Pokemon Japan's Pokemon Center Website Reopening!

Dang. Definitely gonna have to create some pretty radical income to afford all of this

No more having to purchase PC Exclusive things off of eBay??

Is the site going to be in English for people outside of japan?

No more having to purchase PC Exclusive things off of eBay??

Is the site going to be in English for people outside of japan?

The article says that the website will probably only ship within Japan, so it's unlikely there will be an English version. It seems like they're basically replacing the current amazon.co.jp Pokémon Center storefront with their own website. We'll find out for sure in a couple weeks when it opens.

I tried translating some of the site's terms and conditions and came across what translated to this.

"4. delivery of goods provided by the service are Japan domestic market only."

So for those of us outside Japan, unfortunately it looks like we won't be able to purchase from the site.

For those that really have to import, there are shipping transfer sites like Tenso.com that basically you ship to your name at their address, you pay Tenso a fee + international shipping charges when they email that they've received your stuff (can be like 3000+ yen or more depending on weight), and they ship it to you overseas.

The exchange rate with the US is pretty favorable right now FYI.

I saw the gym badge set and immediately thought "I have to have that".

Then I saw the price and was like "I really hope they ship internationally, because buying the badges from an intermediary vendor is gonna be ridiculously expensive"

Then I saw it's most likely Japan only and now I'm a sad panda.

For those not in Japan, you could use a proxy address or a shipping service located in Japan.

I can't wait to get those Badges, they look awesome!

Back