• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Seismitoad EX / Glalie EX

HitagiCrab

Aspiring Trainer
This is a preliminary list I was playing yesterday with some friends. While it runs well enough, I can't help but feel it needs some tweaking. I made some changes after a few games and am stuck with what you see below. Maybe put in some Energy hate cards like Crushing/Enhanced Hammer or Head Ringer?

http://i.imgur.com/tkN7iQT.jpg

Pokemon: 12

• 3 Glalie EX
  • 3 Seismitoad EX
  • 2-2 Octillery BRT
  • 1 Lapras XY
  • 1 Shaymin EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 36
  • 4 Judge
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Battle Reporter
  • 1 Giovanni's Scheme
  • 4 Muscle Band
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Dive Ball
  • 3 Super Scoop Up
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 2 Switch
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 4 Rough Seas
Energy: 10
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 6 Water Energy
2 Empty slots

Strategy

Either set up a quick Seismitoad to item lock your opponent or set up a Glalie and hit for lots of damage by matching hand size with your opponent. Max Ultra Ball/Dive Ball with no Hoopa ensures your ability to get the Pokemon you need without having a huge liability on your bench.

Notes

Shaymin, even at 1, doesn't seem too useful here. I've been considering upping the Octillery line to 3-3.

Last edited:
IMO, the Shaymin EX provides little value given your Octillery line; and similarly, neither are the Ultra Balls since all your main Poke are W type and you are running 4 Dive Balls.

Secondly, I believe the Lapras could be used more effectively by utilizing a Battle Compressor to discard a few W energy that Lapras could thereafter Seafaring onto your benched Pokemon.

I also think a few more W energy would be beneficial too.

Following are some suggested deck changes for your consideration:

-1 Shaymin EX
-4 Ultra Ball - not critical since all Pokemon are W type and you are running 4 Dive Ball
-3 Super Scoop Up - you only have a 50% chance of success IF you are not Item-locked; should run either 4 or 0, IMO

+2 Lapras
+1 Regice - a solid non-EX attacker and "EX wall"
+1 Professor's Letter - helps to search and get initial W energy
+1 AZ (or Cassius) - to recover Pokemon
+1 Battle Compressor
+1 Trainer's Mail - helps to search and get Trainer
+1 VS Seeker - 4th VS Seeker has been clutch for me too many times...

+2 W

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Back