• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Giratina EX / Regice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Fourturkeys!

Just as a heads u there are a few cards that not allowed in the standard format that you have in your deck! To find the current cards that are legal for the Standard Format, please go here to view them! http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/pokemon-tcg-format-rotation-for-2016/

Also, just another tip you are only allowed 60 cards in any Pokemon deck!

Here are the cards you would need to take out to make it legal in terms of cards in rotation:

• Gibile
  • Gabite
  • Devolution Spray
  • Roseanne's Research
I hope this helps!

Hi Fourturkeys!

Just as a heads u there are a few cards that not allowed in the standard format that you have in your deck! To find the current cards that are legal for the Standard Format, please go here to view them! http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/pokemon-tcg-format-rotation-for-2016/

Also, just another tip you are only allowed 60 cards in any Pokemon deck!

Here are the cards you would need to take out to make it legal in terms of cards in rotation:

• Gibile
  • Gabite
  • Devolution Spray
  • Roseanne's Research
I hope this helps!

Thanks SS...In my post, I've noted the cards you mention as non-standard including Tool Scrapper. Is this card still legal in standard? If it isn't, that leaves me with room for two cards.

since you are a newbie....
as a start. I suggest that you don't use such a large variety of pokemon and/or trainers/supporters.
simplify first and learn the nuance.
go Giratina/Regice and maybe Hydreigon. up the count.
get more draw support. Prof. Sycamore x4. Shauna x4. etc..
it helps to move as many cards thru your hand as possible.
don't worry about discarding... it doesn't matter to have cards left in the deck if you lose anyway.

as you get more efficient in running the deck...
then you can start working in more variety.
walk before you run.

since you are a newbie....
as a start. I suggest that you don't use such a large variety of pokemon and/or trainers/supporters.
simplify first and learn the nuance.
go Giratina/Regice and maybe Hydreigon. up the count.
get more draw support. Prof. Sycamore x4. Shauna x4. etc..
it helps to move as many cards thru your hand as possible.
don't worry about discarding... it doesn't matter to have cards left in the deck if you lose anyway.

as you get more efficient in running the deck...
then you can start working in more variety.
walk before you run.

Thanks Thom - I have been playing in local leagues with him (first tournament) with simpler decks and decks he's made. I'm going to find two other trainers that could help and test this one out to hopefully find some pitfalls. If you all already see some, I'd appreciate the input. I don't have many Sycamores or Shaunas, yet.

Thanks SS...In my post, I've noted the cards you mention as non-standard including Tool Scrapper. Is this card still legal in standard? If it isn't, that leaves me with room for two cards.

To answer your question, Tool Scrapper is only legal in Expanded.

Thanks Thom - I have been playing in local leagues with him (first tournament) with simpler decks and decks he's made. I'm going to find two other trainers that could help and test this one out to hopefully find some pitfalls. If you all already see some, I'd appreciate the input. I don't have many Sycamores or Shaunas, yet.

you may want to "budget" an amount for sycamore.
they aren't terribly expensive on ebay.

just be careful NOT to buy world championship cards (typically with silver border).
they are cheaper but are not legal for tournament use.

sycamore is one of those cards that all players need a stable of x4 in there decks.

you might try Judge from the new Breakthru set also.
its "similar" to a N. and can be useful. and a substitute.
should be easy to grab a few on ebay.

as you progress in skill. its better to just buy the cards you need.
its fun opening packs... but 95% of the commons/cards are useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back