• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Lock & Load (Dragalge / Team Aqua Muk / Zoroark)

Yog

Rogue
So now that BREAKPoint has landed, and I have some cards in collection, I've started playing with some rogue builds. There is one card that caught my eye that I didn't really expect to, and that is Dragalge who poisons for forty each turn instead of the usual ten. Combined with FLF Dragalge (who blocks poisoned pokémon from retreating), or better again, Team Aqua's Muk - who both adds to retreat cost and hits for base 120 on a special condition - and suddenly you have a cheap attacking deck that is awfully cumbersome to deal with.

Add in a 2-2 line of Zoroark for easy switching and big hits of his own, Shaymin for draw and Robo Subs to soak up some damage while you sit back and wait for the opponent to die, and we have ourselves a deck.

The Deck;

Pokémon: (17)
4 Skrelp
3 Dragalge
1 Dragalge (Poison Barrier)

2 Zorua
2 Zoroark (Stand In)

2 Team Aqua's Grimer
2 Team Aqua's Muk (Sludge Festival)

1 Shaymin-EX (Set Up)

2 Robo Sub​

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: (33)
2 Brigette
2 Prof. Sycamore
2 Prof. Birch
1 Judge
2 Lysandre
4 VS Seeker

2 Ultra Ball
2 Repeat Ball
2 Level Ball
2 Evosoda

1 Switch
1 Escape Rope

1 Energy Switch

1 Startling Megaphone
1 Super Rod
1 Energy Retrieval
1 Town Map

2 Float Stone

1 Silent Lab​

Energy: (11)
6 Psychic Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy​

Visual:

d5334WS.png

Some Comments:
-Repeat Ball is great with a split evo like this, or grabbing another Skrelp at first, or the other Muk/Shaymin in a pinch. Similarly, Town Map can help find those missing parts with a few different lines running.
-I did run this with Training Center for a while, but found my guys who die, would die with or without it so why not hamper some Shaymins?
-Energy Switch is a little surprise for people where an unstacked Muk (or Dragalge), can suddenly become a stacked one. Probably the first card I'd cut if something more is needed.
-Startling Megaphone is to tackle the many many fighting belts that are around, also if I see an opposing Zoroark, target their float stone so I can keep that poison lock.
-2 Lysandre & the Rope are to play with people who play a lot of switches. They run out soon enough.

I feel like I should fatten up my draw support but so far I've been getting by okay. Teammates might be a nice add since I'm running a lot of low HP mons. Thoughts?

Greg

Aspiring Trainer
I like the idea, Have you tried Misty in this deck? Seems like she could be beneficial
Toxicroak-ex might work as a trade in possibly.

Dragalge doesn't get enough love!

Yog

Rogue
I'm not sure Misty is that good of a supporter to be honest, so many better things you could be doing with the limited one supporter per turn than just a light search. If anything, I'd be looking at a potential teammates I think? Or another Sycamore/Birch.

Before any of that though, I'd like to fit another sub in here somewhere. They are tricky to search for since balls don't work, and you can only really have one in play at a time. Any thoughts on where I can most thin the list down some?

I have to say I love the Muk retreat cost thing. So many decks rely on their free retreat and it just baffles them. I've only used it before in decks like Mamoswine/Goodra or that sort of thing but it really is such a great side effect.

Greg

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not sure Misty is that good of a supporter to be honest, so many better things you could be doing with the limited one supporter per turn than just a light search. If anything, I'd be looking at a potential teammates I think? Or another Sycamore/Birch.

Before any of that though, I'd like to fit another sub in here somewhere. They are tricky to search for since balls don't work, and you can only really have one in play at a time. Any thoughts on where I can most thin the list down some?

I have to say I love the Muk retreat cost thing. So many decks rely on their free retreat and it just baffles them. I've only used it before in decks like Mamoswine/Goodra or that sort of thing but it really is such a great side effect.

So little love for misty! ;-;

This deck is pretty jammed for space
(possible) Thinning:
-1 dbc, most decks I don't notice the difference. not sure here... might be worth trying.
-1 town map (I like town map, but couldn't call it essential)
-1 vs seeker. Again, I hardly notice the difference.
-1 energy retrieval. Although I would keep it if you can...
-1 silent lab

Headringers might be useful. + reatreat + attack cost, nice if you want to lysandre a shaymin.
You might be able to drop silent lab for training center, since all of you pokemon are stage 1. a little extra hp never hurts.
Faded town is back in rotation, its like a poison for mega's and thats always nice, and I imagine the big hp pokemon are going to be your biggest problem here.

Let me know how any adjustments work for you !

PidgeotSoup

Pidoves beware, pidgey is back.
I like this idea! Being a noob (a really, really big noob!:p) I always like finding a cheap deck which I can put together and still do well in the tournaments. However, have you thought about maybe putting in Aqua great balls? This is what I'm thinking.
-1 energy switch. Just doesn't seem needed
-1 town map. Like Greg said, it's just not so needed
-1 vs seeker. Greg, it's as if a lot of what I say is copied from you! :p
-1 silent lab.
+2 Aqua great ball.
+1 faded town/virbank if you are willing to make it expanded.
+1 Celebi-EX if you're ok with expanded. You can use hide to protect dragalge from hard hitters. Maybe find room for a trick coin. If not include the vs seeker.
Please excuse the noobiness if the deck modifications are bad. Please help me get a better grasp of the game if you have the time!

