• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Pangoro / Ariados

The_Samurott_Guy

Aspiring Trainer
This is my decklist:

Pokémon: 18
  • 4 Pangoro PR XY80
  • 4 Pancham FFI
  • 2 Zorua
  • 2 Zoruark
  • 1 Lucario EX
  • 2-2 Ariados
  • 1 Machamp EE
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 30
  • 2 Korrina
  • 2 Bridgette
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Fightning Stadium
  • 1 Sky Field
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 2 Heavy Ball
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 1 Float Stone
  • 1 Professors Letter
  • 2 Trainers' Mail
Energy: 12
  • 4 Strong Energy
  • 8 Fightning Energy
Strategy:

Get a start with first turn bad influence of Pancham or Lucario Ex Missile jab.
The fun begins around turn 3 because you begin to attack with Pangoro.
The only thing I am worried about is Hex Maniac and Garbodor

Cubone's_Dad

Aspiring Trainer
I like the strategy you're going with I just think ariados works better with Machamp ex. Pangoro's attack has the same cost as Machamp and hits less hard. Not to mention if you draw Cham or Pangoro, you still need to search out the other. I would also cut the dark line Im general. I think that just waters down what you are trying to find (your pans and bugs). I would consider running landorus to help power up your team with shout power.

I really like the creativity you are going with I just think it may not be as consistent as you are hoping.

awesomeMSG

Just a guy who wants to master Greninja BREAK
Too get that first turn missile jab I would run 1-2 more lucario. Also baby lando is an option. I also don't understand the reason for ariados. I think it would just poison YOURSELF with no grass pokemon other than ariados. Same with Machamp-EX. I think Machamp is an okay deck on it's own, but needs too much support so as a side attacker I'm not so sure.

Cubone's_Dad

Aspiring Trainer
Too get that first turn missile jab I would run 1-2 more lucario. Also baby lando is an option. I also don't understand the reason for ariados. I think it would just poison YOURSELF with no grass pokemon other than ariados. Same with Machamp-EX. I think Machamp is an okay deck on it's own, but needs too much support so as a side attacker I'm not so sure.

The reason for Ariados is that it boosts the attack of pangoro by 40 if it is affected by a special condition (poison). Its the same with Machamp however, Machamp benifits from healing itself from the status condition after the attack.

However, if you really like they idea and want to stick it out I would say try replacing the Zors for some Landorus and a Hawlucha. Hawlucha has no retreat so you can switch him out as you need and can do some decent damage on an Ex for only 1 fighting energy.

Also if you ad landorus, I would add 2 or so battle compressors to help thin your deck, and also get some energy into the discard. This will allow landorus to move it to you pangoro and get him powered up faster.

awesomeMSG

Just a guy who wants to master Greninja BREAK
The reason for Ariados is that it boosts the attack of pangoro by 40 if it is affected by a special condition (poison). Its the same with Machamp however, Machamp benifits from healing itself from the status condition after the attack.
Oh sorry. I didn't pay attention to the attack.