Discussion Winners of December's TCG Cup Crowned! Deck Lists and Interview!

Exodus

TCG Innovator
Round 1 - Exodus vs Materious17.
Exodus won 2 - 0

Games played from 2:00 PM - 2:37 PM PST.
February 7, 2016

Excellent Games Materious17!

ARHaslage

TPCi Sanctioned League & Tournament Organizer
We are no longer accepting new registrations. @Camoclone came up with a solution to stop the bracket shifting when I added players. As a result, the brackets will no longer shift as all I need to do now is substitute one of the "Register to join!" participants. If you have already challenged your opponent prior to me asking you to hold off until tomorrow, feel free to proceed and remember to report the results as soon as you can. For the rest, you may resume challenging opponents and reporting results. Just keep in mind that due to the shifting brackets, I may need to adjust a few matches so multiple people are not challenging the same person. I will be online each day of this round to make adjustments. Once I am ready to pair round two, I will be locking the brackets, so everything should be sorted out by then. Afterwards, I may be on less frequently as I work, but I will be on to process scoring and advance the rounds.

ARHaslage

REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!

CONTINUE TO POST RESULTS IN REPLIES TO THIS THREAD AS THE BRACKETS FOR ROUND ONE ARE UP!

ISSUES? CONTACT NTANEL!

jbcheshire

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
What is considered to be the end of the 2nd day of this month's tournament since the bracket was changed a few times and wasn't really closed until Sunday evening?

OmniPoke

Aspiring Trainer
Omnipoke vs. cHoViiRuuS

Omnipoke won through a concession

Sorry for the bad matchup man, best of luck for the rest of the tournament :)

Games played 21:10-21:20 GMT 8th Feb

Yog

Rogue
Oh this would explain why each guy I've challenged has pointed out I'm paired with someone else :confused:

Ew at the inclusion of Breakpoint all of a sudden. The original ruleset stated "All decks must be Standard format (XY to BREAKthrough)" and I chose my deck based on that. Too late now I guess, but maybe something to keep an eye on for future tournaments.

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
ATTENTION: Cards from BREAKpoint are NOT legal for this tournament, as stated in the OP. If your deck list contained cards from BREAKpoint, you MUST send in a new list by the END OF ROUND 1 and redo any matches you have played with BREAKpoint cards. If you still have BREAKpoint cards in your list by the end of round 1, you will be dropped.

(Although I am not the organizer of this tournament, I am posting on behalf of the Activities staff. This post should be taken as tournament rule.)

TheUltimateAbsol

Truth or Ideals? It's all Black and White to me
Round 1 TheUltimateAbsol vs. Frost Mage
TheUltimateAbsol wins 2-0
Matches took place 5 PM EST - 6 PM EST
2/8/16

BTW Giovanni's scheme has an awful glitch. Only one choice appears despite 4 Cards in hand, and that choice only lets you draw cards, despite the appearance. Pic of the glitch shown, Opponent's cards are cut out for the sake of privacy.

Attachments

• upload_2016-2-8_18-13-21.png
    upload_2016-2-8_18-13-21.png
    568.7 KB · Views: 19

Dfwallace2

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Round 1 Dfwallace2 vs. Kurtbusch
Dfwallace2 wins 2-0
Matches took place 7PM EST - 7:20 PM EST
2/8/16

ARHaslage

I apologize for the confusion. BreakPoint was released as part of the standard format in TCGO after the news article was published. So I assumed, my mistake, that we were following the game's standard format.

Exodus

TCG Innovator
I would like to hear from the TO that BreakPoint cards are not allowed in this tournament. I am confused by the wording used up until this point. Since TCGO allows them currently as part of Standard format, they should be legal, right? Especially since people are posting SS's using cards from BP. Although in a TPCi sanctioned event, the cards would not be legal until 2 weeks after the release date, someone mentioned that this is not a sanctioned event. So I am confused regarding the use of BP cards that were clearly accepted in decklists submitted prior to the Round 1 start date, and will await to hear from Ntanel.

P.S. The cards in question are in BreakPoint, but were reprints of an older card that would normally be considered in Expanded. I'm running 4x copies of the card in question, and I can easily swap it out for something else in Standard, but I will await an answer since I already won my first Round. Thanks!

ARHaslage

What is considered to be the end of the 2nd day of this month's tournament since the bracket was changed a few times and wasn't really closed until Sunday evening?

It is a little complicated... I was told to leave registration open an extra day and the tournament was to still begin on time. So, that really does not delay anything because the suspension that I had placed on the tournament was only a few hours long while I tried to fix the bracket. Thanks to @Camoclone, a solution was created to stop the shifting bracket issue so I can still add late entries without issue. Thus, you must proceed normally as all dates still remain as originally posted.

ae2

Aspiring Trainer
What happens if a bug affects the game? Luckily, my game thus far was fine. But in playing versus, I've noticed a ton of bugs since the update. In my last game alone, I couldn't retreat one of my Pokemon (with a float stone attached), muscle band didn't add damage, and my turn randomly ended for no reason. (I was playing with the new breakpoint cards, but still...)

Anyways, what do we do if that happens during the tournament?