Discussion Empoleon Combos

pokedan24

Aspiring Trainer
Empoleon – Water – HP140
Stage 2 – Evolves from Prinplup

Ability: Noble Power
As long as this Pokemon is in play, your Basic Pokemon’s attacks do 20 more damage.

[W][C] Hydro Splash: 70 damage.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

-----------------------------------------------

The first combo that came to mind was Seismitoad EX. It gives you that extra damage that's missing since laserbank rotated. It can also allow Grenade Hammer to KO EXes. I actually tried this and it does really well. Even Shaymin EX can be used as an attacker here.

Another idea is Gardevoir EX with life leap. You'll be healing 40, 60, 80 damage per turn. Combined with Assault Vest, you have a very annoying tank.

Lastly, there's the idea of using cheap attackers that can hit for weakness. Lucario EX can cover fighting weak attackers, toad for water, magnezone EX for lightning, Pinsir for grass, and either Mewtwo for psychic. They can all do at least 30 damage for either a rainbow or a DCE.

And that's just for standard...

Redders64

Aspiring Trainer
I'm just about to start a Super Milltank deck. Gonna contains Miltank Empoleon and Bats. With powerful friends, muscle band, Empoleon and giovanna's scheme I should theoreticly be able to do 140 each turn. If I can get 2 Emopleon up that's 160. As well as this I can use the bats to add maybe 20 - 30 damage a turn.

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
Any thoughts on it being better as like a standard rare candy with archie or just straight archie.

Though I guess the real question is. Will it be consistent enough to make it worth it. It's basically machamp for only basics. And that hardly sees any use. Even with how consistent fighting is.

poke4trade

Raising Ash
I've been tinkering around with the card. I found that a Glallie deck that uses reserved ticket works well. Reserved ticket brings consistency to the deck and synergy with Glallie EX. Glalie EX needs to manipulate hand size. If the deck Archies for Empoleon, you do 170 with Glallie. If a muscle band is attached you do 190. Because reserve ticket is a throw away card it helps with hand size and that ultraball VSeeker and battle compressor combination. The deck struggles against night march/Vespqeen. Without an efficient basic attacker, the deck looses the prize card exchange.

Mora

Don't Panic
Any thoughts on it being better as like a standard rare candy with archie or just straight archie.

Though I guess the real question is. Will it be consistent enough to make it worth it. It's basically machamp for only basics. And that hardly sees any use. Even with how consistent fighting is.

I think Machamp didn't see play because there was already a ton of consistent support for Fighting Pokémon. Between Muscle Band, Strong Energy, and Fighting Stadium, Fighting Pokémon haven't wanted for extra damage, but since Empoleon lets more than just Fighting Pokémon make use of it and it's a Water type that has Archie's Ace as an option, maybe it will see more play than Machamp. Playing just one Empoleon and an Archie's Ace is technically possible in quite a few viable decks.

pokedan24

Aspiring Trainer
cool little deck is archies empoleon with muscle banded latios

That's a neat idea. Though there's also Giovanni's scheme in case you can't get Empoleon out T1.

While I use the rare candy method, Archie might be the better way to go. It's worked before (worlds) so there's no reason it shouldn't work here.

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
If expanded its the same. But if standard. Archie isn't super reliable without jirachi ex.

NintendoAlian

Frontier Brain
I have tested Empoleon/Toad but doesn't do enough damage. I think Empoleon works better with a Pokemon that can do big damage. I like it with just Miltank because it does a lot of damage for one energy, and other basic attacker that can do a lot of damage or something that I like. I play Regice or Combustion Blast Charizard.

Pipotchi

Aspiring Trainer
I think you could play Empoleon/Lugia/Articuno with some success. Lugia becomes a very efficient attacker and Articuno would clean up prizes very easily

GengarGuys

"Pickle Enthusiast"
I like Empoleon with Absol ROS and Landorus-EX BRC with Strong Energy, Dignified Fighter, Muscle Band, Fighting Stadium, and Giovanni's Scheme for one energy you can hit for 160 all for one energy or play it with Bats instead of Absol.

kai88

THE Aspiring Trainer ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
What about Night March? Allowing it to ohko megas is op.

OldManPokemon

Aspiring Trainer
I am new to the pokemon community and have been doing my fair share of researching / youtubing deck profiles and whatnot. Not from any personal experience but i believe this would work well in most water and/or colorless type decks. I like the idea of being able to use Empoleon as an attacker if need be. Matched up with a toad to bump quaking punch to do 50 for a dce, get 2 on the bench and you now have 70, add a band and now up to 90! Throw in with a Lugia. I also like the idea of having a Suicune to put up against big EX decks to throw them off. Safe against them and could scale to do some serious damage!

DarkMatterGaming

Aspiring Trainer
I've tried Empoleon with Yveltal/Yveltal EX on PTCGO and it works surprisingly well if you can get it set up; with Band, you're already swinging 50 damage + an attach from discard, with Empoleon it's even sillier. Plus it affects Evil Ball's base damage to be 60/80 (I only run 2 and 2 Archies') making risky KOs... less risky.

kai88

THE Aspiring Trainer ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
What if we combined this with something like lucario to make speed fighting decks? (With max elixer from breakthrough of course)

awesomeMSG

Just a guy who wants to master Greninja BREAK
Seismitoad-EX will only be used for it's first attack to lock items with empoleon. the reason is because it will do 130 to your opponent, but will put 50 damage to 2 of your bench. Just think:
XY3_EN_106.png
+
BW9_EN_108.png
+
180px-EmpoleonBREAKthrough38.jpg
+
XY4_EN_33.png
+
1379326872-44776200.jpg
+
pkm_plasmastorm-126rv.jpg
= 150 damage and still poisoned!

kingqazbatt

Aspiring Trainer
Seismitoad-EX will only be used for it's first attack to lock items with empoleon. the reason is because it will do 130 to your opponent, but will put 50 damage to 2 of your bench. Just think:
XY3_EN_106.png
+
BW9_EN_108.png
+
180px-EmpoleonBREAKthrough38.jpg
+
XY4_EN_33.png
+
1379326872-44776200.jpg
+
pkm_plasmastorm-126rv.jpg
= 150 damage and still poisoned!
it does not add extra damage to anything except your opponents active and using the second attack is only to guarantee a win where you would otherwise lose