  • 3 Team Magma's Secret Base
  • 1 Teammates
  • 2 Shauna
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 3 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Team Flare Grunt
Energy: 9
  • 4 Rainbow Energy
  • 5 Water Energy
Strategy:

The strategy is to use seaking's first attack which does 90 damage if it was healed that turn hence the jynx. The rainbow energy is fordamage on Seaking as well as the team Magma's secret base

Seaking always looked like a really fun card to me. Not exactly competitive, but we can do something with it.

I'm not sure about the Eevees - they're fairly situational and though Jolteon could help you against Yveltal, I believe that a 2-2 line of Ariados would suit this deck's gameplan better. Poisonous Nest guarantees you Poison damage turn after turn and can help bring down high-HP Pokemon, as well as putting damage on Seaking to heal off. With this in mind I would up your Jynx count to 3, because she's pretty vital in the deck. A 2-2 line of Octillery may also be good.

For Trainers, I would replace the Prof. Birchs with Sycamore, up your Muscle Band count to 3 (maybe 4), go for 4 Level Balls and probably take out the Team Flare Grunts. I think you'll need at least 1 Super Rod too, because Seaking is pretty flimsy at 90hp.

Another fun trick to try might be using Super Scoop-Ups. Once you've played your Goldeen down with Team Magma Base, or put a Rainbow Energy on it, you've used up a one-time-only method of putting damage onto the Pokemon. My Ariados idea would help this out a bit, but Super Scoop-Up would let you return the Seaking to your hand after it attacks, allowing you to put up another Goldeen, attach the Rainbow Energy again and hit for another 90-110. Then you can play your other Goldeen down with Team Magma Base and damage that too.

Hope some of these ideas help!

Try to see if you can fit in the ariodos line in order to poison your seakings in order to put more damage on your seakings more consistently.

Ariados is a good idea the only issue I see with it is taking up bench space. With 2 Jynx out and an octillery and an ariados that is already 4 bench spots taken up with only one Seaking able to get powered up and ready to go. That may be enough so I will have to do some testing and I will report back

YES! FINALLY! A DECK USING BKT SEAKING! YES! HAHA! HAHAHA HA HA ha...
Great deck. I've been waiting for a Seaking deck! I think you should swap an Eevee and the Jolteon for either Lugia EX or Aigeslash EX, since you've already got Seaking's weakness covered with Flareon. Lugia can provide extra damage and Aigeslash can give you some time to set up. Great deck, great strategy, definitely a deck I'd use!

Any more competitive than my list? Not looking to take this to regionals or anything but wouldn't mind using it with my friends.

Competitive.. lolno. Fun to use and pretty smooth draw? Hell yes!

The 1-off Whiscash for amnesia is hilarious at the right time.

Like others said, fit in Ariados to add consistent damage. Maybe swap out Magmas Secret Base and use Rough Seas to conserve bench space.

Like others said, fit in Ariados to add consistent damage. Maybe swap out Magmas Secret Base and use Rough Seas to conserve bench space.
Rough Seas doesn't work because it heals all your Pokemon so any damage you had on seaking's is now gone and then you can't use the first attack so magma base stays

Rough Seas doesn't work because it heals all your Pokemon so any damage you had on seaking's is now gone and then you can't use the first attack so magma base stays
Ariados Poisons
End Turn
Opponent Ends Turn
+10 Poison Damage
-30 Damage
Full damage attack
+10 Poison Damage
Opponent Ends turn
+10 Poison damage
-30 Damage
FULL DAMAGE ATTACK
Repeat

Rough seas does work. Magams base is irrelevant in this deck. It's inconsistent.

Back