• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Pyroar / Gallade for Cities

Master Golurk

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:12
  • 4 Pyroar (FLF)
  • 4 Litleo (FLF18)
  • 2 Gallade (BKT)
  • 1 Shaymin EX (ROS)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 35
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 3 Blacksmith
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Battle Compressor
  • 4 Muscle Band
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 2 Fiery Torch
  • 3 Trainer's Mail
  • 2 Professor's letter
  • 2 Scorched Earth
Energy: 13
  • 4 Burning Energy
  • 6 Fire Energy
  • 3 DCE
Strategy:

Pyroar helps to counter Vespiquen easily and also to two-shot weaker mega pokemon (Not to mention OHKO M-Sceptile). It also blocks damage from big basics like Yveltal and Manectric EX. Gallade helps boost consistency and ruins M-Manectric

I know it's a bit obscure

I don't know if many night march decks will run the Hex Maniac, but that could be a trouble, otherwise you will have a great time against them.
You will probably want a 2-3 Shaymin to help get that Gallade out and help with consistency in general.
I think Fiery Torch is generally frowned upon, so I would suggest cutting them. I think they would also not help in your attempt to lower your hand size down to a Maxie.
My quick suggestions would be something like:
-2 fiery torch
-1 professor letter
-1 blacksmith
-1 battle compressor
-2 burning energy
+1 DCE
+1 Shaymin
+2 trainer mail
+1 Birch
+1 Skyla
+ vs seeker
Good luck at your Cities!

How does Pyroar counter Vepiquen? Vespiquen is a Stage 1, so it can attack Pyroar, and even though it hits Vepiquen for Weakness, it already KO's Vespiquen without it. Vespiquen is easier to set up then Pyroar and thus prize trades better with it. This is important if you're going to be playing this for Cities and expect to be playing against a lot of Vespiquen.

The new Jirachi Promo might be something to consider if you're worried about it and don't want to switch decks. Just throwing that out there.

You can easily lysandre around it to ohko something they don't want you to, like a shaymin.

-2 fiery torch

+1 judge (you'd be surprised how good it would be to have hand disruption, and if you don't their hand will eclipse your options)
+1 AZ (it gives you the option of 2 shaymin, bats can still hit you but will take a longer time to take a ko)

More options = more power.

I'd love to see more Birch and Shaymin in this, makes for a more consistent deck. At least one more scorched Earth wouldn't hurt either.
Hex Maniac is essential against Aegeslash and vileplume, even if it means you have to give up on Pyroar's ability for a turn.
A one-of the phantom Forces Pyroar is also an idea, able to snipe without using a supporter for turn and still go from there.
My recommendations:
-1 Pyroar FlF
-1 Blacksmith
-2 Prof Letter
-2 Fiery Torch

+1 Pyroar PhF
+1 Birch
+1 Shaymin Ex
+1 Vs Seeker
+1 Hex Maniac
+1 Scorched Earth

You could run Wally to get a turn one Pyroar. I feel like flipping the table when I go second and there was a turn one Pyroar which means I can't attack with my big basics.
Is Either of the AOR Enteis a worthy one-of?
I think you could run a one of entei AT. But then you want another Poke-Tool so you can use the AT to good use.

Back