• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Zoroark Break / Yveltal EX

Qtmcgoo

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon: 17
  • 2 Zoroark Break (BT)
  • 3 Yveltal (XY)
  • 2 Yveltal EX (XY)
  • 2 Shaymin EX (RS)
  • 3 Zoroark (BT)
  • 3 Zorua (BT Confusion)
  • 2 Seismitoad EX (FF)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 31
  • 4 Professor Sycamore (XY)
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observation (PC)
  • 2 Lysander (FF)
  • 1 Judge (BT)
  • 1 Xerosic (PF)
  • 1 AZ (PF)
  • 4 VS Seeker (PF)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (FF)
  • 4 Trainers' Mail (RS)
  • 3 Muscle Band (XY)
  • 2 Float Stones (BT)
  • 2 Battle Compressor (PF)
  • 1 Super Rod (BT)
  • 2 Shadow Circle (XY)
Energy: 12
  • 6 Darkness Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy PHF
Strategy:

Baby Yveltal is great for energy acceleration to help get our Yveltal EX and Zoroark/Zoroark(Break) ready for action by turn two. Both Yveltal and Zoroark have really solid attacks and depending on the situation both and OTK a pokemon. I am currently just getting back into the game (Leaving right before Phantom Forces) and I know this isn't a top tier deck (yet) but breakthrough was the reason I came back. I would really like suggestion and input as I am just returning.

Last edited:
I think you might appreciate having a Shadow Circle or a Sky field more than a Faded town.
Because Yveltal can get energy back from the discard, it may be more helpful to have a Sacred Ash in place of the Super Rod.
Yveltal is also very good in the Night march match up, as it KO's both attackers for a single Darkness. I would cut one Zoroark for a Yeltal.
3 Battle Compressor seems excessive when you only need to get one or two darkness and a few supporters in the discard.
This list feels tight and also doesn't suffer too much to abilities. I would recommend cutting the Hex Maniac.
Adding Seismitoad is an easy fit to this list, and adds an option.
-2 Faded Town
-2 Battle Compressor
-1 Zoroark
-1 Hex Maniac
-1 Super Rod
-2 Darkness Energy
+1 Yveltal
+1 Trainer's Mail
+1 Muscle Band
+1 Sacred Ash
+1 AZ
+2 (Sky Field/ Shadow Circle)
+2 Seismitoad-EX
Welcome back!

I think you might appreciate having a Shadow Circle or a Sky field more than a Faded town.
Because Yveltal can get energy back from the discard, it may be more helpful to have a Sacred Ash in place of the Super Rod.
Yveltal is also very good in the Night march match up, as it KO's both attackers for a single Darkness. I would cut one Zoroark for a Yeltal.
3 Battle Compressor seems excessive when you only need to get one or two darkness and a few supporters in the discard.
This list feels tight and also doesn't suffer too much to abilities. I would recommend cutting the Hex Maniac.
-2 Faded Town
-2 Battle Compressor
-1 Zoroark
-1 Hex Maniac
-1 Super Rod
-2 Darkness Energy
+1 Yveltal
+1 Trainer's Mail
+1 Muscle Band
+1 Sacred Ash
+1 AZ
+2 Seismitoad-EX
Welcome back!
Lel. I see. Slap SEISMITOAD into any deck and it is now better. Yea-NO. Seismitoad with Yveltal doesn't work. You need DCE for Yveltal, and Seismitoad just doesn't do enough damage. And muscle bands are going to be used for Yveltal. Seismitoad, though good, doesn't work.

I wouldn't say it doesn't fit into the deck. There is more than enough energy to go around and means to get out of the discard pile. For one of the DCE in the deck, you can immensely limit the opponent's opening turns. It gives you the opportunity to greatly build a lead on board control by setting up multiple attackers on your bench.

-2 Faded Town
-2 Battle Compressor
-1 Zoroark
-1 Hex Maniac
-1 Super Rod
-2 Darkness Energy
+1 Yveltal
+1 Trainer's Mail
+1 Muscle Band
+1 Sacred Ash
+1 AZ
+2 Seismitoad-EX
Welcome back!
So I made some changes and I will be playing a round a lot with this deck because I think it has some really good potential. However I dont think Toad is right for this deck like Numelz said. Shadow Circle will help a lot as Mega Man will cut out that weakness and I just wanna keep Hex in for those random decks that it can work against.

Hi Qtmcgoo,

Nice deck. Consider these modifications:

- 1 Trainers' Mail (three are sufficient with your draw engine)
- 2 Float Stone (I would rather attach muscle band to Zoroark)
- 1 Battle Compressor (one is not enough and you do not have room for 2-3 of them)
- 2 Shadow Circle (all they need is a counter stadium; use a more proactive aggressive stadium)
- 1 Darkness Energy (needed the room and you can retrive them with Yveltal)

+ 1 Giovanni's Scheme (real versatile and can help to ensure the critical ohko)
+ 1 Muscle Band (see above; you want to be aggressive here)
+ 2 Target Whistle (why depend on your opponents choice to bench Pokémon? Bench a shaymin or Hoopa for them from the discard)
+ 3 Faded Town (ensures critical ohkos versus Mega evolution decks and it works on your turn too)

Here is a link to a Zoroark deck that you might be interested in:

Hi Qtmcgoo,

Nice deck. Consider these modifications:

- 1 Trainers' Mail (three are sufficient with your draw engine)
- 2 Float Stone (I would rather attach muscle band to Zoroark)
- 1 Battle Compressor (one is not enough and you do not have room for 2-3 of them)
- 2 Shadow Circle (all they need is a counter stadium; use a more proactive aggressive stadium)
- 1 Darkness Energy (needed the room and you can retrive them with Yveltal)

+ 1 Giovanni's Scheme (real versatile and can help to ensure the critical ohko)
+ 1 Muscle Band (see above; you want to be aggressive here)
+ 2 Target Whistle (why depend on your opponents choice to bench Pokémon? Bench a shaymin or Hoopa for them from the discard)
+ 3 Faded Town (ensures critical ohkos versus Mega evolution decks and it works on your turn too)

Here is a link to a Zoroark deck that you might be interested in:

Thanks for the help! I took all the advice besides the Scheme. I feel like I wont use it that much. Im going to my first tournament in a long time. I'll beplaying around with the deck a lot so maybe two schemes will be better Im just not sure yet.

Hi Qtmcgoo,

Consider this modification:

-1 Sacred Ashes or Super Rod (Having both in the same deck is a little redundant. Choose one and remove the other)
+1 Giovanni's Scheme (the extra damage is more than useful)

So I've updated the deck with Seismtoad. I really like it. I tried Gallade but I just can never seem to get him out. If anyone else would like to give me some imput I'd Love that.

So I've updated the deck with Seismtoad. I really like it. I tried Gallade but I just can never seem to get him out. If anyone else would like to give me some imput I'd Love that.
Maxie and Archie decks are tough in Standard without the Computer Search or the Superior Energy Retrieval (stuff to trim hand size). If getting Gallade out is the goal, you would want to cut certain Pokemon and limit your supporter line more than with other deck builds. You would also want to include trainers like Acro Bike and Roller Skates to get your hand to where you can Maxie. Unown could also be of help.
Good luck getting your list to where you want it!

Back