Discussion Nerf Malamar EX!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malmar is a card in a deck that is considered unpredictable. Because of the flips, a malamar deck can roll well in one encounter and not the next. Ofcourse, trick coin helps with the strategy, but consistently it flips land anywhere for the attack. The only deck I've seen Malmar played in, where I thought it might slightly be over powered, is the aromotise deck. It is when you drop the fairy energy on Malamar and put the opponent to sleep, and then move the energy to the attacking pokemon. It basically gives a sleep every turn. However, Wobofett and Silent Lab just rolls the strategy.

One of the more interesting plays, I see players make is the overuse of special energy. If the player intends to stock the deck with special then using a pokemon with Ancient Trait that blocks trainers is your best bet.

I know basic energies are not as exciting, but by using them they put the opponent in awkward matchup's. Basically, you charge with basic energy to the bench forcing them to us the crushing hammers on a flip versus the enhance hammers. This gives a 50/50 chance and can force the opponent to play down two trainers at times. This encourages a stall time and forces the opponent to start running through their deck. By using this type of strategy it puts your deck in a stronger position. The worst possible play one can make, and I make it too, is put the Special Energy down on first turn in the active. The chances of loosing it is extremely high because there are 4 ways of loosing it - Team Flare, Xersoic, Crushing, Enhanced. By putting a special energy on your bench, you receive only 3 cards that can take it. By laying down a basic energy, there is only one way to loose it -- Crushing Hammer. Statically, this is your best bet.

The strategy I suggest for disruption decks is to either have a single charged pokemon in the deck, or to give the active up and charge a bench pokemon and then switch/escape or float stone out -- this strategy work really well with Ace Trainer. However, it requires patience.

Having played against world players, the thing I notice most is that they are very patient and thoughtful before they move. They do not rush. This however is very contradictory to online players. Online players tend to rush a bit and want speed opting for a Halo style play, very fast and powerful. Slowing down the game play a bit actually opens up different strategies giving it a chess feel for moves. I struggle with patience and that is why I struggle against top ranked players.

Patience Young Padwan is what usually I tell myself to keep me in check.

Hope this helps!

You can't be serious. First off, TDK is a bad deck to face any deck with Malamar in it. Secondly, Malamar sucks and hasen't seen much play because Silent Lab and Hex Maniac, 2 widely used cards, counter it so easily. It also loses to Primal Groudon and stuff. You can't just try to tech for this matchup with TDK since the issue is with TDK, not sucky weak luck-based easiest 2 prizes Malamar EX.

I think the main lesson here is just not to jump to such rash conclusions so quickly. Search for a solution to the problem before you concede to it. :)

You know what?

I will not argue about it. I apologize for wasting peoples time. I am done with this. Its clear that I was wrong like always.

As you may still be paying attention (and if not, others can learn from it)...

For the record, the reason I finally asked if this thread was a prank was because at that time I was thoroughly convinced it was. Also something I know from personal experience, the "I was wrong like always." attitude is a horrible pit trap. For some it becomes a mantra that leads to depression. For others (like me) it becomes an excuse that they keep on telling themselves so instead of really learning from mistakes, they just keep making them until someone they care about gets hurt. =/

I went back and removed quite a few posts. You guys have gotten so far off topic, and the posts that were on topic haven't said anything that hasn't already been said and continue to berate the OP for some reason or another. This kind of behavior will not be tolerated on the forums; consider this a verbal warning.

*Thread Locked*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back