Brown_Unibrow

Aspiring Trainer
So now that BREAKPoint has landed, and I have some cards in collection, I've started playing with some rogue builds. There is one card that caught my eye that I didn't really expect to, and that is Dragalge who poisons for forty each turn instead of the usual ten. Combined with FLF Dragalge (who blocks poisoned pokémon from retreating), or better again, Team Aqua's Muk - who both adds to retreat cost and hits for base 120 on a special condition - and suddenly you have a cheap attacking deck that is awfully cumbersome to deal with.

Add in a 2-2 line of Zoroark for easy switching and big hits of his own, Shaymin for draw and Robo Subs to soak up some damage while you sit back and wait for the opponent to die, and we have ourselves a deck.

The Deck;

Pokémon: (17)
4 Skrelp
3 Dragalge
1 Dragalge (Poison Barrier)

2 Zorua
2 Zoroark (Stand In)

2 Team Aqua's Grimer
2 Team Aqua's Muk (Sludge Festival)

1 Shaymin-EX (Set Up)

2 Robo Sub​

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: (33)
2 Brigette
2 Prof. Sycamore
2 Prof. Birch
1 Judge
2 Lysandre
4 VS Seeker

2 Ultra Ball
2 Repeat Ball
2 Level Ball
2 Evosoda

1 Switch
1 Escape Rope

1 Energy Switch

1 Startling Megaphone
1 Super Rod
1 Energy Retrieval
1 Town Map

2 Float Stone

1 Silent Lab​

Energy: (11)
6 Psychic Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy​

Visual:

d5334WS.png

Some Comments:
-Repeat Ball is great with a split evo like this, or grabbing another Skrelp at first, or the other Muk/Shaymin in a pinch. Similarly, Town Map can help find those missing parts with a few different lines running.
-I did run this with Training Center for a while, but found my guys who die, would die with or without it so why not hamper some Shaymins?
-Energy Switch is a little surprise for people where an unstacked Muk (or Dragalge), can suddenly become a stacked one. Probably the first card I'd cut if something more is needed.
-Startling Megaphone is to tackle the many many fighting belts that are around, also if I see an opposing Zoroark, target their float stone so I can keep that poison lock.
-2 Lysandre & the Rope are to play with people who play a lot of switches. They run out soon enough.

I feel like I should fatten up my draw support but so far I've been getting by okay. Teammates might be a nice add since I'm running a lot of low HP mons. Thoughts?

One thing I noticed is you have Silent Lab as a one of. Without trainer's mail, I don't see it being very useful since most people play shaymins earlier in the game. I used to have a deck with Silent all as a one-of but I didn't find it consistently enough to consider keeping it.

I think Trainers Mail would help this deck a lot because you can get your Stones, Draw Supporters, Balls, Robos, and the switch or Lysandre you may need to win.

-Silent Lab
-1 VS Seeker
-1 Town Map
-1 Psychic Energy

+4 Trainers Mail

Yog

Rogue
Thanks for the feedback guys.

You might be able to drop silent lab for training center, since all of you pokemon are stage 1. a little extra hp never hurts.
My first build of the deck actually had three Training Centers in. I found it didn't often make the difference. Either you're getting OHKOd or 2HKO and there's no real inbetween. 140 instead of 110 is not a big enough difference. It was only useful during the set-up portion of the match.

Headringers might be useful. + reatreat + attack cost, nice if you want to lysandre a shaymin.
This has potential, if I can find the room.

+2 Aqua great ball.
+1 Celebi-EX

I am still only playing a few months, so I'm increasing my card pool/skill level/knowledge before I move up to the bigger format. I love the idea of the Aqua Balls. I didn't even know such a thing existed. It would make sense then to include a single water energy which would mean I could use the other attack on both Dragalge in a pinch. Unfortunately, I haven't got any Aqua Balls :v I will track some down and try this one out for sure though.

-Silent Lab
-1 VS Seeker
-1 Town Map
-1 Psychic Energy

+4 Trainers Mail

Trainer's Mail. Seriously this card is practically essential, I just couldn't find the room. I have now added a trio of them anyway, in place of the Silent Lab, one VS. and one energy. Already I'm feeling the energy pinch and have been missing it on a few first turns. I may bump up the draw support in place of one of these mails.

I am a little apprehensive about removing a VS - always a four-of seems like the only golden rule in deckbuilding, but I'll try it for now.

As for the town map it's very hard to cut. It's the kind of card that once you play with it for a while, you just don't want to go back to drawing your prizes blind. Particularly in a deck like this with a lot of moving parts and low counts of each. Grabbing that float stone or the odd-man-out Dragalge at just the right time is too critical too often.

I should say that Energy Switch has come in clutch a few times now. It's not often worth it but when it is, it becomes a game-changer. They never see the fully charged Muk coming :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Greg

Aspiring Trainer
I should say that Energy Switch has come in clutch a few times now. It's not often worth it but when it is, it becomes a game-changer. They never see the fully charged Muk coming :p

How has the deck done so far? Is the op its current deck build? Would love to try this deck! I could also give better advice, and let you know what worked for me!

Oh also, have you tried either of the aqua/magma stadiums?