Ruling Puzzle of Time

Hippydude

Aspiring Trainer
Got a question for puzzle of time. If i were to use 2 at a time to pick up 2 cards out of the discard pile could i pick one of the puzzles and another card? If that is the case could I theoretically could keep 1 puzzle in my hand at all times after play the first 2 set?

Attachments

• puzzle-of-time-breakpoint-bkp-109-312x441.jpg
    puzzle-of-time-breakpoint-bkp-109-312x441.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 7

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
No, but not for the reason you might think.

It's a common play to announce the trainer you're playing, put the card in the discard, and then do it. This is actually, technically, the wrong way to play a trainer. It doesn't really matter all that often, but it's very important for Puzzle of Time and cards like it.

When you play Puzzle of Time (or any trainer, really), the correct way to do it is to put the trainer in question somewhere in play that is not your discard pile. Then, once you've fulfilled its conditions, it goes into your discard pile.

When you think of things like this, your question becomes very easy to answer: when you play Puzzle of Time, the card hasn't yet reached your discard pile, so you cannot simply pull an endless loop of them.

Now, with that said, if you had one in your discard pile and then played two more, you could take the one from the discard that is not part of the pair you just played.