Discussion Regirock VS Gallade in Yveltal / Zoroark

PlinfaTheBest

Plinfa means Piplup in German!
Hi everyone,

just a simple question today, what deck is better, Yveltal/Zoroark/Regirock or Yveltal/Zoroark/Gallade? Typically I would go for the Gallade variant, but I just hate it if Gallade gets knocked out by a Crobat (Manectric/Bats). Also, which variant is better against the following decks: Yveltal/Zoroark/Gallade, Manectric/Bats, M-Mewtwo (Psychic Infinity), Night March and ToadTina?

Thank you for your opinion
PlinfaTheBest

Moved from the TCG Help & Advice to the TCG Competitive Play as the OP's questions are more strategy-based and has discussion value worthwhile in the Competitive Play.

...just a simple question today, what deck is better, Yveltal/Zoroark/Regirock or Yveltal/Zoroark/Gallade?
I currently run Yveltal-Zoroark-Gallade. The purpose of my including a Fighting-type Pokémon is to counter opponents' LightIng-type Pokémon that would threaten my Yveltal and Yveltal EX. In deciding which of the Fighting Pokémon to include, I compared their following attributes:

Ability
Attack Cost - Amount and Type of energy
Attack Damage Output - Total Amount of Damage inflicted
Attack Efficiency: Damage Output per Energy
Attack Time: Number of turns required to fully power-up to attack
HP
Retreat Cost
Weakness
Setup - Resources and time needed to get on the bench
Deck "Synergy" - would this Pokémon fit "well" with the existing deck's "core" and compliment/support the deck's strategy

IMO, a long, detailed analysis was not really needed since Gallade was superior, IMO, in most of the aforementioned key areas and those differences jumped-out quickly:

Ability: Gallade's Ability to rearrange the top few cards in the deck can be quite useful at times

Attack Cost - Gallade: CC - can use any Basic energy; no specific, primary basic energy required

Attack Damage Output - Gallade: 60+ 70 (if Supporter was played same turn - easy)

Attack Efficiency - Gallade: 65/C

Attack Time - Gallade: 1 (with DC which are already included in the deck)

HP - Gallade's HP is 150 vs. Regirock's 120

RC - Gallade's Retreat Cost is only CC vs. Regirock's CCC

Deck Synergy - Gallade does not need any additional energy type

On the other hand, Regirock has significantly lower requirement for Setup vs. Gallade since I don't need to use Maxie's HBT to recover it from the discard pile. But, Gallade is still my preferred choice.

Also, which variant is better against the following decks: Yveltal/Zoroark/Gallade, Manectric/Bats, M-Mewtwo (Psychic Infinity), Night March and ToadTina?
Yveltal-Zoroark-Gallade is still my preference vs. Yveltal-Zoroark-Regirock against all of the decks you mentioned.

YZG is better in all the matchup beside manectric bats. Also you can run shadow circle to improve the manectric matchup.

YSG still has a good matchup against Manectric-Bats due to Hex Maniac too, as well as Shadow Circle.

Back